/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Let not this post pass by your eyes without you implementing what it says!

Khalid Saifullah
04-18-2016, 08:50 PM
How Being Chronically Late for Salah Affects Your Productivity & What to Do About It

“Allahu Akbar… Allahu Akbar…”

I hear the adhan through the windows of my office, and I see the pop up on my computer, “It’s time for dhuhr prayer.”

Few minutes earlier, I just started getting into the flow of my work and I don’t want the momentum to be lost. So I tell myself, “I still got 20 minutes until iqama time. Let me wrap this up and I will make it in time, in sha Allah.”

25 minutes later, I know salah started and I am frantically trying to send that last e-mail before rushing off to make a quick wudhu and join the prayers. I am late, again!

And this was not only for zuhr prayer, but for all 5 daily prayers: late for fajr because I woke up late, late for zuhr and ‘asr because of work, late for maghreb because of rush hour, late for ‘isha because of dinner!

And each time I was late, I felt bad, and told myself, “This is the last time I will ever be late!” And guess what? For the next salah, I was late again. In fact, I was the brother who seemed to have a permanent position in the last rows of every musalla/masjid I entered.

Initially, I was taking this lateness lightly. In fact, I fell into the classic trap of shaytaan and said to myself: “Alhamdulillah, brother, at least, you pray, and in the masjid as well! Masha Allah, how many brothers are out there who do not pray in the masjid, or pray at all!” But slowly I realised, this lateness was making an impact on my spirituality and character, and affecting my overall productivity.

Why being chronically late for salah is bad for you?

When you are always late for salah, it says a lot about you and your character. It shows that you lack discipline, internal strength, and integrity to be where you are supposed to be ‘on time’ for your most important appointments of the day, and you are not dependable.

No one likes to say about themselves that they are not dependable or lack discipline, but actions speak louder than words, and being late for salah is the first warning that you are on a slippery slope towards being chronically late in everything else in your life.

قالُ الحَسنُ البَصري:
إذَا هَانَت عَليكَ صَلاتك فَمَا الذي يَعـزُ عَليـكْ ؟!!
.بقدر ماتتعدل صلاتك تتعدل حياتك
ألم تعلم أن الصلاة اقترنت بالفــلاح …
“حي على الصــــــــلاة حي على الفـــلاح”،
، فكيف تطلب من الله التوفيق وأنت لحقه غير مجيب

Al-Hasan Al-Basri raḍyAllāhu 'anhu (may Allāh be pleased with him) said:
“When salah is the least of your concerns, then what is your most important concern? As much as you fix your salah, your life will be fixed. Did you not know that salah was equated with Success: ‘Come to Prayer, Come to Success.’ How can you ask Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He) for success when you are not responding to His right upon you?”

If you are wondering why there is a delay in your sustenance, in your marriage, in your work, in your health, look into your salah: are you delaying it?

http://productivemuslim.com/chronically-late-for-salah/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
04-18-2016, 09:33 PM
This is so true subhanAllah. If you haven't got your priorities straight, then you end up procrastinating and giving those tasks which are less important priority over those which may be more difficult, but are what we should really be focusing on.

strivingobserver98
04-18-2016, 09:35 PM
:sl:

Also a beneficial read: http://www.islamicboard.com/prayer/1...ng-prayer.html

Serinity
04-18-2016, 09:38 PM
:salam:

I hastened to prayer after reading this. Alhamdulillah. I should be more catious!

I hastened to do wudhu, but I always feel slow in getting to start the prayer. Weird.

May Allah make us steadfast. Ameen. JazakAllah khayr.

I feel this is just what I needed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bhabha
04-18-2016, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan Fan 2
:salam:

I hastened to prayer after reading this. Alhamdulillah. I should be more catious!

I hastened to do wudhu, but I always feel slow in getting to start the prayer. Weird.

May Allah make us steadfast. Ameen. JazakAllah khayr.

I feel this is just what I needed.
The best way to be prepared for prayer is to always do Wudu after using the rest room. :statisfie That way, you are set to go!
Also having a comfortable place to pray too >.<
@farhan Am I allowed to link outside links to suggest a prayer mat that is good for the back and the knees?

strivingobserver98
04-18-2016, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
@farhan Am I allowed to link outside links to suggest a prayer mat that is good for the back and the knees?
Sure that's fine.

Bhabha
04-18-2016, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Sure that's fine.
YAY Thanks

Ok, so this prayer mat (Timez5) a most amazing dear friend of mine got it for me last year ^__^ The best gift, honestly.

https://www.timez5.com/

It is a thick prayer mat that feels so good on your feet, your knees and honestly >_> is the best gift you can give to someone. If you have ceramic or wood floors and are praying on a normal soft carpet, the pain on the knees will be felt afterwards.

On that note, if you are looking to gift your mom, your dad, your sister, your spouse >_< this is the best gift!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.