/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am fighting the urge to listen to music, and I must repent....

Mustafa16
04-04-2016, 08:17 PM
I know music is haram, but my friend, the 13 year old I told you all about, plays the piano, and violin, so I lied to her and said I USED to not listen to music, because I was embarassed to consider music haram, and I had heard her play music before and knew how much it meant to her and I wanted to congratulate her on starting a new instrument......I then fell into sin, thinking music was allowed based on some scholar's opinions (Muhammed Fethullah Gulen, al Ghazzali), and I started listening to music today.......I realized what I was doing was wrong, and sure enough, after listening to quran, I no longer felt at peace, but felt bored and annoyed.....I want to repent, and I also want to distance myself from my friend's playing music...what should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The-Deist
04-04-2016, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
I know music is haram, but my friend, the 13 year old I told you all about, plays the piano, and violin, so I lied to her and said I USED to not listen to music, because I was embarassed to consider music haram, and I had heard her play music before and knew how much it meant to her and I wanted to congratulate her on starting a new instrument......I then fell into sin, thinking music was allowed based on some scholar's opinions (Muhammed Fethullah Gulen, al Ghazzali), and I started listening to music today.......I realized what I was doing was wrong, and sure enough, after listening to quran, I no longer felt at peace, but felt bored and annoyed.....I want to repent, and I also want to distance myself from my friend's playing music...what should I do?
Okay, I am a non-Muslim.

But hear out my two cents.

First of all it's a no no for you to hang around non-mahrams yet alone chat with them.

Second you should not be ashamed of your beliefs, I was not as a Muslim, why should you?

If you really believe this is the true way to God, can't you also believe that he's got your back?

So I say do what's right and leave her and music.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.