/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hoping to be happy? Become healthy

GINGERBEARDMAN
04-18-2016, 11:29 AM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...ecome-healthy/

One thing which seriously needs addressing in our communities, aside from our seemingly inherent inability to arrive in time for anything, is the attention we fail to pay to the second greatest gift bestowed upon us by our Creator, namely, our health. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Ask Allah for forgiveness and health, for after being granted certainty, one is given nothing better than health.”1 Yet statistics show that ethnic minorities, in particular South-east Asian men and women, have shockingly higher rates of angina, heart attacks and strokes than the overall general population. Diabetes is also a big issue, particularly amongst Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian and Black Caribbean people 2.

Our health is an amānah (trust) from our Lord, one which will be questioned about on the Day of Judgement. Yet we fail to appreciate the beauty of this blessing and constantly abuse the rights our bodies have over us. It is vital to remember that good health is not limited to our physical well-being, rather it should be viewed holistically, extending beyond the exoteric to encompass our emotional and spiritual health also...

Full Article linked at the top of the post

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AyserMuhammad
04-18-2016, 11:44 AM
I agree, Masha'Allah.

Eric H
04-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Greetings and peace be with you GINGERBEARDMAN; thanks for sharing,

We are all in need of forgiveness, but the question of health is a tricky one for me, as I am now approach the time in my life when death seems more probable.

A few years ago, I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma, this was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. I prayed for the wisdom, strength, peace and serenity to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.
Cancer can be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for tests, you wait for the results, and you wait for more tests, but the prayer to do God’s will sort of handed the problem to God, and I have never had to worry. At the age of 67, the prayer for healing was too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go, I can imagine most people with cancer would pray for healing, and many still die.
I could not imagine this sense of peace without a faith and trust in God.

Here is a story I copied from this forum some time ago, sadly I forgot to copy who posted it originally

Once Nabi Musa had a very bad stomachache. So he prayed to God. God told him to get the leaves from a certain plant, boil the leaves and drink the brew. He did as he was told. His stomachache was healed. Some time later, he had the same ailment. Again he prayed to God for succor. Again he was told to do the same thing which he did with the same good result. The third time he had the same stomachache, without praying to God, he went ahead to get the leaves, boiled them and drank the brew. To no avail. Then he begged God to tell him why it didn't work as before. God told him that the failure resulted from his belief that it was the leaves, and not God, that healed his stomachache. God and only God alone has the power to make things happen.

In the spirit of praying for the help to do the will of God.

Eric

ardianto
04-18-2016, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately, usually the only time when we realize the happiness of being healthy is when we get sick.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
04-19-2016, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you GINGERBEARDMAN; thanks for sharing,

We are all in need of forgiveness, but the question of health is a tricky one for me, as I am now approach the time in my life when death seems more probable.

A few years ago, I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma, this was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. I prayed for the wisdom, strength, peace and serenity to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.
Cancer can be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for tests, you wait for the results, and you wait for more tests, but the prayer to do God’s will sort of handed the problem to God, and I have never had to worry. At the age of 67, the prayer for healing was too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go, I can imagine most people with cancer would pray for healing, and many still die.
I could not imagine this sense of peace without a faith and trust in God.

Here is a story I copied from this forum some time ago, sadly I forgot to copy who posted it originally

Once Nabi Musa had a very bad stomachache. So he prayed to God. God told him to get the leaves from a certain plant, boil the leaves and drink the brew. He did as he was told. His stomachache was healed. Some time later, he had the same ailment. Again he prayed to God for succor. Again he was told to do the same thing which he did with the same good result. The third time he had the same stomachache, without praying to God, he went ahead to get the leaves, boiled them and drank the brew. To no avail. Then he begged God to tell him why it didn't work as before. God told him that the failure resulted from his belief that it was the leaves, and not God, that healed his stomachache. God and only God alone has the power to make things happen.

In the spirit of praying for the help to do the will of God.

Eric
Interesting. So God's will together with our action. Indeed, things happen only by the Will and help of God.

There is not a thing that can help you, except by the will of God. :)

Just shows that we can't do a thing except by the will and permission of Allah. I could not be able to move a finger, if Allah willed me not to.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.