/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hasan Al Basri on the Sahaba (RA)

Khalid Saifullah
04-17-2016, 10:14 PM
HASAN AL BASRI rahimahullah on the SAHABAH radhiallahu anhum:

•“Dignified in the company of their friends, praising Allah when they were left alone, grateful when ease of means, resigned when in distress, remembering Almighty Allah among the idle and craving the grace of Allah. They were held in high esteem and when they passed away, their spirit took flight to the blessed companionship on high as the most celebrated souls. O Muslims! those were your righteous ancestors, but when you deviated from the right path, Almighty Allah too withheld his blessings from you."

•They posssessed the Most Pious Hearts of this Ummah,
Were the Most Profound in knowledge and the least constraint,
A people whom Allah chose for the companionship of His Prophet ﷺ,
so emulate them, their character and their way,
For by The Lord of the Kaabah,
They are on the straight Path.

•By Allah! I have met seventy veterans of Badr. Most of their garments were wool. Had you seen them you would have said they are crazy, and had they seen the best among you they would have said:
"Those people will have no part in the Hereafter."
Had they seen the worst among you they would have said:
"Those people do not believe in the Day of Reckoning."
I have seen people for whom this world was cheaper than the dust under their feet. I have seen people the like of whom would come home at night, not finding more than his own portion of food, and yet say: "I shall not put all of this into my belly. I shall certainly give some away for Allah's sake." Then he would give away some of his food in charity, even if he were more in need of it than its recipient.

May Allah guide us to be like them Our Guiding Stars. Aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.