/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mental health

hassan_hassib
04-09-2016, 07:54 PM
Salam aleikum everyone how are you?
are mental and psychological issues are discussed here in this forum from an islam point of view?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-09-2016, 07:58 PM
:wa:

There are a range of threads dealing with mental and psychological issues. Anything specific?

strivingobserver98
04-09-2016, 07:59 PM
The Prophet :saws: said "No blessing other than faith is better than well-being."

hassan_hassib
04-09-2016, 08:00 PM
social anxiety specifically

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hassan_hassib
04-09-2016, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
The Prophet :saws: said "No blessing other than faith is better than well-being."
yes lately I started to be more committed to islam and it helps a lot but there is a point that is missing in my life due to anxiety so I am quite afraid it gets longer affecting my life more but I have faith in Allah
with Allah everything can be changed :) Alhamdolilah.

strivingobserver98
04-09-2016, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hassan_hassib
social anxiety specifically
What is the root cause for your social anxiety and the thought process behind it? Is it what people will think of you, what they will say etc?

A Dua to help :ia: :).

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Rabb-ishrah li sadri, wa yassir li ‘amri, Wah-lul ‘uqdatam-min-li-saani, Yaf-qahuu qawlii

O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness); Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech, so they may understand what I say
[Surah Ta-Ha; 20:25-28]

A du’a that Musa (alayhis salam) made when proceeding to the court of Fir’awn (Pharoah) for the arguments (inviting him to Islam)

hassan_hassib
04-09-2016, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
What is the root cause for your social anxiety and the thought process behind it? Is it what people will think of you, what they will say etc?

A Dua to help :ia: :).

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Rabb-ishrah li sadri, wa yassir li ‘amri, Wah-lul ‘uqdatam-min-li-saani, Yaf-qahuu qawlii

O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness); Ease my task for me; And remove the impediment from my speech, so they may understand what I say
[Surah Ta-Ha; 20:25-28]

A du’a that Musa (alayhis salam) made when proceeding to the court of Fir’awn (Pharoah) for the arguments (inviting him to Islam)
the root of my anxiety is due to my family and the realtionship between my parents and from childhood I always liked being alone reading books, in other words I am an introvert.
yes I should remind myself of this Dua thank you for reminding me. just this anxiety caused that I avoid women so I dont know how I can get married.

noraina
04-10-2016, 03:16 PM
There is nothing wrong at all with being an introvert and reading books, I am one as well. :), As for marriage, as Muslims we should avoid interactions with the opposite sex anyway. Marriage is one of those things we leave to Allah SWT, I do not know how Moroccan culture is but where I am from arranged marriages are quite common, proposals come through friends, or relatives, or usually your parents. When the time comes inshaAllah you will get married.

As for social anxiety, are you just introverted and shy? When I am in a gathering of lots of people or with someone I am not familiar with I am usually very quiet and reserved. I do not feel any lack of confidence Alhamdulillah although my teachers would always complain I am quiet. Some people are more listeners than speakers, not necessarily suffering from social anxiety.

And that dua above is perfect, a personal favourite ma'sha'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.