/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Artistic dilemma

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 06:22 AM
Salam!!!!

Ok so I have a little question. My mother and I do collaborative work on oil paintings, I do the design and since she is great at doing the mixing and blending, she has taken that part. I also cannot deal with having paint all over me and going on my papers >_<

The question and concern is that I want to do Islamic based art, right now we are just doing abstract and developing a new style of art. But I want to do some verses from the Quran on the work so that some of it can be for Muslims. Since we are to touch the Quran when we have done wudu, does that also mean we have to be in a constant state of wudu for putting verses of the Quran in art work? Would that mean my mother, who is not a Muslim be unable to paint the design if it has verses from the Quran?

Help would be greatly appreciated ^____^

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
04-19-2016, 10:08 AM
Wassalam.

Interesting job, painting!

I think if she has wudhu and ghusl then she can touch it, but just let a scholar clarify it. And yes you need to touch the Qur'anic verses with wudhu at all times.

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Wassalam.

Interesting job, painting!

I think if she has wudhu and ghusl then she can touch it, but just let a scholar clarify it. And yes you need to touch the Qur'anic verses with wudhu at all times.
جز اكِ اللهُ خيراً

The unfortunate thing is my mom wouldn't care to do either or. [emoji24][emoji28]

Hmm. If she is painting with a brush. The brush doesn't need to do the wudhu or ghsul though, just like we can read the Quran with a paper towel or something to cover us from it when we are in our menses.

But I'll let a scholar before I draw a verse [emoji5]

*charisma*
04-19-2016, 12:45 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

That's an interesting question. I don't know the answer to this, and inshallah someone else will be able to answer. However, out of assumption and logic, I think that it should be ok because you're not necessarily touching the Quran, the brush is between you and the artwork so there's a barrier between you and the words. But it would be interesting to see what the real answer is lool inshallah someone will help.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalid Saifullah
04-19-2016, 09:11 PM
Wa alaikumus salaam

It is highly sacrilegious for a non - Muslim to handle or write the verses if the Quran , esp for aesthetic purposes .

The Quran is meant to be recited and practiced , not displayed on frames . Rather switch the roles and let the Muslim partner paint the words .

And Allâh Ta’ala knows best

Bhabha
04-19-2016, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
Wa alaikumus salaam

It is highly sacrilegious for a non - Muslim to handle or write the verses if the Quran , esp for aesthetic purposes .

The Quran is meant to be recited and practiced , not displayed on frames . Rather switch the roles and let the Muslim partner paint the words .

And Allâh Ta’ala knows best
جز اكَ اللهُ خير اً

I will just refrain from handling Quranic verses as a whole to avoid committing wrong.

[emoji28]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.