/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

ReboundMuslimah
04-18-2016, 04:21 PM
So I just found out there's Quran competitions on June 16. For my age group I have to memorize al fath, al hujuraat, and qaaf. Arabic is not my first language so I struggle reading from the Quran. I know how to put the letters together and maybe sound it out but the symbols confuse me so I usually just stick to English transliterations. So far I have only memorized 2 ayahs from surah al fath using English transliteration. Do you think it's possible for me to memorize these surah in such short time?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
04-18-2016, 04:35 PM
It is very possible, but I would suggest that you learn tajweed first (online or from an institute). Tell them you have only two months to memorise these three suwar. If that's not possible, then listen to the Qurraa and see how they pronounce and connect letters.

Having good tajweed makes memorisation 10 times easier. It might even take less than a month to memorise these suwar.

Hope this helps

ReboundMuslimah
04-18-2016, 05:13 PM
Jzk I'm so determined now because I thought it wasn't possible. I'm currently listening to Al husary for tajweed,he is nice and easy to understand.

ReboundMuslimah
04-18-2016, 05:13 PM
How many verses a day should I memorize?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
04-18-2016, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
How many verses a day should I memorize?
As much as you can. No matter how little, just memorise something each day, this way it gets easier.

04-18-2016, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Jzk I'm so determined now because I thought it wasn't possible. I'm currently listening to Al husary for tajweed,he is nice and easy to understand.
That's good, keep it up :)

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 01:11 PM
Practice and constant repetition! Repeat, repeat and repeat, record yourself each time to see how you are doing. :D It is for sure possible :)

noraina
04-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

You have been given great advice, sis, just carry on perfecting your tajweed and constantly recapping on all of the verses you have memorised.

I also listen to al-Husary for tajweed, although I find the sound of Saad al-Ghamdi quite easy to copy as well, he is quite steady. :)

May Allah SWT make it easy for you.

Bhabha
04-21-2016, 04:14 AM
How is your progress coming !?

ReboundMuslimah
04-21-2016, 09:32 AM
I have only memorized 6 ayahs from the first surah. It's not as easy as I thought but I think I can do it. Keep me in your duas everyone!

ReboundMuslimah
05-22-2016, 11:03 PM
I don't think I have enough time to memorize all of Qaf...idk maybe I should just drop out of the competition because I'm starting to forget some of what I have memorized + my tajweed sucks!

~ Sabr ~
05-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Sabr and Tawakkul :ia:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!