/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help with studying Islam?

noraina
04-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I am inshaAllah going to be studying for university from home. I am going to do a course in Psychology but I also want to further my study of Islam. It is not really for any formal qualification just for myself.

Does anything exist where say someone has written an curriculum or specification for an advanced study of Islam and provided a list of books to get and websites to read and the student (me) kind of goes at their own pace? I don't want to enrol into any formal institution or anything like that, because it is not practical for me right now- on the other hand I don't want to just go round studying all the information on my own and I would like some guidance in the form of a structured curriculum alongside lists of the necessary texts (I'd buy them myself). Kind of like the level of knowledge for an aalimah course - I don't mind it being thorough or taking years and years. I just really really want to learn.

Jazakimullahu khayran!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-04-2016, 03:12 PM
:wa:

Have you tried looking at: http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/

They will give you your own certificate once you completed the course too ;).

ConcealedGem
04-23-2016, 09:04 PM
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

سبحان الله its nice to see such a young and eager muslimah wanting to seek knowledge for the sake of Allah, that really is amazing. I recommend you enrol on to the Islamic sciences/alimiyyah programme in IOU or Zaynab academy online, all I can think of right now, will let you know if anything comes up. :)

http://www.zaynabacademyonline.org/a...egree-program/

may allah reward you for your intention and determination. ❤️

ReboundMuslimah
04-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Wa alaikum Assalam sis,

If you want to gain some extra knowledge and work at your own pace try signing up for the Muslim Survival Guide Program. The program is very organized and the topics are usually addressed through video clips that are 5-10 mins so that you can take in all the information. I think you'll like it give it a try.

Wasalam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza :)
04-23-2016, 09:31 PM
:wa:

Memorise the Quran first and learn arabic.

And what the members above said ^

noraina
04-23-2016, 09:37 PM
JazakAllah khayr for the suggestions sisters @ConcealedGem and @Dreamchaser and bro @hamza :), inshaAllah I will look them all up, I believe I have more time and energy now than I will ever have in my life so I wish to make the most of it.

BarakAllahu feek, :)

eesa the kiwi
04-23-2016, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
JazakAllah khayr for the suggestions sisters @ConcealedGem and @Dreamchaser and bro @hamza:), inshaAllah I will look them all up, I believe I have more time and energy now than I will ever have in my life so I wish to make the most of it.

BarakAllahu feek, :)
islamic online university offers a free diploma in islamic studies
you can find it here inshaallah

http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/diploma/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.