PDA

View Full Version : Do our prayers reach Allah ?



smallkid
04-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Pleaase do not quote Quran and Hadith and let me know of personal experiences if you have any ?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
04-04-2016, 08:17 PM
....
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-05-2016, 08:47 AM
:salamext:

In one word: Yes. Allaah answered me in 3 ways:

  1. By giving me what I wanted and prayed for
  2. By giving me something better then what I prayed for
  3. By giving me Sabr so I realise later on that I didn't need that specific thing I prayed for.


May Allaah give us all Sabr and give us the ability to have Tawakkul in His Decisions, Ameen.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 11:37 AM
For me neither.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
~ Sabr ~
04-05-2016, 12:10 PM
You don't know that.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 02:03 PM
How would I not know it. My life is going downhill means not accepted here. I have started to shirk means nothing hereafter either.
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
How would I not know it. My life is going downhill means not accepted here. I have started to shirk means nothing hereafter either.
This hadith is enough proof that Allah answers our duas

“Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” - See more at: http://hadithaday.org/hadith-qudsi/i....48sPiL63.dpuf
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 02:19 PM
Brother, it is time that you take a new look at your spiritual self and see where you are failing.

Are you performing your 5 times daily salah?
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 02:21 PM
i am not doing jumma after the failures. I just cannot. I am so much tested in life that all the pleasure and exhileeation of unexpected good new things is gone. I just want my life to end as it is beyond repair and I cannot see anything good in life after the failures.
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
i am not doing jumma after the failures. I just cannot. I am so much tested in life that all the pleasure and exhileeation of unexpected good new things is gone. I just want my life to end as it is beyond repair and I cannot see anything good in life after the failures.
No brother, that would be the biggest mistake ever, as ending your life doesnt end there, the torment of the action of killing yourself will continue until doomsday, so please dont ever consider it.

Jumah salah is compulsory. Missing out on this is start to failure in life and never ending problems, as you yourself can see. Please do make a start somewhere, brother, so that your quality of life may improve, insha'allah.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 02:32 PM
I am in such a rut and vicious circle of failures that if I start praying people will say that he is coming to masjid vecause hes a failure. More fun and ridicule will follow. Why does Allah have to make joke of some people like me ?
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I am in such a rut and vicious circle of failures that if I start praying people will say that he is coming to masjid vecause hes a failure. More fun and ridicule will follow. Why does Allah have to make joke of some people like me ?
Why are you so concerned about what other people think? It means nothing. Nothing at all!

What is important is what Allah thinks of us. You need to develop a bond with Allah swt.

Read the biography of the Prophet:saws: and his sahabah, and see what did they go through because they held onto Islam, and here we are complaining already! See what they went through to bring the message of Islam to us.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 02:37 PM
He knew he was a prophet of Allah. I havent experienced any sign of Allah ever. How do I know if hes even aware of my existence and my troubles ?
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
He knew he was a prophet of Allah. I havent experienced any sign of Allah ever. How do I know if hes even aware of my existence and my troubles ?
Well how are you alive then? Your food and the world did not come about by magic. Your existence is proof enough.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-05-2016, 02:54 PM
:salamext:

Brother, there was once a time I was in so many trials and tribulations I was like a walking corpse. I had finished living.

But Alhamdulillah my Sabr and tawakkul in Allaah remained intact. I knew Allaah Loves his creation more than x70 than our mothers, and He wants only good for me. Even if I didn't feel it I believed it as this is what Islam teaches us.

Maybe the trials were a way of
cleansing my sins? Raising my ranks? Punishing me? Allaahu Aalim.

But Alhamdulillaah a million times over, that I am in such a good place now (:ma:) that I cannot thank Allaah enough. I have learnt to be HAPPY when in pain, because of this very strong hadith I have come acrossL

Jabir (RadiAllaahu Anhu) narrated that the Prophet :saws: said:"On the Day of Judgement, when the people who were tried (in this world) are given their rewards, the people who were pardoned (in life), will wish that their skins had been cut off with scissors while they were in the world."
[Jami At Tirmidhi]

- S A B R - :ia:
Reply

ardianto
04-05-2016, 03:48 PM
Assalamualaikum Smallkid, I will tell my story.

I've ever failed in my business and fell into bankruptcy. That's happened in mid of 90's. I tried to rise, but failed again and again. Finally in 1999 I didn't have a job, while I already married and had a child. Then Ramadan came. It made me sad because I wanted to have money for Eid. So I made du'a. Nothing happened in the next few days. However, prior to mid of Ramadan I got a feeling that I should visit my mother. So I went to to my mother's home, and I met my paternal uncle who visited my mother too. I rarely met my uncle because he always moved due to his job. I talked with my uncle, and suddenly I remember that he knew an Eid parcel producer. I told him that I wanted to be connected with that parcel producer. Next day we went to the parcel producer, and a day later I started to sell Eid parcel on my mother's house terrace. Alhamdulillah, when Eid came I had money more than I expect.

I believe, the feeling that I should visit my mother was the answer of my dua. My visit to my mother made me met my uncle, made me could sell Eid parcel and got money. I believe it because my life experiences made me believe it.

Do you know, young bro?. Allah never gave me what I want. But Allah always gave me opportunity to get what I want. Then I do my effort to get what I want. Sometime I succeed, sometime I failed. But I never blame Allah when I got failed because I realize, that’s caused by my own mistake in doing my effort.

There is a logical reason why Allah doesn’t give us what we want in “ready to use” form, but just give us opportunity to get what we want. If Allah always give us what we want in “ready to use” form, we would be lazy. Imagine if you want to get a job. You just make dua and stay at home, then a business owner come and give you a good job. If you want to have a wife. You just make dua and stay at home, then a father come and offer his daughter to you. With easiness like this, you would be lazy to do an effort, don’t you?.

Allah always answer our dua, but we often not aware when the answer is coming. Imagine if I ignored the feeling that I should visit my mother. I would not meet my uncle, would not sell Eid parcel, would not have money in Eid.

Your dua always reaches Allah, and Allah always answer you dua, but usually not in the form that you want. This is why you didn't realize it and regard that Allah never answer your dua.

:)
Reply

sister herb
04-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Brother, after reading your few quite similar threads, this story came to my mind:

Barbers don´t exist


A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: “I don’t believe that God exists.”

“Why do you say that?” asked the customer.

“Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn’t exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can’t imagine a loving a God who would allow all of these things.”

The customer thought for a moment, but didn’t respond because he didn’t want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt.

The customer turned back and entered the barbershop again and he said to the barber: “You know what? Barbers do not exist.”

“How can you say that?” asked the surprised barber. “I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!”

“No!” the customer exclaimed. “Barbers don’t exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.”

“Ah, but barbers DO exist! The problem is that some people don’t come to me.”

“Exactly!” affirmed the customer. “The same thing is true of God.”


This is my answer to you.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 04:57 PM
I was with him few months back, but HE rejected me. HE has been an unkind lord to me atleast.
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 05:04 PM
NO NO NO NO, Don't let this make you hate Allah, and in the end reject Him.

I am willing to help...................... What do you need? What is troubling you? your exams?
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
:salamext:

Brother, there was once a time I was in so many trials and tribulations I was like a walking corpse. I had finished living.

But Alhamdulillah my Sabr and tawakkul in Allaah remained intact. I knew Allaah Loves his creation more than x70 than our mothers, and He wants only good for me. Even if I didn't feel it I believed it as this is what Islam teaches us.

Maybe the trials were a way of
cleansing my sins? Raising my ranks? Punishing me? Allaahu Aalim.

But Alhamdulillaah a million times over, that I am in such a good place now (:ma:) that I cannot thank Allaah enough. I have learnt to be HAPPY when in pain, because of this very strong hadith I have come acrossL

Jabir (RadiAllaahu Anhu) narrated that the Prophet :saws: said:"On the Day of Judgement, when the people who were tried (in this world) are given their rewards, the people who were pardoned (in life), will wish that their skins had been cut off with scissors while they were in the world."
[Jami At Tirmidhi]

- S A B R - :ia:
I know we have to have sabr.

So the reason why all this bad happens is because we don't turn to Him? I believe that Allah is the one who wills good and bad to happen, cuz nothing can happen except that Allah wills it. So how do I know whether Allah wills good for me? I guess my mindset is wrong.

But I don't know what Allah intends for me, but isn't it soo if I think good of Allah, Allah will do good to me? So Allah is to us how we think of Him?
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I was with him few months back, but HE rejected me. HE has been an unkind lord to me atleast.
Are you for real?
How old are you? You sound like a child.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by Serinity
I believe that Allah is the one who wills good and bad to happen, cuz nothing can happen except that Allah wills it. So how do I know whether Allah wills good for me? I guess my mindset is wrong.

But I don't know what Allah intends for me, but isn't it soo if I think good of Allah, Allah will do good to me? So Allah is to us how we think of Him?
Allaah loves us 70x more than our own mother - would you mother wish something bad for you?
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by Serinity
but isn't it soo if I think good of Allah, Allah will do good to me? So Allah is to us how we think of Him?
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’”
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]
- See more at: http://hadithaday.org/hadith-qudsi/i....bSPAJ1AB.dpuf
Reply

Eric H
04-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Greetings and peace be with you ardianto;



I've ever failed in my business and fell into bankruptcy. That's happened in mid of 90's. I tried to rise, but failed again and again. Finally in 1999 I didn't have a job, while I already married and had a child. Then Ramadan came. It made me sad because I wanted to have money for Eid. So I made du'a. Nothing happened in the next few days. However, prior to mid of Ramadan I got a feeling that I should visit my mother. So I went to to my mother's home, and I met my paternal uncle who visited my mother too. I rarely met my uncle because he always moved due to his job. I talked with my uncle, and suddenly I remember that he knew an Eid parcel producer. I told him that I wanted to be connected with that parcel producer. Next day we went to the parcel producer, and a day later I started to sell Eid parcel on my mother's house terrace. Alhamdulillah, when Eid came I had money more than I expect.

I believe, the feeling that I should visit my mother was the answer of my dua. My visit to my mother made me met my uncle, made me could sell Eid parcel and got money. I believe it because my life experiences made me believe it.

Do you know, young bro?. Allah never gave me what I want. But Allah always gave me opportunity to get what I want. Then I do my effort to get what I want. Sometime I succeed, sometime I failed. But I never blame Allah when I got failed because I realize, that’s caused by my own mistake in doing my effort.
You are a wonderful inspiration to people, and I remember your faith and trust in Allah, as your wife struggled with cancer.

Your dua always reaches Allah, and Allah always answer you dua, but usually not in the form that you want. This is why you didn't realize it and regard that Allah never answer your dua.

This reminds me of a prayer I read on this forum some time ago, sadly I forgot to take any references of were it comes from. We pray in our way; and Allah answers in a way that will help us attain eternal salvation.


I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

In the spirit of placing all our trust in Allah.

Eric
Reply

ardianto
04-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you ardianto;
Greeting and peace be with you Eric H.

I never blame anyone or anything when I failed in my attempt. But I always introspect myself to find what's the mistake that I have done. So, when I didn't get what I want in my dua, I always introspect myself to find what's the mistake that I have done. Is it because my ibadah (worship) not good enough?. Is it because I was less serious in my attempt?. Is it because I expect something too high which I am not deserve to get it?. Is it because ......

Alhamdulillah, it make me never feel disappointed toward Allah when I don't get what I want. I always believe, there's must be a good reason behind Allah decision to not give what I want.

This is why we must teach our children to not blame anyone when they get failed, but introspect themselves.
Reply

anatolian
04-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
He knew he was a prophet of Allah. I havent experienced any sign of Allah ever. How do I know if hes even aware of my existence and my troubles ?
Salam brother. :) Quran was revealed to Muhammed a.s. but it was revealed for us. Muhammed a.s. felt exactly the same things you feel right now when he didnt receive any revelation for 6 months. He was depressed. He thought that Allah had forgot him. Then the surah Duha (93) was revealed. The message is for you right now.

1. I swear by the early hours of the day,
2. And the night when it covers with darkness.
3. Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor has He become displeased,
4. And surely what comes after is better for you than that which has gone before.
5. And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
6. Did He not find you an orphan and give you shelter?
7. And find you lost (i.e. unrecognized by men) and guide (them to you)?
8. And find you in want and make you to be free from want?
9. Therefore, as for the orphan, do not oppress (him).
10. And as for him who asks, do not chide (him),
11. And as for the favor of your Lord, do announce (it)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-16-2013, 01:04 AM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 03:50 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 04:46 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 10:58 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!