/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Aberration?

Search
04-09-2016, 02:44 AM
:bism:

:sl:

So, I just returned yesterday from my trip on a long flight, and it's been exhausting.

I have had an interesting travel experience, overall negative, sometimes from being sick and other times from being emotionally overwrought due to being overwhelmed with the travel and sights. I have also in this instance been feeling listless.

I'm writing because I want some advice. So, you see, I feel disconnected from everything right now - and I am wondering if it is a temporary aberration or something normal? To be honest, ever since returning from the trip, I also feel less spiritual/religious, as if something is missing in my heart. I feel something is off about me, and I can't put my finger on it. So, any duas (supplications) that you can recommend for this? I would imagine any advice would also be helpful or positive feedback on what I can do to help myself return to normalcy. Thank you in advance. Jazkallah khayran (may God reward you).

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-09-2016, 03:01 AM
:wa:

Welcome back and hope you had an enjoyable time at the place you visited :).

Here is a beneficial dua for you to recite:

Dua upon returning from a journey

اللهُ أَكْبَرُ ، اللهُ أَكْبَرُ ، اللهُ أَكْبَرُ ، سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ لَنَا هَذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِينَ ، وَإِنَّا إِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنْقَلِبُونَ ،

اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّا نَسْأَلُكَ فِي سَفَرِنَا هَذَا الْبِرَّ وَالتَّقْوَى ، وَمِنَ الْعَمَلِ مَا تَرْضَى ،

اللَّهُمَّ هَوِّنْ عَلَيْنَا سَفَرَنَا هَذَا وَاطْوِ عَنَّا بُعْدَهُ ، اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ الصَّاحِبُ فِي السَّفَرِ ، وَالْخَلِيفَةُ فِي الأَهْلِ ،

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ وَعْثَاءِ السَّفَرِ ، وَكَآبَةِ الْمَنْظَرِ ، وَسُوءِ الْمُنْقَلَبِ فِي الْمَالِ وَالأَهْلِ

آيِبُونَ تَائِبُونَ عَابِدُونَ لِرَبِّنَا حَامِدُونَ

Translation
Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest. How far from imperfections He is, The One Who has placed this (transport) at our service, and we ourselves would not have been capable of doing so, and to our Lord is our final destination,

O Allah, we ask You for piety (Birr), and fear of You (Taqwa) in this journey of ours, and we ask You for deeds which please You,

O Allah, facilitate our journey and let us cover it’s distance quickly. O Allah, You are The Companion on the journey and The Successor over the family,

O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the difficulties of travel, and from having a change of hearts and being in a bad predicament, and I take refuge with You from an ill fated outcome with wealth and family.

We return, repent, worship and praise our Lord.

Note: Birr and Taqwa are two comprehensive terms which individually, refer to all good actions and obedience i.e. performing the commanded actions and avoiding the prohibited actions.

When combined together, birr refers to doing those actions which have been commanded and taqwa refers to avoiding those actions which have been prohibited.

Transliteration
allaahu akbar, allaahu akbar, allaahu akbar, subḥaan-alladhee sakhkhara lanaa haadhaa wa maa kunnaa lahu muqrineen, wa innaa ilaa rabbinaa la munqaliboon

allaahumma innaa nas’aluka fee safarinaa haadhal-birra wat-taqwaa, wa minal-‛amali maa tarḍaaa,

allaahumma hawwin ‛alaynaa safaranaa haadhaa waṭwi ‛annaa bu‛dahu,

allaahumma antaṣ-ṣaaḥibu fis-safar, wal-khaleefatu fil-ahl,

allaahumma innee a‛oodhu bika min wa‛thaa’-is-safar, wa ka’aabat-il-manẓari, wa soo’-il-munqalabi fil-maali wal-ahl

aayiboona taa’iboona ‛aabidoona li rabbinaa ḥaamidoon

Source: Muslim No# 1342

sister herb
04-09-2016, 07:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
I'm writing because I want some advice. So, you see, I feel disconnected from everything right now - and I am wondering if it is a temporary aberration or something normal?
Wa alaykumussalam

This kind of feeling is just normal dear. I have felt same everytimes when I return to home after some longer trip. Home feels a short time like a new, almost strange place. Same goes also with your other feelings. After afew days everything feels normal and familiar again.

Serinity
04-09-2016, 10:30 AM
I tend to become more conscious of Allah and having taqwa etc. backhome, and when I come back............ I'd imagine me feeling less religious.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!