/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea..

aadiltirmidhi
04-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Salaam alaikum,

I hope whoever is reading is in the best of health and imaan. I'm looking to develop an mobile app specifically for the Muslim community. Any suggestions on what would be very useful and is much needed on a day to day basis specifically for Muslims? For example an app where you can find Islamic shops and mosques .. I would really appreciate any input.

May Allah reward you all,

- Aadil

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadiltirmidhi
04-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Salaam alaikum,

I hope whoever is reading is in the best of health and imaan. I'm looking to develop an mobile app specifically for the Muslim community. Any suggestions on what would be very useful and is much needed on a day to day basis specifically for Muslims? For example an app where you can find Islamic shops and mosques .. I would really appreciate any input.

May Allah reward you all,

- Aadil

BilalKid
04-12-2016, 01:55 AM
dhikr app :shade:

waseemm1975
04-13-2016, 01:53 AM
brother what platform will you developing the app for?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadiltirmidhi
04-13-2016, 11:29 AM
Ios and android insha allah

waseemm1975
04-14-2016, 02:07 AM
MashaAllah brother you have good coding skills. May Allah grant you more knowledge and skill.

Brother I'm working on a project to provide each masjid a personalized app for free. I am almost done with the backend. I created a CMS in wordpress. Take a look wordpress.org/plugins/salah-world-prayer-iqamah-timings-for-your-masjids/

So the plan is to get posts+events+and prayer timings from there and show them in the app with notification.

azc
04-14-2016, 04:15 AM
Wa alaikum assalam

Great idea!

May Allah swt succeed you . Ameen

BeTheChange
04-15-2016, 02:27 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

I personally like apps which allow you to memorise surats from the Quraan and offers an english transalation too.

There's other apps out there which focus on the everyday small duas that we are encouraged to recite. I find these apps very useful too.

Hajj or Umrah guidelines?

I suppose it depends on your target audience. Would it be tailored for adults or kids?

I wish you the best. Hope it goes well for you in sha Allah.

aadiltirmidhi
04-19-2016, 01:34 PM
From a business point of view, What services would be required for the Muslim community? Any suggestions?
Jazakallah khair for the responses so far

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 01:44 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I would personally like an application that would allow me to see spaces where I can pray aside from the masjid. I know when I was in Dubai I enjoyed the fact that I could pray anywhere because these spaces were visible. However I had to ask around because although they were visible in the malls and such, I could not see where they were unless I was in the mall or next to the space.

Similarly if there is an app that allows people to collaborate on adding prayer spaces, washrooms to do wudhu, clothing stores that offer Islamic attire, as well as those that sell halal food whether it is restaurants or shops it makes it easier for a Muslim who might be visiting :)

ramen-thelegend
04-19-2016, 01:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadiltirmidhi
From a business point of view, What services would be required for the Muslim community? Any suggestions?
Jazakallah khair for the responses so far
mmm..i know u dont want suggestions of a stupid dumb talentless 14 year old but i'm taking a chance!
i think you should develop an app that compose daily reminders for the muslim ummah to unite, maybe new works and researches of scholars, or people like that, like a flip board for muslims maybe..
or......an app for reverts, i mean it could have guidelines and keep with flow and...stuff.......
or this one: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ogrammers.html

aadiltirmidhi
04-19-2016, 01:54 PM
Walaikum salaam wahramatulahi wabarakatahu,
thanks ramen.
I think Bhabha made a good suggestion in regards to having a app that allows you to find halal restaurants around the world and places to pray as well as Islamic stores. What does everyone think , would an app showing you halal restaurants be useful? I think especially as sometimes we find ourselves in places we don't know or have never been too before so finding halal food can be a challenge sometimes .
Let me know

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 01:59 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Well there is already an app it's called Muslim Pro. But it is the developers that add places to the directory. I'm referring to a system that is designed to accept submissions into its directory from people who are members and have downloaded the application.

Muslim pro has the halal stores and the masjids. But does not seem to Islamic clothing stores or other venues by Muslims such as perhaps book stores. Etc.

Maybe something that promotes Islamic businesses by building a directory?

aadiltirmidhi
04-19-2016, 02:14 PM
Muslim pro is very good but I don't think it promotes Islamic business and halal restaurants well enough with good illustration. I think an app solely promoting those things would be good?

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 02:21 PM
Muslim pro is very good but I don't think it promotes Islamic business and halal restaurants well enough with good illustration. I think an app solely promoting those things would be good?
Of course it will be good! An application that allows perhaps the business owner or a customer to create a mini page as a sort of side-step from the map that would show where this business is, would be so good! The little page on the application can have information about the things that are sold in the store, the location, business hours and a phone to communicate. :)

aadiltirmidhi
04-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Any suggestions on naming this app? Be creative!

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 02:42 PM
The Muslim connection ?

aadiltirmidhi
04-19-2016, 02:56 PM
Lol, good effort. Maybe a good Arabic name/word or kunya

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Lol, good effort. Maybe a good Arabic name/word or kunya
Not all Muslims are arabic >_>;

The Muslim Connection in different languages :P

*charisma*
04-19-2016, 03:11 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

How about an app where you can check out available islamic events in your area?

aadiltirmidhi
04-19-2016, 03:42 PM
Interesting, I'll bear that in mind. Would appreciate creative names

Serinity
04-19-2016, 04:56 PM
:salam:

What about a reminder app, that reminds you of ayats, hadiths, etc. Dhikr app. Prayer times app. Islamic event app. An app that reminds you to read the Quran. A sunnah revival app. Which reminds you off some fast sunnah acts you can do etc. Which may be heavy on the scale.

aadiltirmidhi
04-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Walaikum salaam, good idea. Any one else? Any good names we can call this app people?

strivingobserver98
04-19-2016, 09:45 PM
Walaikum salaam, good idea. Any one else? Any good names we can call this app people?
Random brainstorm :).

- IslamicFinder
- MuslimFinder
- FindMyMasjid
- SafarSearch
- MusaafirDestinations

aadiltirmidhi
04-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Jazakallah khair Farhan and everyone that has contributed so far . Keep the contributions coming . Insha Allah I'm going to start planning and go ahead with making a app. Would appreciate more input (ideas and suggestions of names) in the meantime ..ill keep you all posted on my progress.
May Allan make things easy

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.