/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my heart has hardened :(

Serinity
04-04-2016, 11:02 AM
:salam:

I feel my heart has hardened, cuz I don't see any signs, while I do recognize them, and acknowledge them, I don't understand them at the deep level I once did. :(

I think too much, and it causes too much waswass..............

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
04-04-2016, 12:15 PM
:wasalamex

Why do you think this?

'Abd-al Latif
04-04-2016, 12:17 PM
:salamext:

The Prophet (:saws:) said: "Faith wears out in your heart as clothes wear out, so ask Allah to renew the faith in your hearts." (narrated by al-Haakim in his Mustadrak and al-Tabaraani in his Mu’jam with a saheeh isnaad). Change back to your old habits. How much Qur'an did you used to recite that you've now stopped? How much dhikr did you used to make? How many times did you used to go to the masjid? How frequently did you used to repent, give sadaqa or seek knowledge? How much du'aa did you make that you've now stopped?

Go back to your good habits and stick to them. Recite daily, even if it's half a page. Make du'aa for everything because every du'aa is responded to. Give sadaqa and be obedient to your parents for Allah's pleasure.

Serinity
04-04-2016, 03:59 PM
@'Abd-al Latif

you are on point.. I used to say soo much after every prayer etc. Evening dhikr, morning dhikr etc. I used to memorise the Quran (I have 6 surahs memorised) but I've become a bit shallow. :/

One of the ways to get my heart to understand more of Islam, and have more miracles / proofs, signs etc. Is reflecting upon the Quran, right? I feel, everytime I try, I get negative thoughts / assumptions etc. I know it is from the Shaytaan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
04-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Brother, the other brothers and sisters here are so much more knowledgeable than I am, but I can say this much that do not despair or feel bad about yourself. You have already discovered why you are feeling this way, which is a blessing in itself masha'Allah, inshaAllah when you start reciting the Qur'an, doing more dhikr, just bringing your faith back up to scratch, you will feel so much better.

Faith is such a thing that it fluctuates - it happens to everyone, the only thing we have to do is maintain it and keep it strong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.