/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The funeral prayer

ZeeshanParvez
04-13-2016, 02:42 AM
Sorry mods I cannot find a Fiqh section so I posted this here. Feel free to move it.

The scholars have differed in regards to reciting Soorah al-Faatiha in the funeral prayer.

The Shaafi school of thought says it is fard based on the generality of the following hadiith:

There is no prayer for the one who does not recite the Opening of the Book [ i.e. Soorah al-Faatiha] [1]

According to one narration of Ahmad, he also believed it to be waajib. According to another narration from Ahamd, he found it to be recommended and not a waajib and Ibn Taymiyya has adopted this opinion.

The Maaliki and Hanafi Madhabs say that reciting Soorah al-Faatiha is not legislated in prayer because the purpose of the funeral prayer is to make supplication for the dead.

Reference(s):

Reciting Soorah al-Faatiah in the funeral prayer is recommended not waajib

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
04-14-2016, 04:31 AM
http://www.fatwa.org.au/salatul-janaza-method.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.