/* */

PDA

View Full Version : She slept with her snake and then...

MidnightRose
04-11-2016, 09:08 PM
...the vet told her something shocking.

:sl:

I just came across this and thought I'd share it with everyone.

Source: Mufti Asad Waqas Khalil

This is a true story about a woman from India who lived in the Middle Ages and had a pet snake, python, which she loved so much. The snake was 4 meters long and looked healthy. However, one day her unusual pet just stopped eating.

This lack of appetite in the snake continued over a few weeks. The desperate woman tried everything she could and offered anything that a snake would like to strangle and eat. Nothing worked, and finally the woman took her loving pet to the veterinarian as a last resort.

The vet listened to the woman carefully and asked, “Does your snake sleep with you at night, wrap around you closely and spread out throughout its length?”

The woman was surprised and with a lot of hope she said, “Yes! Yes! It does it every day and it makes me so sad because I see something asking of me, and I cannot help it feel better.”

Then, the vet said something shocking and most unexpected. “Madam, your pet is not sick; it is just preparing to eat you.” Yes, the python wasn’t sick but it has been preparing to eat her instead!

“Every time, it is creeping and “hugging” you, wrapping around your body, it is checking size to weigh how a great meal you are and how it must be prepared before the attack. And yes, it does not eat, in order to have enough space to digest you more easily,” the vet said.

This story comes with a moral – Even people close to you, whom you are very affectionate with, can, have mean intentions. You need to identify the snake around you and their true intent. Hugs and kisses are not always honest.

Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
04-11-2016, 09:30 PM
I suppose the question is, how does one identify such people before it is too late? Unfortunately you cannot have your friends examined by a doctor, however tempting it might be. ;)

When I am a friend to someone I try to be as honest and sincere as I can, I regard that friendship as a trust and so it hurts when you realise they are not as sincere as you.

lonewolf007
04-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Wow that's totally disturbing man

MidnightRose
04-11-2016, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lonewolf007
Wow that's totally disturbing man
Yes, ...it is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
04-12-2016, 01:39 AM
That's a... creepy story. Is it this normal amongst snakes? Your own friend was planning and planning everyday to kill you!

noraina
04-12-2016, 09:32 AM
I would actually prefer a snake to some people ;D

This reminds me of the creepy story of the man who made friends with a bear. I was around 7 years old when I read it and it gave me nightmares for months - I still find it creepy. If I find it I'll post it inshaAllah.

Wait - I just noticed. Are they saying this is a true story? :uuh: lol

BilalKid
04-12-2016, 01:15 PM
scary!! :phew

Linkdeutscher
04-12-2016, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I would actually prefer a snake to some people ;D

This reminds me of the creepy story of the man who made friends with a bear. I was around 7 years old when I read it and it gave me nightmares for months - I still find it creepy. If I find it I'll post it inshaAllah.

Wait - I just noticed. Are they saying this is a true story? :uuh: lol
Please post it.

Jazakallah Khayr

noraina
04-13-2016, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher
Please post it.

Jazakallah Khayr
Here it is, brother, I still get the creeps reading it. I think it is written by Rumi.

In the eastern part of Persia there lived at one time a gardener whose one joy in life was his flowers and fruit trees. He had neither wife, nor children, nor friends; nothing except his garden. At length, however, the good man wearied of having no one to talk to. He decided to go out into the world and find a friend. Scarcely was he outside the garden before he came face to face with a bear, who, like the gardener, was looking for a companion. Immediately a great friendship sprang up between these two.

The gardener invited the bear to come into his garden, and fed him on quinces and melons. In return for this kindness, when the gardener lay down to take his afternoon nap, the bear stood by and drove off the flies. One day a man walking past warned him of befriending a dumb creature such as the bear, but the gardener angrily told him to leave him be for the bear was a loyal friend.

One afternoon it happened that several flies alighted on the gardener's face. The bear would wave them away but no sooner had they gone they had come back. This happened several times.The bear now was filled with rage. With no thought beyond that of punishing the fly, he seized a huge stone, and hurled it at the gardener's face, killing not only the fly but the sleeping man.

It is better to have no company than a foolish friend.

Muezzin
04-14-2016, 07:32 AM
Moral of this thread - don't use snakes as blankets, as that is insane. Also, don't befriend bears as they can kill you.

(note: this is a joke)

Eric H
04-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Another little story with a moral, maybe....

Once upon the time there was an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. “Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically.

“Maybe,” the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How wonderful,” the neighbors exclaimed.

“Maybe,” replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune.

“Maybe,” answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

“Maybe,” said the farmer.

Explanation: The farmer is practicing non-judgment. He understands the true nature of life, that you can’t judge any event as an “end” in a way. Our life doesn’t play out like a work of fiction. There aren’t definite breaks that separate one moment versus another, and there isn’t a perfectly formulated end which everything builds to.

There’s always tomorrow. And whether the day was good or bad, there’s a million effects which can arise from one event. Good and bad are interconnected. They are, in fact, two sides of the same coin. If things seem perfect, they aren’t. If it seems like it’s Armageddon in your corner of the world, it’s not. Things can change in an instant, at all times. And they will at some point or another.

This doesn’t mean that we can’t be happy. On the contrary, it means that we need to realize this truth and live in a way that we’re constantly aware of it in order to find peace and happiness. Don’t let this change the way you live too much just yet though. For now just think on it, observe your life through the lens of this infinitely co-arising universe. This act in itself can bring you a great sense of peace.

azc
04-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Scary story.
Thanks for sharing

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.