/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is paper and coin money haram?

BilalKid
04-20-2016, 07:03 PM
he say this.. ^o)

which money best??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
04-20-2016, 07:29 PM
0_o

...stumped.

I'd sit there and do nothing for fear of "opening the door"

All dates are not created equally?

Veeeery strange.

...unfortunately I have sat there with both inferior and superior dates at some times in my life.

Two separate transactions would negate any door openings.. Which is fair..

Although shopkeeper will look at you funny.

Veeeery strange..

Allah swt makes of us what he wills, if the prophet pbuh commanded it then it is the way forward..

I have always said wars are won and lost long before any battlefield is reached.

Ultimately Allah swt will tell us the truth of all that we did.

He makes of us what he wills.

...would find it hard if had to wash twice as many pots :p

In my experience you cannot control everyone it is as Allah swt wills ..and imposition of will is not my strong suit..

I have no authority to do so.. Those in a position to offer guidance and impose rule really do carry the weight of the world on there shoulders..

Although I'm sure amongst us are those that do in there sleep what cannot be done while awake.

ardianto
04-21-2016, 04:28 PM
Since thousands years ago people already used gold and silver coins as currencies. If Rasulullah and Sahaba used gold and silver as currencies, actually they just continue what people before them had done.

So we cannot say that using gold and silver as currencies is sunnah if in fact, this custom was started by pagans before the era of Islam. And we also cannot say that using paper money is against sunnah, or haram.

noraina
04-21-2016, 05:28 PM
I didn't watch the video, but I do not see the harm in any action as long as it was not forbidden or disapproved of by the Qur'an or the Prophet (SAW).

This is like saying Muslims should not use cars, but ride on camels, or that using toothbrushes is not allowed, or that chocolate is haraam as the Prophet (SAW) did not eat it. There is a difference between Sunnah and what was part of the culture or availability of that time.

Islam is not a difficult religion and people should not make it one.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kritikvernunft
06-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Well, there is another problem with fiat money. I am not a religious scholar, so, I cannot pinpoint the haram-ness of the practice just like that, or shake it out of my sleeve, but I certainly suspect wrongdoing.

As you know, the United States has a long-standing deal with the oil producing countries in the Middle East that they will sell their oil for dollars and that the buyer of the oil will therefore deposit the money in a New York bank account. This system forces approximately every buyer of oil to get hold of dollars and hence artificially beefs up the demand for dollars. At the same time, it allows these New York banks to control who exactly the oil producers sell oil to. It also allows them to control what they spend their money on. As you can imagine, oil producing countries in the Middle East must pretty much ask permission to their New York bank to sell their oil to any new buyer, and ask permission to spend their money to any new supplier.

As you know, the New York bank can at any time freeze access to the accounts, as they did with Iran's funds.

Furthermore, a great deal of the artificial value of the dollar is that you can buy Middle eastern oil with it. That is what allows the US to print endless amounts of dollars in total impunity. Other countries need oil, and therefore their debased dollars too, no matter how many of them that the US prints.

The rumour goes that the real reason why the US invaded Iraq is that Saddam Hussein was going to cancel this long-standing oil-for-dollars deal. Ultimately, the value of the US dollar rests on the ability of the US to invade oil-producing countries and threaten them into selling their oil for dollars.

I do not know why this would be haram in terms of religion, because it sounds rather like a political problem. Still, it would be a good thing if it were possible to produce a fatwa that denounces the use of paper money, especially dollars. It would even be beter if it could denounce the practice of selling oil for dollars.

I personally avoid using dollars. Everything I do in terms of finance revolves around using bitcoin. Of course, it would be nice if there were some kind of slamcoin cryptocurrency, because I would certainly want to use it too.

greenhill
06-28-2016, 11:38 AM
I think there is confusion here... I don't believe it is currency, paper or coin that is haram. It is the attachment of interest to it that is.

:peace:

kritikvernunft
06-28-2016, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I think there is confusion here... I don't believe it is currency, paper or coin that is haram. It is the attachment of interest to it that is.
Of course. The case against interest is rather easy. The Quran explicitly forbids it. So, it is certainly not an issue to argue that interest is haram.

Forcing someone to deposit his income into a bank account is also an obnoxious thing to do, especially, if the reason why they do that, is because they want to prevent that person to pay any other person of his own choice, or to arbitrarily freeze his account. That problem is obviously not mentioned directly in the Quran, but that does not mean that it would be acceptable behaviour.

So, I wonder if there could be a way to haramize this practice? Is there a way to insist based on the Quran that it would be impermissible behaviour to force anybody to accept his payments into a bank account?

greenhill
06-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Quite wishful thinking I'd say.

It is so ingrained that it when it was proposed back in the early 1900s the Bretton Woods Agreement no Islamic counters were put in place. What chance now, with so many factions. ? .

The sons of Ibrahim were supposed to create a system of justice and fairness, trade with morals and agreements with honour, as Allah would have commanded. There would be no weakness in humanity with the revelation of the Quran.

Instead, the system established here on earth has gone totally against the ones that would please Him. It is now based on riba' blah blah blah..

They are trying hard to bury the deen. Attacking it from all sides..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.