/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sincere cry for help

Jasonsk
04-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Aslamo Alajkom

I'm typing this post in hope to get some real help becouse I'm really standing on the cliff ready to jump. I know well enough that if I do jump then it will be then end for me.

I'm not trying to sound overdramatic here, but Im really lost, I have lost All my Iman and I cannot see any hope no matter how hard I try.

For years I have been suffering of Depression and Anxiety due to past regret.

I hate to admit it but Satan has won and I feel abandoned by Allah. Im always in pain (not physical) and always angry. Feel like crying but my eyes have dried up.

My family does not understand my pain and nor do they care to, I feel that I can only complain to Allah and I'm almost sure that my voice is not reaching.

I want my Iman back, I want to feel that Allah got my back, I want to make a request of Allah to help me with my problem and I want Allah to accept my dua.

If things go on like this then I will lose myself completly for sure

I have been feeling like this for years and I truly have no more "Saaber"

This is my cry for help and I ask my brothers and sisters to gain "Saouab" and help me in my quest.

Tell me how to :

1. Re-gain my Iman
  2. Come closer to Allah
  3. Detailed step-by-step on how I can make my dua's granted

I'm willing to go to any length if I can feel any hope but as it stands now I dont even know how to start.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ConcealedGem
04-19-2016, 09:12 PM
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله

سبحان الله may Allah ease all your pain and make you a strong mu'min...

all I can say is read the Quran for that heals broken relationships, broken hearts, lost souls... Open it, read it, reconnect with your rabb... Memorise Quran if you aren't doing that already... Engage in a lot of ibadah like dhikhr, salah + extras, perform good deeds...

Self reflection is very important so do that often in sha Allah, just try to be the best slave for Allah azzawajal which I'm sure you already are, then you shall see things fall into their place.

aamuslim
04-19-2016, 10:58 PM
Wa 'alaikom asallam,

I just came across the following a few minutes ago, please read this: From Weakness to Strength via Sabr - blog.islamiconlineuniversity.com/from-weakness-to-strength-via-sabr/

BeTheChange
04-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Walaikumasalaam brother,

I am sorry to read you are in great distress and pain.

May Allah swt remove this burden from you Ameen and know that no soul is burdened with more than he/she can bear. Whatever you are going through Alhamdulilah you are strong enough to get through this difficult time and once it is over you will see the colourful rainbow insha Allah.

Life wouldn't be life if it was without challenges, pain or sadness. Our character grows depending on our reactions to difficult situations.

You've specifically requested for advice for the below challenges. Insha Allah i shall try my best.

1. Re-gain my Iman
  2. Come closer to Allah

1 - Re-gain my iman

Alhamdulilah for this question because it illustrates you still have emaan inside your heart and despite your troubled mental state you are still concerned about your hereafter.

I think it's always good to listen to our scholars because they have an abundance of knowledge and tips. Please visit https://islamqa.info/en/22877 (Suffering from weak faith) or https://islamqa.info/en/14041 (I want to strengthen my faith) and finally https://islamqa.info/en/20059 (causes of weakness of faith).

You can use the search box for any other related information insha Allah.

2 - Come closer to Allah

Again, if you are looking for advice from a scholar you can use the above link. Insha Allah.

As human beings if we want to strengthen our relationship with another human being we give them a lot of our time, energy, strength, make sacrifices so the relationship grows strong and so on. Am not comparing human relationships with Allah swt but it is a very similar idea. We need to make time for Allah swt (really we're making time for ourselves as we are in need, not Allah swt), we need to make big and small changes in our lives and quit the sins.

Once you start doing this insha Allah you will notice you have inner peace & tranquillity in your life. Depending on the state of your emaan and how many sins you have committed and the duration of sins will all dictate how long you need to 'clean' yourself from the sins. Our hearts need to be purified from these sins and once we have won the battle with our inner desires we have reached that one step closer to Allah swt and the relationship grows Alhamdulilah.

3 - Detailed step-by-step on how I can make my dua's granted

A lot of people have commented in the advice section i have prayed and prayed and Allah swt is not listening to me. Why shall i continue? Why are my prayers not answered and so on and so forth.

The most important factor in determining whether Allah swt answers or not lies in our expectations from HIM. Allah swt knows best. Allah swt states;

"I am as my servant thinks of me" Sorry i don't have the direct quotation or reference details. Assume the best from Allah swt and insha Allah you will get the best and if you receive something that you don't like then show gratitude and sabar. These are very important attributes in Islam. Maybe the thing that you desire will lead you to hell-fire in the next life so Allah swt is holding back on this particular wish of yours? Maybe Allah swt is saving a reward for you in the next life?

There's many wisdom and knowledge why duas may not be answered. If you wish to read more please visit https://islamqa.info/en/5113

Lastly but also a very important point. Take up any sport or exercise even if you don't initially enjoy sports just do it for you and insha Allah you will feel so much better.

I would have typed more but it's getting very late now.

May Allah swt protect you from harm and allow you to grow to the best of your ability Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crimsontide06
04-19-2016, 11:42 PM
2 lectures I believe will help you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyszaM8sPjU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhYeLGA4ag0

ardianto
04-20-2016, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jasonsk
Tell me how to :

1. Re-gain my Iman
2. Come closer to Allah
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In one thread I said that Allah gave what I requested in my dua. That's true. But there was something that I didn't mention. When I make dua I never have attitude which I want Allah answer my dua with the way that I want. But I always willing to accept whatever Allah will give as the answer of my dua.

Sincerity, this is what we must have in our relationship with Allah.

Khalid Saifullah
04-20-2016, 11:16 AM
Wa alaikumus salaam

You are in a deep state of depression, self pity and stuk within the deception of shaitaan. To feel that Allah has abandoned you and to lose hope in His mercy is akin to kufr and to think that shaitaan has the power to over power you is also akin to kufr. So stop inducing yourself into a coma and correct your thoughts.

Recite at least one Juz of the Quran with reflection for a start and always be in a state of wudhu and surrounded by pure people. Stop seeing the filthy devil box (tv) and don't let a second pass by without being in the remembrance of Allaah.

And Allâh Ta’ala knows best

Serinity
04-20-2016, 11:33 AM
I am also seeking to regain my strength of Imaan, for it to become stronger.

KNOW however, whatever you go through, know that you can succeed. Allah would never overburden you. so do not give up. The problem is us, whenever a bad thing happens we tend to blame others.. But actually, we are the problem.. Perhaps we have bad friends? etc.

Always look inside yourself, never point fingers.. Fix yourself. :)

Bhabha
04-20-2016, 09:06 PM
وعليكم السلام

Do you like animals? Gardening? Nature?

I have animals and I know when I garden I feel more grateful for what اللهُ has given me. When you care for an animal you provide the animal with love and kindness and the animal gives you many chances for you to obtain rewards as well as lightens your burden. Gardening is also a good way to remove some stress and you gain a lot of rewards if people and little animals eat from what you planted.

Smoke
04-20-2016, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jasonsk
Aslamo Alajkom

I'm typing this post in hope to get some real help becouse I'm really standing on the cliff ready to jump. I know well enough that if I do jump then it will be then end for me.

I'm not trying to sound overdramatic here, but Im really lost, I have lost All my Iman and I cannot see any hope no matter how hard I try.

For years I have been suffering of Depression and Anxiety due to past regret.

I hate to admit it but Satan has won and I feel abandoned by Allah. Im always in pain (not physical) and always angry. Feel like crying but my eyes have dried up.

My family does not understand my pain and nor do they care to, I feel that I can only complain to Allah and I'm almost sure that my voice is not reaching.

I want my Iman back, I want to feel that Allah got my back, I want to make a request of Allah to help me with my problem and I want Allah to accept my dua.

If things go on like this then I will lose myself completly for sure

I have been feeling like this for years and I truly have no more "Saaber"

This is my cry for help and I ask my brothers and sisters to gain "Saouab" and help me in my quest.

Tell me how to :

1. Re-gain my Iman
  2. Come closer to Allah

I'm willing to go to any length if I can feel any hope but as it stands now I dont even know how to start.
Walaikum asalaam

I just read your post and it really touched my heart.

Satan has never won unless you let him. He will continue to come at u in every direction to weaken you and make u feel helpless but as long as u have breath inside you, you have everything to change your situation.

As for your past regret, all your bad deeds can be changed into good deeds through repentance. This is the mercy of our Lord! He is so great that He has created many channels and ways for us to return to Him if we choose to. As long as you have life you have every moment to turn back to Him and this is something you should thank Him deeply for. He could have taken your life away deep in the regret or before you had repented. Out of His mercy He allowed you to stay alive and inshaAllah use your regret as a spurring motivation for everything else in your life.

This is not the time for you to be sad, this is the time for you to be grateful. Grateful to him that it is a PAST regret and He brought you out of it and that there is something left inside you that makes you want to increase your emaan.

Your voice always reaches Him. But remember that it is even out of His Mercy that He allows u to feel pain and feel regret so much so that the thing becomes so hated to you. Imagine if He had left u in a 'happy' state. You would never want to turn to Him as desperately as you do now

I can read the pain in your words. But I feel like this is the beginning of the uphill climb inshaAllah

once upon a time I felt very similar to you - lost and broken

but I would literally mention Allah swt in all my moments just repeat astaghfirullah or subhanAllah or make dhikr of Allah and repeat the dua of yunus as which will relieve u from any distress.

Dua of Yunus (A.S) repenting to Allah in the belly of the whale:

لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ (21:87)
la ilaha illa anta subhanaka innee kuntu mina alththalimeena
“La ilaha illa Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah)], Glorified (and Exalted) are You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."

Imagine under all those darknesses Yunus as cried out to His Lord and Allah swt brought Him out of it. I cried for almost a year every day and I would stay at work to empty those tears so no one would know what I felt inside. But Allah swt made a way for me and He healed me.

So I have full faith He will heal you too because He says:

I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me.
If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself;
and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it.
If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length.
And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” -(Sahih Bukhari)

Make Allah swt central to everything in your life and ask Him if you are doing anything He is displeased with to show you

but I agree our attachments to the Quran should be the strongest cos even in the dua for relieving anxiety this is mentioned:

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said:
“There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says:

اللّهُمَّ إِنِّي عَبْدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أَوْ أَنْزَلْتَهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِكَ أَوِ اسْتَأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْبِ عِنْدَكَ أَنْ تَجْعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيعَ قَلْبِي، وَنورَ صَدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّي

‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatika naasyati bi yadika, maadhin fiyya hukmuka,
‘adlun fiyya qadhaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu
fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilmil-ghaybi ‘indaka
an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’a qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa thihaab hammi
[O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave; my forelock is
in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just.
I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed
in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge
of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast,
and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety],’ but Allaah will take away his distress
and grief, and replace it with joy.” 27

He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it
should learn it.”

and remember

we know its in the remembrance of Allah that hearts find rest so make your heart full of Him because the only relationship we have with Him is through obedience of Him.

Jasonsk
04-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Brothers and Sisters

I thank you for your heartwarming replays

Can I just ask for one favour - Please give me All the Dua's that I can Use to ask Allah for the thing that I need. Preferably in Arabic

I feel that dua is the only thing that I can make in my current state and I'm desperate for the mercy of Allah.

If any prayers are included with the dua's then give me that as well.

Jazakom Allah 7'jier

anatolian
04-24-2016, 06:55 PM
Salam bro. If your depression and anxiety is serious I encourage you to go a Doctor at first. Secondly take dhikr...As Quran says the hearts find happiness only through remembrance of Allah.

Jasonsk
04-24-2016, 07:01 PM
This have been ongoing for years doctors did not help.

This is why I feel dua is my only hope - So please send me All the dua's that u can find please.

anatolian
04-24-2016, 07:20 PM
The best dua is Surah Al Fatiha

1. In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
2. All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.
3. The Beneficent, the Merciful.
4. Master of the Day of Judgment.
5. Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech for help.
6. Keep us on the right path.
7. The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

Ameen..

~ Sabr ~
04-26-2016, 08:46 AM
:salamext:

Recitation of Darood Shareef

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.