/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is life money?

hassan_hassib
04-10-2016, 12:33 AM
Salam aleikum
I am quite sad, I talked to my father about many things tonight including job and marriage. my father is a religious man but he shocked me.
actually I graduated few mounths ago and he told me to apply for jobs in banks I told him that it is usury and it is haram he said it is not you who gives the credit, you just work there
for marriage i told him that the prophet peace be upon him recommanded to get married younger he said you should have financial means to get married so I told him a story of a man in the time of the prophet peace be upon him who was poor ( I forgot his name) who asked him the prophet PBUH : why dont you get married, the poor man said : i dont have money for that. so the prophet pbuh told him to such a family and tell them that the prophet pbuh are telling to marry you their daughter
my father answered me : our time is different than the time of the prophet now.
hearing such things breaks my heart, even my father who taught me islam when I was kid is saying such things, this makes my faith gets lower :'(
I want Allah satisfaction and not society's satisfaction and just following the herd.
May Allah make us strong with islam and help us to seek faith and not this Dunia.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

My son now in highschool last exam. He will go to university, In Shaa Allah, and has chosen the major that he want. He has consulted with me about it, and I gave him advice about which major he should choose. However, he choose the major that many people say that's 'dry' in chance of making money. But I believe he will have ability to fulfill his own need.

Young bro, one worry of father is, his son will not able to fulfill his (the son) own need. That's why, parent usually suggest his son to choose job that seem like can produce good income. Some father and mother, even urge or force their son. Yes, if your father suggest you to work in bank, it's because he want you have a job with good income.

Should you follow your father?. I am sure you don't want to follow what he want. So, what you should do is discuss with your father. Tell him that there are many other jobs that also can give good income. Assure him to trust you that you will be able to get good income although you are not working in bank.

Then about marriage matter. Your father is not wrong when he said you should have financial means to get married. In the time of prophet, maybe a man who had no income could get married. But nowadays?. If you propose marriage while you haven't had a job, or enough income, then the girl's parent would ask you "How will you fulfill my daughter needs?". I know it because I have experienced it when I was young. Your father know it too because he has experience in getting married.

Okay, young bro. Listen to your father in this marriage matter.

:)

M.I.A.
04-10-2016, 05:46 PM
If a farmer grows crops then life is crops.. Money is something else.

*edit"...it's a lot more complicated than internet philosophy maybe you should open your own business.. See who you associate with.

See what money costs.

hassan_hassib
04-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Ardianto you didnt get it.
the point is that the bank gives loans with interest (usury) how can you work and making your income from a haram source
and the point is that my fathet taught me islam, now he is telling me to do the opposite of what he taught.
besides, do we want this life or Allah's satisfaction, what about thr afterlife in all this? wont we judged for our deeds and our choices there.
what hurts me people talk like Allah doesnt exist.....
what about that Quran??? is he poetry and that's it???
I am surprised really.
you may sin that's ok (even it is not ok) but declaring thar sin is ok ao everyone will do it normally!!! that is dangerous.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hassan_hassib
04-10-2016, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
If a farmer grows crops then life is crops.. Money is something else.
exactly M.I.A
just nowadays everyone makes that life is based on money and satisfying needs
there is no mercy between people, helping each other with a big heart and a sincere smile, everything is dry
Capitalism and materialism is killing me
I just can breathe when I pray
May Allah make us love Him and be His servants and his beloved.

ardianto
04-10-2016, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hassan_hassib
Ardianto you didnt get it.
I do not suggest you to work in bank like what your father want, but I suggest you to discuss with your father to make him understand that you don't want to work in bank.

Read again my post in part "What you should do is discuss with your father. Tell him that there are many other jobs that also can give good income. Assure him to trust you that you will be able to get good income although you are not working in bank."

hassan_hassib
04-10-2016, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I do not suggest you to work in bank like what your father want, but I suggest you to discuss with your father to make him understand that you don't want to work in bank.

Read again my post in part "What you should do is discuss with your father. Tell him that there are many other jobs that also can give good income. Assure him to trust you that you will be able to get good income although you are not working in bank."
yes true, I am sorry
May Allah forgive us
just I want to make clear that the point is not that I dont want, the point is Allah doesnt want us to earn haram money.

M.I.A.
04-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Haram money? Most people eat each other alive..

Although I'd get done for back biting.

And they would be happy spending time with the people I cared about.

hassan_hassib
04-10-2016, 07:08 PM
yes you are right M.I.A
May Allah forgive our sins :(

M.I.A.
04-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Not really, if you burn the food you should have to clean the pot...

Sooner or later.

hassan_hassib
04-10-2016, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Not really, if you burn the food you should have to clean the pot...

Sooner or later.
what do you mean??

M.I.A.
04-10-2016, 07:36 PM
..well rather than a weed smokers euphemism.. About staying high..

You either become a good cook or spend the rest of your life washing other people's pots..

Most people prefer to stay heedless.

...Benz outta that Datsun? Unlikely.

Wax on wax off? Unlikely.

Clean the floor long enough and you will mind when it's dirty.

*charisma*
04-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Get a halal job. If your dad doesn't know what's haram in this case, and you do, then do what is right. I also think you should be somewhat financially stable when you get married. I'm not saying that it's something you HAVE TO do, but I highly suggest it because it's difficult to find a wife who doesn't mind marrying a guy who's not financially stable, and if she does, then once life sets in, things change. Not always, but most of the time. Money isn't life, but you have to be able to provide a life for yourself and family. Marriage is sunnah, marrying young is sunnah, but providing for your wife is fardh, paying the mahr your wife requests is fardh, establishing a house for your wife is fardh. Instead of losing some of your iman, make du'a to Allah to ease your affairs. Remember also that rizq is from Allah, so even if you were the richest guy on earth, you can lose it all in the blink of an eye; and if you were the poorest man, Allah can open the doors of opportunity for you. But to make it less stressful in your marriage, it's best to have something to fall on back, or at least to have a job that shows you're putting in the efforts to to provide. Your father may not always be the best person to take Islamic advice from, but he has lived long enough to know what marriage life entails..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.