/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it allowed to do i'tikaf in a hotel in haram area?

budi.sudaryo
04-20-2016, 09:57 AM
:sl:

I'm thinking of doing i'tikaf this Ramadan, if Allah wills. I came across this fatwa that says staying in a hotel in the haram area is considered i'tikaf. Can anyone confirm this? Not that I want to do i'tikaf in a hotel, but every umrah package includes a hotel room. You can search the vid on Youtube: Q/A:How to do itikaf in haram?Haram main aitakaf kaisay karain?

Jazakallah khair
:jazk:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZeeshanParvez
04-20-2016, 10:09 AM
For starters give this a read

https://islamqa.info/en/130984

ZeeshanParvez
04-20-2016, 10:13 AM
Second when discussing the courtyard of a mosque al-Shaafi said:

يصح الاعتكاف في رحاب المسجد لأنها من المسجد

al-i'itikaaf is permissible in the courtyard of a mosque because it is a part of the mosque.

al-i'tikaaf for men is done in the mosque or that which is a part of a mosque.

Scholars agree that one has to preform al-i'tikaaf in the mosque based on the following Verse

It is made lawful for you to have sexual relations with your wives on the night of As-Saum (the fasts). They are Libas [i.e. body cover, or screen, or Sakan, (i.e. you enjoy the pleasure of living with her - as in Verse 7:189) Tafsir At-Tabari], for you and you are the same for them. Allah knows that you used to deceive yourselves, so He turned to you (accepted your repentance) and forgave you. So now have sexual relations with them and seek that which Allah has ordained for you (offspring), and eat and drink until the white thread (light) of dawn appears to you distinct from the black thread (darkness of night), then complete your Saum (fast) till the nightfall. And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) while you are in I'tikaf in the mosques. These are the limits (set) by Allah, so approach them not. Thus does Allah make clear His Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, revelations, verses, laws, legal and illegal things, Allah's set limits, orders, etc.) to mankind that they may become Al-Muttaqun

[Qur'aan 2:187]

Would you consider the hotel in haram a part of the mosque?

What reasoning did he present and which school of thought did he belong to?

budi.sudaryo
04-20-2016, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
Second when discussing the courtyard of a mosque al-Shaafi said:

يصح الاعتكاف في رحاب المسجد لأنها من المسجد

al-i'itikaaf is permissible in the courtyard of a mosque because it is a part of the mosque.

al-i'tikaaf for men is done in the mosque or that which is a part of a mosque.
I see, so to conclude, there's no hotel within the haram area that can be used for i'tikaf?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ZeeshanParvez
04-20-2016, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by budi.sudaryo
I see, so to conclude, there's no hotel within the haram area that can be used for i'tikaf?
If you could link his video I would like see his reasoning.....

ZeeshanParvez
04-20-2016, 10:25 AM
There was also a discussion here when one user claimed
OK, so spoke with my Sheikh. He said that there are a very few hotels which are within the Masjid Al-Haram, such that doing Itikaf in the masjid of one of those hotels is the same as doing Itikaf in the Haram. Of course, he advised me to do my Itikaf in the Haram itself, which has always been my intention.

Seperately, I was speaking with my Mom, and she said that her sister who lives in Jeddah had told her that people who want to do Itikaf in the Haram have to register for it and arrangements will be made for them (mattress, allocated space, chair, etc). Does anyone know how to go about registering? I will be arriving in Makkah, InshaAllah, the night before Itikaf will begin so I doubt that I will be allowed to register for the Itikaf so late.

budi.sudaryo
04-20-2016, 10:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZeeshanParvez
If you could link his video I would like see his reasoning.....
here's the youtube id bQM9JMpXnQM
i can't post url yet bro

ZeeshanParvez
04-20-2016, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by budi.sudaryo
:sl:

I'm thinking of doing i'tikaf this Ramadan, if Allah wills. I came across this fatwa that says staying in a hotel in the haram area is considered i'tikaf. Can anyone confirm this? Not that I want to do i'tikaf in a hotel, but every umrah package includes a hotel room. You can search the vid on Youtube: Q/A:How to do itikaf in haram?Haram main aitakaf kaisay karain?

Jazakallah khair
:jazk:
Searched for what you said. What the person was saying was incorrect.

Here is a detailed answer in Arabic to the logic [which wasn't present in the Urdu video but nevertheless the logic some may use] and the answer that no it is not allowed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.