/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About the death of Prophet Zakariya (AS)

Anisul_Hoque
04-16-2016, 01:51 AM
My Dear Brothers,
As'Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah!

So I want to know something about the death of Prophet Zakariya (AS)

What I've heard about his death from my grandfather that,
The Bani Israelis were chasing to kill him because their king had orderded them, so when Zakariya (AS) were running, suddenly he came infront of a tree and asked the tree for help, so the tree divided into two pieces and he entered the tree.
But as he entered, some of his garment remained outside and was visible from outside. So when the men of the king came behind him, they started to search him, and as they saw the part of his garment that was visible outside, they realised that Zakariya (AS) was inside the tree. So they cut the tree as well as him in two pieces.

So the moral was that, he seeked help from tree instead of Allah, and it was a trial for him which he couldn't pass.

But then.
I've searched in google, youtube.
And I've seen nothing about his "seeking help to tree".

But, here (in this website) in a thread, I found a comment about this, one brother commented the same story that I mentioned above.

Except that comment, I've seen nothing like "Seeking help to tree" anywhere.

Most of the websites and Youtube videos describe that, Shaitan pulled his garment to remain outside of the tree, and he came in human form to tell those kafirs that Zakaria (AS) is inside the tree.

So Brothers, I want to know the authentic Hadith.
Because if that is false (the story mentioned earlier, one that my grandfather told me).

Then it would be an insult to a prophet. Astaghfirullah! I wouldn't dare to do such thing!!

So Please help me regarding this topic :)

Thank You :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khalid Saifullah
04-17-2016, 08:14 PM
Sayyadina Zakariya as : its no sin or against Tawakkul to take precautions or adopt safety measures to save your life , provided your trust is in Allah .

Allah can shelter us, yet we live in homes , Allah can protect us , yet we take up arms , Allah can feed us , yet we eat food ..... provided we think that these are all the means and depends on the permission of Allah

And Allâh Ta’ala knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.