/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Atheism and its dangers

islamkingdom
04-14-2016, 11:37 AM
Atheism is the denial of the existence of the Creator (mighty and majestic is He), whether this is through a sick pattern of thought and morbid point of view, or just out of aversion, obstinacy and stubbornness. It is a disease that affects the mind, and results in an imbalance of thinking and darkness in the heart that makes an atheist unable to think properly and makes him have a misguided heart. He, therefore, is only able to recognize and see concrete materialism. As a result, he applies the ideas of the materialistic school of thought on humans and their beliefs, which lead to his suffering and going further astray. An atheist believes that Man is a mere piece of material on which materialistic laws is applied.Having Iman in Allah, Who is the only god who deserves to be worshipped, is the quality which is honoured the most, has the highest status and receives the most rewardIman ash-Shafa&"i

All that poses a threat in that it reduces the reality of man to sheer materialism and a harsh rationality that is deprived of the pleasures and joys of the soul. An atheist- as long as he does not believe in the existence of Allah- does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, without being scared of any torment and without having any feelings of reverence towards any god. This leads to corruption and the eventual destruction of the human natural disposition, in addition to him being a disbeliever of Allah (mighty and majestic is He)or having a tendency to divert the acts of worship, which should be directed only to Almighty Allah, to others. We, therefore, find that there is an abundance of suicides in the history of atheists, whether they were intellectuals or poets. History is full of such incidents and studies have highlighted this. In a World Health Organisation (WHO) study carried out by two experts, Dr. Jose Manuel and the researcher Alessandra Fleishman, about the relationship between religion and suicide, it was proven that the majority of people who take their lives are atheists.
Source: islamkingdom

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
04-14-2016, 11:59 AM
They are arrogant and ignorant.

Serinity
04-14-2016, 12:18 PM
Believing in Allah is easy tbh.

But if you don't excerise that ability, you will lose it.

Pygoscelis
04-14-2016, 10:36 PM
Its as easy as believing in Santa or Faeries. It gives pretend answers, feels good, and helps create bonds with others under the same cultural delusion. And no, I'm not going to apologize if you find that offensive. The level of disrespect shown to non-muslims in this section is staggering, and you people need to learn to handle criticism (and a cartoon being drawn) without calling out for blood.

An atheist- as long as he does not believe in the existence of Allah- does whatever he wants, whenever he wants
So does a theist.

, without being scared of any torment and without having any feelings of reverence towards any god.
True. The Atheist is accountable to no God, nor to any other fictional being. Only to himself and other beings that exist, hold him accountable, and draw his empathy. We all have an evolved sense of empathy and fairness, and the Atheist doesn't bury this under obedience to religious dogma. An Atheist also isn't bigoted or tribal because of belief in an imaginary God, and doesn't stand in the way of rational scientific inquiry because of belief in an imaginary God.

This leads to corruption and the eventual destruction of the human natural disposition, in addition to him being a disbeliever of Allah (mighty and majestic is He)or having a tendency to divert the acts of worship, which should be directed only to Almighty Allah, to others.
Indeed. And note the lack of making obedience to power a virtue and the lack of making belief because you want to believe (faith) a virtue. Note how Atheists have to care for and rely on themselves and each other, and have no religious reasons to hate those who don't share their reilgious delusions. Also note how Atheists are freed to think for themselves and form their own ideas and opinions rather than follow what some Imam or hadith or the Quran says. Note the thread about "not having to respect" non-muslims, and how it quickly became a battle over scripture instead of a question of basic human empathy, respect and decency.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Search
04-14-2016, 11:39 PM
:bism:

The part that I don't like in your post is where you say "you people need to learn to handle criticism (and a cartoon being drawn) without calling out for blood." For someone who has always been someone who has spoken out against tribal mentality, Pygoscelis, that's not a good read, because that is lumping all Muslims in one category that obviously from your experience on IB you should know by now is inaccurate and incorrect.

If you remember me from here (since I have been absent on IB due to traveling), you know I don't pull my punches. For better or worse, I speak my mind. I spoke out on the other thread because I felt there was an injustice being done, and other Muslims did too. I have always believed that Islam is the religion of human empathy, respect, and decency, but that doesn't mean Muslims will not turn to authority to understand how to apply that human empathy, respect, and decency.

For example, atheists will even agree that human empathy doesn't extend to believing that criminals should go scot-free for their crimes, but there are great thinkers of the past in the legal, moral, and communication fields that developed those ideas of mercy and justice for criminals so we can understand and apply them to modern society in the way we do today. Therefore, following authority in matters is not undesirable as you're making it out to be as we all have to start somewhere. Supreme Court, for example, when it issues a ruling, always goes back to previous authority and precedents set in the court and other legal history and if relevant scientific data to understand in what way to apply the law that is just for all and best for society. Therefore, a person bringing evidence from Quran, hadith, and scholars is doing a similar, if not exactly the same, thing.

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Its as easy as believing in Santa or Faeries. It gives pretend answers, feels good, and helps create bonds with others under the same cultural delusion. And no, I'm not going to apologize if you find that offensive. The level of disrespect shown to non-muslims in this section is staggering, and you people need to learn to handle criticism (and a cartoon being drawn) without calling out for blood.

So does a theist.

True. The Atheist is accountable to no God, nor to any other fictional being. Only to himself and other beings that exist, hold him accountable, and draw his empathy. We all have an evolved sense of empathy and fairness, and the Atheist doesn't bury this under obedience to religious dogma. An Atheist also isn't bigoted or tribal because of belief in an imaginary God, and doesn't stand in the way of rational scientific inquiry because of belief in an imaginary God.

Indeed. And note the lack of making obedience to power a virtue and the lack of making belief because you want to believe (faith) a virtue. Note how Atheists have to care for and rely on themselves and each other, and have no religious reasons to hate those who don't share their reilgious delusions. Also note how Atheists are freed to think for themselves and form their own ideas and opinions rather than follow what some Imam or hadith or the Quran says. Note the thread about "not having to respect" non-muslims, and how it quickly became a battle over scripture instead of a question of basic human empathy, respect and decency.

Pygoscelis
04-15-2016, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
The part that I don't like in your post is where you say "you people need to learn to handle criticism (and a cartoon being drawn) without calling out for blood." For someone who has always been someone who has spoken out against tribal mentality, Pygoscelis, that's not a good read, because that is lumping all Muslims in one category that obviously from your experience on IB you should know by now is inaccurate and incorrect.
Fair point. And indeed I would like to clarify that by "you people" I do not mean all muslims. I mean those who write what I am responding to here. The seething blanket hatred for anybody non-muslim is staggering in this section. I do recognize that there are Muslims who are quite the opposite, and I am thankful for it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.