/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is Allah?

anatolian
04-17-2016, 08:40 AM
Salam Aleykum and peace to all,

I wanted to make this thread taking inspiration from the thread "atheist logic". Muslims and non-Muslims are welcomed as well.

Let's have a look at what Quran say for the issue firstly,

"the Most Gracious is firmly established on the Throne" (20:5)

"Verily your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then He established Himself on the Throne. Regulating and governing all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained). This is Allah your Lord; Him therefore serve ye: will ye not receive admonition?" (10:3)

"Allah is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; then He established Himself on the Throne; He has subjected the sun and the moon! Each one runs (its course) for a term appointed. He doth regulate all affairs, explaining the signs in detail, that ye may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord." (13:2)

Quran says that Allah is on the Throne but,

"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close: I respond to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way" (2:186)

"Say: "If I am astray, I only stray to the loss of my own soul: but if I receive guidance, it is because of the inspiration of my Lord to me: it is He Who hears all things, and is near."" (34:50)

"It was We Who created man, and We know what suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than jugular vein" (50:16)

Quran says the He is also so close to us even nearer than our jugular vein.

So what do you think where Allah is?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuhammadIbrahim
04-17-2016, 09:14 AM
Peace be upon you all! With all respect to the questioner, I think the question is wrong because Allah the Almighty is not a mass; He isn't like anything in the universe. So the idea of place doesn't fit Allah. He has created the place and time. The creations cannot contain the creator.
I believe Allah The Almighty is everywhere.

anatolian
04-17-2016, 09:20 AM
Thank you for your reply MuhammedIbrahim. I have made this thread just to see people's opinions. You say that my queestion is wrong to ask where Allah is but you have made your final comment as He is everywhere... that is also a reply to the question.. :)

Yahya.
04-17-2016, 09:33 AM
He is not everywhere!!! Saying that he is not limited with time and place doesn't mean he is everywhere.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yahya.
04-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Sorry, I didn't read the last phrase of his message, and unfortunately I can't take my like back, and I also cant edit my posts...maybe because I am a limited member?

Yahya.
04-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Allah uses the word Istiwa in these verses, but the word istiwa has many meanings. Salafis inteprete it the way that he is sitting on his throne. But Maturidi and Ash'ari scholars say that he is not limited with time and place, because he created them and he can not resemble his creations...

Yahya.
04-17-2016, 09:43 AM
maybe this video-series can help; www[.]youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsU9Y8L98HWQ5hLleJhXUX-7Q9yVtPUTK

anatolian
04-17-2016, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YahyaIbnSelam
Allah uses the word Istiwa in these verses, but the word istiwa has many meanings. Salafis inteprete it the way that he is sitting on his throne. But Maturidi and Ash'ari scholars say that he is not limited with time and place, because he created them and he can not resemble his creations...
Salam bro. So what do you think of the ayahs where it says Allah is close to us and even closer to us then our jugular veins?

Serinity
04-17-2016, 10:27 AM
saying Allah is everywhere would imply Him, residing in creation! indwelling in creation. Audhu billah. Far above is Allah from that.

Pls, don't make assumptions it is dangerous.

Hamza :)
04-17-2016, 11:23 AM
edited

Yahya.
04-17-2016, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam bro. So what do you think of the ayahs where it says Allah is close to us and even closer to us then our jugular veins?
Aleykum selam, what should I think about that? :) I would look up a tafseer if I had questions about a verse. For example in Safwatu't Tafaseer it says that this verse means that Allah knows our situation better than us, he is very near to us, or the angels who write our deeds are really near to us (not literally) that nothing can be hidden from them, i.e. our deeds are recorded without exception..

ardianto
04-17-2016, 02:52 PM
:sl:

When I was a little kid, older people told me that Allah is above the sky. But they also told me that I can meet Allah in everywhere. Contradictory?. No!. It's because Allah is all-seeing, all-hearing, all-knowing. So the conception that Allah is on His throne and Allah is everywhere is not contradictory. Wherever He is, wherever we are, we can always connect with Allah.

I have realized it since I was a little kid, and I wonder why there are adult people who still don't realize it, and love to waste their time only to debate about where is Allah, and neglect their duty to care to needy people.

That's why I always believe that little kids often wiser than adult people.

MuslimInshallah
04-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I imagine our universe somewhat like a soap bubble. It is filmy and ephemeral. We live in it like two dimensional creatures in the film of the soap bubble. The 2-D people could not perceive anything outside of their 2-D film, even the wall the bubble almost touches as it floats on the breeze... and in such a way, God could be very close without our perceiving Him. He is not the universe-bubble. But He Encompasses it.

(smile) This book could help illustrate what I mean. It is free online: http://www.geom.uiuc.edu/~banchoff/Flatland/

May Allah, the Timeless, Help us to realize our insignificance... and His Love.

anatolian
04-17-2016, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

When I was a little kid, older people told me that Allah is above the sky. But they also told me that I can meet Allah in everywhere. Contradictory?. No!. It's because Allah is all-seeing, all-hearing, all-knowing. So the conception that Allah is on His throne and Allah is everywhere is not contradictory. Wherever He is, wherever we are, we can always connect with Allah.

I have realized it since I was a little kid, and I wonder why there are adult people who still don't realize it, and love to waste their time only to debate about where is Allah, and neglect their duty to care to needy people.

That's why I always believe that little kids often wiser than adult people.
Of course we shouldnt neglect our duties but you too answered the question with your own interpretation. You have just wasted your time :)

Yahya.
04-17-2016, 05:41 PM
Don't base your belief on your own intepretations and thinkings please, for your own good.

Muslim Woman
04-18-2016, 05:40 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by YahyaIbnSelam
Don't base your belief on your own intepretations and thinkings please, for your own good.

I agree . Where is Allah , this is an controversial issue . We must not guess about it . So ,

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.