/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about doing wuduu

BlackaddeR
04-06-2016, 10:12 AM
I can't do wuduu at the university. The sink in the men's room is just toooooo small to put my feet on it. I was thinking the next. And I am asking you guys if you know if this is allowed.
I can wash my hands, mouth, nose etc etc.. I can do this til my neck. But I can't wash my feet there. The sink is too small for it. Can I do wuduu in the men's room (washing till neck) and outside my feet? I was thinking to put water in a 500ML bottle to wash my feet outside. I don't know if this is a valid wuduu. Is this even allowed. Can I pray on the university using this wuduu method? Or should I do tayammum?
Thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
04-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Asalamualykum,

If i am outside and there is no suitable facilities for me to use i take a small bottle with me, fill it up with water and then i raise my leg above the toilet and pour water over my feet. I do this three times using my hands to wash in-between my toes and so on. It is tricky and you need to balance your body but like anything practice makes perfect.

I would definitely wash my feet even if it means going outside to wash my feet.

We can only resort to tayyamum when there is no water and in your case there is water.

Also try and do your wudu at home and if you can stay in a clean state then that would be easier for you.

May Allah swt help you find a suitable solution Ameen.

BlackaddeR
04-06-2016, 11:28 AM
Selamünaleyküm,

First of all, thank you for responding. Yet, I did not understand what you have written. First you say that you go outside with a bottle filled with water, then you say that you wash your feet above the toiler, balancing like a ninja. As far as I understood, outside you do wuduu with a bottle of water.
And when you are in the men's room/bathroom or something, you do wuduu til neck and above the toilet you wash your feet, balancing on one foot and you use your hand to wash between your toes. Correct?

Again thank you for responding.

noraina
04-06-2016, 01:39 PM
She meant by outside being outside her house or a place she couldn't perform wudhu easily.

I usually perform my wudhu at home, it is much easier that way. However using the bottle of water is a good method if you are going to be outside most of the day - whether you do it in the bathroom or out of the building somewhere is a matter of convenience and preference really.

And yes tayyamum is only for when there is no water available.

Wassalam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
04-06-2016, 01:52 PM
If you use khuffain - the leather socks, then you can just make masah over it. Easy.

Otherwise just use a jug of water and wash wherever you can.

noraina
04-06-2016, 02:04 PM
I used to think the leather socks are just for men, but at an Islamic store I noticed they were selling women's leather socks.

So can women wear them as well?

strivingobserver98
04-06-2016, 03:36 PM
:wa:

Get one of these :D.

You can use it for Wudu too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.