/* */

PDA

View Full Version : DUA persistency

HappyMuslimaa
04-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Can anyone share a hadith or ayat as to whether it is best to be persistent in Dua and ask constantly, or to ask once or even once every now and then for something in Dua? Any response is appreciated.
Jazakallah khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-14-2016, 02:59 PM
:sl:

"And when My servants ask you concerning Me – indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided." [Quran, 2:186]

Muslim [1794] narrated that Ibn Mas’ood (RA) said:
When the Prophet :saws: made dua he would repeat it three times, and when he asked he would ask three times.

Ibn Al-Qayyim (RH) said in Al-Daa’ wa’l-Dawa’ [p.25]:
One of the most beneficial of remedies is persisting in dua.

In Kitaab Al-Zuhd by Imam Ahmad [305] it is narrated from Qataadah:
Mawraq said:
I can find no other likeness for the believer except that of a man who is at sea, clinging onto a piece of wood, and saying, “O Lord, O Lord,” that Allah might save him.

The Prophet :saws: said:
“You will be answered so long as you are not in a hurry and say, ‘I made dua but I did not receive a response.’”
[Narrated by Al-Bukhari, 6340; Muslim, 2735]

HappyMuslimaa
04-14-2016, 04:20 PM
Jazakallah khayr!

Eric H
04-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Greetings and peace be with you HappyMuslimaa;

I think the most powerful dua is to ask for help and guidance to do the will of Allah, always give thanks in the bad times as well as the good times.

Duas are answered in a way that help us find eternal salvation, so if you ask for help to pass your driving test, will you still need to drive in the hereafter?

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!