/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Father of Hamza Yusuf "David Hanson" has passed away

strivingobserver98
04-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

SubhanAllah may Allah grant him Jannatul firdaus and grant Shiekh Hamza Yusuf and his family patience. Ameen.

My father, David Hanson, passed away at 8:00 p.m. on the 16th of April, 2016 at the age of 89. He left the world in a good state. He was born into great wealth and advantage, and was afforded an excellent education. At the age of 17, he volunteered to join the Air Force at the height of World War II and served for four years.

He was a good father, and the single most well-read person in the Western canon I have ever met. The Huntington Library gave him a small cubicle, where he carried on his work on Elizabethan manuscripts. My last conversations with him were about the Liberal Arts, of which he was a life-long student. He lived with me on and off for the last few years and remained independent until the last few weeks of his life.

During his stay with us, he always joined in prayer with my family. A few weeks ago, he said the shahadah with his physician, Dr. Asad Tarsin, and requested that he be buried as a Muslim. I washed his body with my son and two close friends yesterday. We will bury him this morning. I want to thank everyone who has extended condolences to me and my family. I would ask simply for a prayer for his salvation.

Thank you. Hamza Yusuf Hanson.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
04-18-2016, 09:28 PM
Ameen

noraina
04-18-2016, 09:30 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon.

Ameen. May Allah shower His mercy upon him, grant him the highest place in Jannah and give his family sabr in this difficult time.

strivingobserver98
04-18-2016, 09:33 PM
A tribute, written by Elizabeth Hanson, Hamza Yusuf's sister.

http://www.elizabethyhanson.com/blog...ing-in-america

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
04-18-2016, 09:46 PM
:salam:

Idk much about Hamza Yusuf.

I assume his father is Muslim, therefore may Allah grant him Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen. And May Allah make this a source of immense guidance for Hamza Yusuf, people around him and us all. Ameen.

04-18-2016, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan Fan 2
:salam:

Idk much about Hamza Yusuf.

I assume his father is Muslim, therefore may Allah grant him Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen. And May Allah make this a source of immense guidance for Hamza Yusuf, people around him and us all. Ameen.
He accepted Islam a few weeks back alhamdulillah

lonewolf007
04-18-2016, 09:49 PM
Inna lillahi wa ina ilayhi raji'oon

may Allah grant him jannah al firdous Ameen

Serinity
04-18-2016, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
He accepted Islam a few weeks back alhamdulillah
Alhamdulillah, Allahu akbar!

Wonderful how Allah guides people! :D May Allah continously shower the Ummah with guidance, and rid us from sins etc.

04-18-2016, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan Fan 2
Alhamdulillah, Allahu akbar!

Wonderful how Allah guides people! :D May Allah continously shower the Ummah with guidance, and rid us from sins etc.
True, Ameen

Zafran
04-18-2016, 11:17 PM
salaam

Inna lillahi wa ina ilayhi raji'oon

peace

ardianto
04-19-2016, 12:15 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'oon. And ameen for all dua.

budi.sudaryo
04-19-2016, 12:50 AM
Allahu akbar, he must had been praying for guidance for his father for 30 years. What a gift!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.