/* */

PDA

View Full Version : App Development

*charisma*
04-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I just had a really great idea for an app..how do I start?? Who do I contact? Anddd how much is it going to cost me?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-19-2016, 02:08 PM
:wa:

What will be the basic function of the app?

*charisma*
04-19-2016, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
:wa:

What will be the basic function of the app?
I want people to be able to sell on it and to have reviews.

strivingobserver98
04-19-2016, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
I want people to be able to sell on it and to have reviews.
How do I start? - Firstly gather all your ideas together, have a rough idea in your mind of how you want the app to look like, interface, functions etc.

Who do I contact? - I have plenty of app developers I can put you through to :ia:.

How much is it going to cost me? - Roughly around the 4 figures. Apps are not cheap :hiding:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
04-19-2016, 03:16 PM
How do I start? - Firstly gather all your ideas together, have a rough idea in your mind of how you want the app to look like, interface, functions etc.

Who do I contact? - I have plenty of app developers I can put you through to :ia:.

How much is it going to cost me? - Roughly around the 4 figures. Apps are not cheap :hiding:.
I was hoping for cheap labor looool :(

I already know how I want it to be like but I just don't know if it can be done :D

strivingobserver98
04-19-2016, 03:18 PM
I was hoping for cheap labor looool
Outsourcing to India is an option, won't be as good quality though :D.

I already know how I want it to be like but I just don't know if it can be done
Nearly everything can be done alhamdulilah. Plugins and lines of code for just about anything and everything these days.

*charisma*
04-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Outsourcing to India is an option, won't be as good quality though :D.

Nearly everything can be done alhamdulilah. Plugins and lines of code for just about everything these days.
I aint gonna lie, wallah I was thinking India but I don't wanna get scammed ;D

Maybe I should learn to do it myself..

strivingobserver98
04-19-2016, 03:22 PM
Maybe I should learn to do it myself..
It would be like learning a new language :O.

I aint gonna lie, wallah I was thinking India but I don't wanna get scammed
Yeah if interested, I can try and find you someone who is low cost too :). And we can go on from there.

*charisma*
04-19-2016, 03:26 PM
It would be like learning a new language :O.

Yeah if interested, I can try and find you someone who is low cost too :). And we can go on from there.

Have you heard about Android Studio?? I'm sure there's tutorials online..either that or I'll break down and end up crying while working on it lol

strivingobserver98
04-19-2016, 03:27 PM
Have you heard about Android Studio?? I'm sure there's tutorials online..either that or I'll break down and end up crying while working on it lol
Heard of it. Does that allow you to make apps for Apple store too?

Best to have both in Apple app store and Google play store :).

Outsource when you can, someone else can do the crying for you :D.

*charisma*
04-19-2016, 03:30 PM
I agree..I don't know if it does both, but if I can figure out android maybe I can figure out Apple..on the other hand..maybe it's not worth all that trouble lol :facepalm::facepalm: life.

strivingobserver98
04-19-2016, 03:32 PM
maybe it's not worth all that trouble lol life.
“Follow your dreams. I am not saying it’s going to be easy, but I am saying it’s going to be worth it. – Moffat Machingura” ;)

I agree..I don't know if it does both, but if I can figure out android maybe I can figure out Apple
:ia: take some time to think about it.

*charisma*
04-19-2016, 03:34 PM
inshallah khair :D

waseemm1975
04-20-2016, 02:10 AM
Salam mu alikum
I have a little experience with all this cool stuff.
1) Does your idea require backend? Like a database of some sort or anything else. (Most good ideas do :P )
2) Is your idea to help people or for the money?
3) If its money then you would have to consider marketing as coding is 40% and marketing is 60%.
4) But it would cost a minimum of 1k.
5) Coding it yourself using native language...Java and Swift would be time consuming but it would be that way you like and you can update it in feature without hassle.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.