/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Muslim, Jew, and Christian sit together at a dinner table

strivingobserver98
04-21-2016, 02:17 PM
A Muslim, Jew, and Christian sit together at a dinner table.

The Jew says "I only follow Moses and his companions!"

The Christian responds and says "Well, I accept Moses but follow only Jesus Christ and his way!"

The Muslim then responds and says:

قُولُواْ آمَنَّا بِاللّهِ وَمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْنَا وَمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَإِسْمَاعِيلَ وَإِسْحَاقَ وَيَعْقُوبَ وَالأسْبَاطِ وَمَا
أُوتِيَ مُوسَى وَعِيسَى وَمَا أُوتِيَ النَّبِيُّونَ مِن رَّبِّهِمْ لاَ نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّنْهُمْ وَنَحْنُ لَهُ مُسْلِمُونَ

"Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allaah and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma'il (Ishmael), Ishaque (Isaac), Ya'qub (Jacob), and to Al-Asbat [the twelve sons of Ya'qub (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Musa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)."

[Surah Al-Baqarah, Ayah 136]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
04-21-2016, 02:40 PM
:salam:

we follow all the messengers by following the Prophet Muhammad SAW and Islam. We believe in all of the messengers AS. we follow all of them, by following the Prophet Muhammad SAW. :D

noraina
04-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Assalamu Alaykum,

Alhamdulillah, as Muslims we are blessed to be commanded to believe in, respect and love all of the Prophets sent by Allah SWT and their original message of submission and Tawhid, from the Prophet Adam (AS) to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

Serinity
04-21-2016, 02:57 PM
This what makes Islam so beautiful. There is no ambiguity in the Aqeedah. It is crystal clear etc. And logical / makes sense etc. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Daniel Hoseiny
01-21-2017, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jewel
The Christian responds and says "Well, I accept Moses but follow only Jesus Christ and his way!"
I follow Moses too, because he prophesied about Jesus in Deutoronomy 18.
18 I (God) will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.

azc
01-21-2017, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Legal_alien
I follow Moses too, because he prophesied about Jesus in Deutoronomy 18.18 I (God) will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
And you can't be a true Christian unless you negate the prophethood of Hz Muhammad s.a.w and we can't be a true Muslim unless we confirm the prophethood of Hz Jesus Christ..!

fschmidt
01-21-2017, 07:42 PM
I am sorry but the Muslim is no different. The Muslim says "Well, I accept Moses and Jesus but follow only the message of Muhammad!" I mean how many of you keep the sabbath? In fact when I asked if one can even follow the Old Testament in Islam, I was told no:

https://www.islamicboard.com/compara...ent-islam.html

azc
01-22-2017, 07:26 AM
It's is difference between ''is'' and ''were''. Of course Jesus and Moses ''were''prophets of their respective era. They're to be accepted accordingly but now Hz Muhammad s.a.w ''is'' the prophet for all human beings till this world exist.

fschmidt
01-22-2017, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
It's is difference between ''is'' and ''were''. Of course Jesus and Moses ''were''prophets of their respective era. They're to be accepted accordingly but now Hz Muhammad s.a.w ''is'' the prophet for all human beings till this world exist.
How is this different from a Christian's view of Moses?

azc
01-22-2017, 08:32 AM
@fschmidt : If someone says George bush ''is'' the president of U.S. Another says, No, Barak Obama ''is'' still on this office but we say, indeed they ''were'' but now it's Donald trump. Obviously the views of both persons are incorrect. Do you understand this simple example..?

fschmidt
01-22-2017, 08:36 PM
@fschmidt : If someone says George bush ''is'' the president of U.S. Another says, No, Barak Obama ''is'' still on this office but we say, indeed they ''were'' but now it's Donald trump. Obviously the views of both persons are incorrect. Do you understand this simple example..?
I still fail to see the difference from Christianity. The Christian says Moses was a prophet in his era, but Jesus is the prophet for all human beings till this world exist. How is this fundamentally different from what you say, other than who happens to be the last prophet?

Note that my view is fundamentally different. I consider Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad to be equally valid prophets with different variations of essentially the same message. The variations account for the variations in people, so different messages will be better suited for different people. In my case, the message of Moses is best suited for me. And reading the quote from the Quran at the top of this thread, it seems that my view agrees with the Quran while the Muslim view does not.

azc
01-22-2017, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fschmidt
I still fail to see the difference from Christianity. The Christian says Moses was a prophet in his era, but Jesus is the prophet for all human beings till this world exist. How is this fundamentally different from what you say, other than who happens to be the last prophet? Note that my view is fundamentally different. I consider Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad to be equally valid prophets with different variations of essentially the same message. The variations account for the variations in people, so different messages will be better suited for different people. In my case, the message of Moses is best suited for me. And reading the quote from the Quran at the top of this thread, it seems that my view agrees with the Quran while the Muslim view does not.
Rub is that you don't want to understand this simple matter... Don't you know who came last.. Moses or Jesus or Hz Muhammad s.a.w..? In addition, Jesus came only for people of Israel. It's wrong to say that he for the mankind till the world exist... Then Jesus said to the woman, "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep--the people of Israel.'' (Matthew 15:24)

fschmidt
01-23-2017, 03:14 AM
Rub is that you don't want to understand this simple matter... Don't you know who came last.. Moses or Jesus or Hz Muhammad s.a.w..?
Muhammad came last. Why does the order matter? I like older music more than this year's music. I don't think the latest is necessarily the greatest.

In addition, Jesus came only for people of Israel. It's wrong to say that he for the mankind till the world exist... Then Jesus said to the woman, "I was sent only to help God's lost sheep--the people of Israel.'' (Matthew 15:24)
Who were the people of Israel? They were not an ethnicity. They were the people who followed God. In the Old Testament, Ruth is an example of this. She was a Moabite, one of the most hated nations to the Israelites. Yet she joined the Israelites without a problem. This is because race doesn't matter. The Israelites were simply the nation who followed God, and anyone who wanted to follow God could join them. This is much like Islam. So what Jesus meant is that he was sent to the people who follow God but were lost because they were led astray by the rabbis (Pharisees). Jesus was not sent to fix paganism, that is the point.

azc
01-23-2017, 06:49 AM
@fschmidt :
Muhammad came last. So? Why does the order matter? I like older music more than this year's music. I don't think the latest is necessarily the greatest.
which prophet's biography is the most comprehensive ..?
Who were the people of Israel? They were not an ethnicity. They were the people who followed God. In the Old Testament, Ruth is an example of this. She was a Moabite, one of the most hated nations to the Israelites. Yet she joined the Israelites without a problem. This is because race doesn't matter. The Israelites were simply the nation who followed God, and anyone who wanted to follow God could join them. This is much like Islam. So what Jesus meant is that he was sent to the people who follow God but were lost because they were led astray by the rabbis (Pharisees). Jesus was not sent to fix paganism, that is the point
Prove it from bible that Jesus came towards mankind. (Specific verse should be quoted)

sister herb
01-23-2017, 08:25 AM
Muhammad came last. Why does the order matter? I like older music more than this year's music. I don't think the latest is necessarily the greatest.
I read medicine books about treatment of tuberculosis, one from 1920´s and one from this year. Which one I get more accurate infomation about treatments of this disease? Maybe the latest is the greatest? I may like more about older book and it´s text but it doesn´t help me to cure the disease.

azc
01-23-2017, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I read medicine books about treatment of tuberculosis, one from 1920´s and one from this year. Which one I get more accurate infomation about treatments of this disease? Maybe the latest is the greatest? I may like more about older book and it´s text but it doesn´t help me to cure the disease.
I doubt if he agrees with you....

fschmidt
01-23-2017, 08:19 PM
@fschmidt : which prophet's biography is the most comprehensive ..?
Obviously the more recent, the more comprehensive. So a false prophet like Bahá'u'lláh has a more comprehensive biography than Muhammad because Bahá'u'lláh is more recent. But that doesn't validate anything.

Prove it from bible that Jesus came towards mankind. (Specific verse should be quoted)
There is no proof, only interpretation. And I already gave mine, that Jesus came for the Israelites who were meant to set an example for all mankind, and who all people could join.

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I don't know anything about tuberculosis, but sometimes newer is better and sometimes it isn't. Bahá'í is newer than Islam. Is Bahá'í better than Islam?

islamdude1
01-23-2017, 08:28 PM
Christians don't really follow Jesus (pbuh).

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed 26:39 Matthew

As we can see Jesus (pbuh) prayed like a Muslim, and Christians don't.

azc
01-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Obviously the more recent, the more comprehensive. So a false prophet like Bahá'u'lláh has a more comprehensive biography than Muhammad because Bahá'u'lláh is more recent. But that doesn't validate anything. There is no proof, only interpretation. And I already gave mine, that Jesus came for the Israelites who were meant to set an example for all mankind, and who all people could join. I don't know anything about tuberculosis, but sometimes newer is better and sometimes it isn't. Bahá'í is newer than Islam. Is Bahá'í better than Islam?
now you've proven yourself as a highly ignorant person.

fschmidt
01-23-2017, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamdude1
As we can see Jesus (pbuh) prayed like a Muslim, and Christians don't.
Yes, traditional jewish prayer has been preserved by the Karaites.

islamdude1
01-23-2017, 09:04 PM
I am sorry but the Muslim is no different. The Muslim says "Well, I accept Moses and Jesus but follow only the message of Muhammad!" I mean how many of you keep the sabbath? In fact when I asked if one can even follow the Old Testament in Islam, I was told no:

https://www.islamicboard.com/compara...ent-islam.html
Yes, but we do not worship the prophets of God.

‘God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)

Predator
02-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Hadith on Scripture: Were Moses alive today he would have no choice but to follow the Noble Quran

Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: Umar ibn Al-Khattab came to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, with a book he obtained from some of the people of the Scripture. He read it to the Prophet but he became angry, and he said, “Are we playing in it, O son of Al-Khattab? By the one in whose Hand is my soul, I have come to you with a pure scripture, so do not ask them about anything because they might narrate something truthful and you disbelieve in it, or they narrate something false and you believe in it. Again, by the one in whose Hand is my soul, were Moses alive today he would have no choice but to follow me.”

During the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) ascension to heaven

Then Gabriel ascended with me ( Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to the sixth heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked: 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked: 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied: 'Muhammad.' It was asked: 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. It was said: 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' "When I went (over the sixth heaven), there I saw Moses (Musa). Gabriel said (to me): 'This is Moses; pay him your greeting. So I greeted him and he returned the greetings to me and said: 'You are welcomed, 0 pious brother and pious Prophet.' When I left him (i.e. Moses) he wept. Someone asked him: 'What makes you weep?' Moses said: 'I weep because after me there has been sent (as Prophet) a young man whose followers will enter Paradise in greater numbers than my followers.'
Then the prayers were enjoined on me: they were fifty prayers a day. When I returned, I passed by Moses, who asked (me): 'What have you been ordered to do?' I replied: 'I have been ordered to offer fifty prayers a day.' Moses said: 'Your followers cannot bear fifty prayers a day, and by Allah I have tested people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel (in vain). Go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your followers' burden.' So I went back, and Allah reduced ten prayers for me. Then again I came to Moses, but he repeated the same as he had said before. Then again I went back to Allah, and He reduced ten more prayers. When I came back to Moses he said the same. I went back to Allah, and He ordered me to observe ten prayers a day. When I came back to Moses, he repeated the same advice, so I went back to Allah and was ordered to observe five prayers a day.
"When I came back to Moses, he said: 'What have you been ordered?' I replied: 'I have been ordered to observe five prayers a day.' He said: 'Your followers cannot bear five prayers a day, and no doubt, I have got an experience of the people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel, so go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your followers' burden.' I said: 'I have requested so much of my Lord that I feel ashamed, but I am satisfied now and surrender to Allah's Order.' When I left, I heard a voice saying: 'I have passed My order and have lessened the burden of My worshippers."'

islamocurious
02-26-2017, 12:08 AM
If humanity had only two choices, would it be a better world (for men and women) if we followed the example of
a) Prophet Mohammed
b) Jesus Christ?

Search
02-26-2017, 12:54 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

format_quote Originally Posted by islamocurious
If humanity had only two choices, would it be a better world (for men and women) if we followed the example of
a) Prophet Mohammed
b) Jesus Christ?
:) Thank you for your question. And welcome to the board, sister in humanity. Hope you're doing well.

Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) is an extremely revered and loved prophet and personality in Islam. However, Christians perhaps do not realize that Jesus (peace be upon him) was not a "Christian" but literally an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi who believed and supported Old Testament laws and only was sent by God to the Jews to correct the intentions and hearts as to its application and have them know that mercy is a blessed path. Jews, for example, today are still waiting for the coming of two prophets as their scripture dictates to await but accepted neither Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) nor Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) when the time cameas the divinely chosen arbiters of God's word. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) taught exactly the same things that Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) taught with the intention that people understand the blessed mercy of following the path of submission to God. So, to answer your question, in following Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), Muslims believe already they are following the path of Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Noah (peace be upon them all).

The evidence for this is in the Qur'an (3:84): Say, we believe in God and that which was revealed unto us, and that which was revealed unto Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob, and the tribes and that which was entrusted unto Moses and Jesus and the Prophets from their Lord We make no distinction between any of them and unto Him we have submitted.

Muslims believe that the best way to worship is to follow the path of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as that is the path of salvation now and the path that merges all previous prophetic paths into the Straight Way. The evidence for this is in the Qur'an 42:52: "And thus, too, [O Muhammad,] have We revealed unto thee a life-giving message, [coming] at Our behest. [Ere this message came unto thee,] thou didst not know what revelation is, nor what faith [implies]: but [now] We have caused this [message] to be a light, whereby We guide whom We will of Our servants: and, verily, [on the strength thereof] thou, too, shalt guide [men] onto the Straight Way –"

To answer your question as someone who was a former atheist and is now a Muslim, the best path for humanity to follow at this time is the path of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) striving to keep one's heart clean and serving humanity in the spirit of serving God. By the same token though, each human being, Muslim or non-Muslim, should recognize also some Muslims are on a dark path and are advocating evil and that that is not the path of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) or Jesus or Moses or Abraham or Isaac or Jacob (peace be upon them all). So, all human beings should keep good company and realize that good company enables reminder of God and realizing his/her own imperfections to improve his/her character, which is one of the purposes of struggle against the self, and that other struggles whether physical or mental in the world are a distraction from this divinely ordained spiritual struggle for Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “I have been sent to perfect noble character” (Sunan Al-Bayhaqee: 21301). Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) also said, “I have only been sent to perfect good moral character” [Musnad Ahmad (8595)].

Sincere Regards & Best Wishes, :)

greenhill
02-26-2017, 03:06 AM
The main issue I see in most of these perception is that it is taken as a 'snapshot' and not taken as a continuity of human development.

If we were to agree that there was Adam and Eve that means there will be a doomsday. Which also means that we, as humanity will go through the progress of time until such day. Seeing as we are successive (as in via birth and death) hence the messages from God (Allah) had to also be successive and messages given according to the 'times' (also reflective the level of intellect).

We can see this intellectual progress from the time of the previous prophets where it was almost a prerequisite for miracles to be a 'sign' of prophethood, to the last prophet, Muhammad pbuh, where reason was mostly used and not reliance on miracles as proof.

The fact that Jesus also said (in John 16:12 onwards) that he (Jesus) "has still much to tell but you cannot yet bear it. . . that when the spirit of the Truth (it clearly describes prophet Muhammad pbuh in character and also he was even called "al Amin" and he clearly spoke very well of Jesus pbuh) comes, he will guide you unto all truths"... This lends some credibility to what I said earlier about human intellectual development and the relative intensity of the messages revealed.

This goes on the emphasise that nature in which ALL the messages were sent. It was incremental, suitable for the intellect of the times (as there were some that people cannot bear at that time). Had the messages been accepted throughout the times when it was sent, all the previous Books would have been the foundation upon which the newer lessons were to be built upon.

:peace:

Eric H
02-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

The Jews are God's chosen people, Christians are chosen by Christ, and in Islam, Allah chooses whom he wills. So where is God around the dinner table?

Did the same God make a mistake when he chose our different paths?

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of 'One God'

Eric

azc
02-26-2017, 09:51 AM
It's not important who we are, important is that we die as a momin, the believer in Oneness of Allah swt and prophethood of Hz Muhammad s.a.w and literally, he is a chosen one...

islamocurious
03-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Thank you for your responses, but I am still confused.. As far as I know, Jesus did not kill anyone, but the Prophet Mohammad did. If the Christian and Islamic God is the same; why would he instruct Jesus to be peaceful and the Prophet Mohammad to be kill?

Scimitar
03-29-2017, 02:40 PM
Thank you for your responses, but I am still confused.. As far as I know, Jesus did not kill anyone, but the Prophet Mohammad did. If the Christian and Islamic God is the same; why would he instruct Jesus to be peaceful and the Prophet Mohammad to be kill?
The God of Jesus is also the God of Moses, and Abraham and the other prophets and messengers pbut, you're clearly not aware of biblical lore - how many times did the prophets of God have to take life?

Go research it.

Your question is not a good one, it's not well thought out. In fact, it's kinda steeped in some ignorance. But a little digging will cure you of that, God willing.

Scimi

islamocurious
03-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Thank you for your response. But again, Jesus did not kill and the prophet Mohammed did. Today Mohammedans are killing kafirs, and even martyring Muslim children in the name of islàm. Kafirs have not strapped suicide bombs to martyr their children in the of their religion but Muslims have.

Eric H
03-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Greetings and peace be with you islamocurious;

Today Mohammedans are killing kafirs, and even martyring Muslim children in the name of islàm.
Other Muslims are helping the poor, they run soup kitchens and help homeless people. Are these kind Muslims following a false interpretation of Islam?

Kafirs have not strapped suicide bombs to martyr their children in the of their religion but Muslims have.
Ok, about three thousand died in 9/11, this was sick and wrong. Now tell me how many murders have been committed by kafirs in America since 9/11. The answer is in the hundreds of thousands. Justice must be the same for all people, despite our differences.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

islamocurious
03-29-2017, 04:30 PM
But if Mohammed is the perfect example for all mankind; how can one Muslim parent justify martyring their child in the name of Islam? Does the prophet Mohammed justify the killing of Muslim children? To be fair; there has not been one incident of a kafir martyring their child, but many of Muslims martyring theirs..

Scimitar
03-29-2017, 05:13 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about? Please do present references to this claim and evidences as well.

Because this is NEWS to me lol.

Scimi

Scimitar
03-29-2017, 06:18 PM
a) Prophet Mohammed
b) Jesus Christ?
In the name of God, the Most Beneficent, Entirely Merciful

Often I have come across the argument from people of spiritual sickness that Jesus is better than Muhammad or vice versa - arguments from both sides.

Christians have claimed Jesus (pbuh) is better than Muhammad (pbuh)
Muslims have claimed Muhammad (pbuh) is better than Jesus (pbuh)

Well, I got news for you spiritually blind people who do not read.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 651:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "I am the nearest of all the people to the son of Mary, and all the prophets are paternal brothers, and there has been no prophet between me and him (i.e. Jesus)."

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 652:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all the people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one."

Sahih Muslim Book 030, Number 5834:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (pbuh) as saying: I am most akin to the son of Mary among the whole of mankind and the Prophets are of different mothers, but of one religion, and no Prophet was raised between me and him (Jesus Christ).

Book 030, Number 5835:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (pbuh) as saying: I am most akin to Jesus Christ among the whole of mankind, and all the Prophets are of different mothers but belong to one religion and no Prophet was raised between me and Jesus.

Book 030, Number 5836:

Abu Huraira reported many ahadith from Allah's Messenger (pbuh) and one is that Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: I am most close to Jesus, son of Mary, among the whole of mankind in this worldly life and the next life. They said: Allah's Messenger how is it? Thereupon he said: Prophets are brothers in faith, having different mothers. Their religion is, however, one and there is no Apostle between us (between I and Jesus Christ).

On many versions of VC, the trend of comparing Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them both) has been something which made me wonder at the motivations of those who would seek to do such a thing. Muslims love and revere Jesus as one of God's greatest messengers to mankind, just as we love and revere the Prophet Muhammad, may peace be upon them both.

The Prophet Muhammad sought to erase any distinctions between the message he taught and that taught by Jesus, whom he called God's spirit and word.

Prophet Muhammad said: "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one." as we can see in the ahadeeth referenced above.

Have you ever read this verse as a Christian or Muslim?

"Behold! The angels said: 'O Mary! God gives thee glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Jesus Christ, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and in (the company of) those nearest to God.'"

This is not from the New Testament. It is in the Qur'an, chapter 3 verse 45.

The Qur'an also mentions that Jesus was strengthened with the "Holy Spirit" (2:87) and is a "sign for the whole world." (21:91) His virgin birth was confirmed when Mary is quoted as asking: "How can I have a son when no man has ever touched me?" (3:47) An entire chapter of the Qur'an (Chapter 19) is named after Jesus' mother Mary, "Maryam" in the Arabic of the Qur'an.

The Quran shows Jesus speaking from the cradle and, with God's permission, curing lepers and the blind. (5:110) God also states in the Quran: "We gave (Jesus) the Gospel and put compassion and mercy into the hearts of his followers."(57:27)

Muslims believe Jesus will return to earth in the last days before the final judgment. Disrespect toward Jesus is very offensive to Muslims, as it would be to Christians. However, rare it is to find a Christians who takes offence at disrespect towards Muhammad and more often than not I find it is the Christians who do so.

Jesus and Muhammad taught peace, love and forgiveness. The message of love, peace and forgiveness taught by Jesus and Muhammad, and accepted by both Christians and Muslims, can serve as a unifying force in a troubled world.

It is the same message of unity expressed by another verse in the Qur'an:

"Say ye: 'We believe in God and the revelation given to us and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and it is unto Him that we surrender ourselves.'"(2:136)

Muslims make no distinction between the Prophets and Messengers of God - each of them are brothers to one another, as we are told VERY CLEARLY in the Qur'an (2:136) and in the Ahadeeth (multiple sources authenticated).

Which of you would like to stand before God on the day of judgement and inform Him of what He told you not? Which of you will say "Jesus is better" or "Muhammad is better" on that day when you will have no recollection of ever having met these men? What will you say when you are asked by which authority you came to such erroneous conclusions? Do you not fear God? Don't entertain the doubtful narratives of the devils.

From Adam to Muhammad (pbut) - all of the Prophets and Messengers of God came with the same message - God is One.

Like the Christians, the Muslims too are awaiting the return of Jesus pbuh, and it is the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who informed us of the return of Jesus pbuh. Many ahadeeth on that alone, if you would care to research.

God bless,

Scimi

Scimitar
03-29-2017, 06:19 PM
The Rank of the Prophet's and Messengers of God

Muslims also believe the Jesus pbuh was a Prophet and Messenger of God to the Children of Israel. I've sometimes read Christian responses to this and it does seem that Christians do not see Prophets and Messengers as important enough. So I'd like to clarify for the Christians the Islamic viewpoint of Prophets and Messengers. It will help to avoid confusion I hope.

In Islam, Prophets and Messengers rank higher and above the Angels. The Prophets and Messengers are those who are closest to God, even closer than the Angels.

In Islam we understand that there is no higher rank an human can attain than Prophet/Messenger of God - it is an honour and responsibility which God gives to HIS elect and chosen - and these men are always the best examples from the entire gene pool of humans in the world of that time period - they are willed into being by God, and birthed here on earth - as guides who will give us the truth of God.

Prophets and Messengers are ranked higher than the Angels.

30. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know."

31. And He taught Adam all the names (of everything) , then He showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful."

32. They (angels) said: "Glory be to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise."

33. He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names," and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did I not tell you that I know the Ghaib (unseen) in the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been concealing?"

Qur'an Chapter two (The Cow [Heifer])

God is demonstrating to the Angels that Mankind is an unique creation that even the Angels will marvel at due to the nature of its intelligence, and innate gifts God has given man.

But mankind can fall to lower than his carnal desires - and in rare cases, in the case of Prophets and Messengers of God - they can tower over the Angels in rank - as Adam our paternal grandfather, did on the day he was created!

Allahu Alam

Scimi

Scimitar
03-29-2017, 06:23 PM
a) Prophet Mohammed
b) Jesus Christ?
I found this article earlier I wish to share with others - hope you all can glean some goodness from it as I did.

Muhammad and Jesus Two Great Prophets of God
Thomas Petriano

The relationship between Christianity and Islam throughout history has been often characterized by misunderstanding, rivalry, and frequently hostility. As illustrated in the recent movie, The Kingdom of Heaven, these tensions reached their pinnacle of ugliness in Crusades. In today’s post 9-11 world, these same misunderstandings, rivalries, and hostilities are in danger of being ignited again as extremists on both sides attempt to persuade us that Christianity and Islam are fundamentally opposed to one another. Such claims can only be overcome by persistent efforts at dialogue that promotes understanding and reconciliation. Only such sincere and honest exchange can bring about the understanding that will enable Christians and Muslims, together with Jews, to coexist peacefully in the 21st century.

This article will focus specifically on Muslim-Christian dialogue by pointing out that in the inspired vision of our great and holy founders, Jesus and Muhammad, there is far more that we share in common than there is that divides us.

If Jesus and Muhammad had lived at the same time and had actually known each other, it seems from what we know of them that they would have recognized each other not as rivals, but as friends. There are four themes that I find in the gospels and the holy Qur’an that convince me that their teachings were inspired by the same fundamental faith and vision for humanity.

First of all, it is clear from the New Testament and the Qur’an that both Jesus and Muhammad were the beloved of God. In Islamic tradition there are several titles of honor by which Prophet Muhammad is known. For example, he is known as Abdullah – “the servant of God;” he is also known as Mustafa, “the chosen one;” Ahmad, “the one who is praised,” is another commonly used title. Most often, he is known as rasool or “the messenger.” In addition to these titles, Muhammad is also known as habib or “the beloved of God.”

Likewise, Jesus in the New Testament is also referred to as the beloved of God. For example, in Matthew 3:16 as Jesus is being baptized by John, we read:

And when Jesus was baptized, he went up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and alighting on him; and lo, a voice from heaven, saying, “This is my beloved son, with whom I am well pleased.”

This same scene is repeated in the gospels of Luke and Mark, and it serves to reinforce the conviction that Jesus is indeed the beloved of God. So, for both Christians and Muslims, their founders are recognized as God’s beloved. It follows then that for those who love God, whether they be Muslims or Christians, it is important to love Jesus and to love Muhammad. For God, there is no rivalry between them. They are both the beloved of God. Those who would claim to be their followers must then have the same respect and love for both of them.

Historically, Muslims have shown much greater respect for Jesus than Christians have shown for Muhammad. Muslims are very knowledgeable about the life of Jesus, and he is spoken of with great respect throughout the Qur’an. The same has not been the case for the traditional attitude of Christians toward Muhammad in history. Sadly, some of those prejudices continue in some circles today. This is largely because of insufficient or inaccurate information about Muhammad and his life. A better knowledge of the life of Prophet Muhammad can serve well to help Christians understand why he also is known as “the beloved of God - al habib.”

Another similarity between Jesus and Muhammad is evident in their strong and uncompromising vision of social justice. They both recognized the inequalities and injustices that existed in their respective societies, and both of them were passionate defenders of the poor, widows, and orphans. For example, in the Qur’an, God speaks through his messenger, Muhammad, these words:

Alms are for the poor and the needy, and those employed to administer the (funds); for those whose hearts have been (recently) reconciled (to Truth); for those in bondage in debt; in the cause of Allah; and for the wayfarer: (thus is it) ordained by Allah, and Allah is full of knowledge and wisdom. (Qur’an 9:60)

It is on the basis of passages such as this one that the concept of zakat (charity tax) became one of the five pillars of Islam and thereby an obligatory act of devotion for all Muslims. The sense of equality of all people that is derived from this principle is one of the central tenets of Islam. It is also exemplified in the various sunnah and hadith of Prophet Muhammad; for example, the honor he gave to Bilal in inviting him to be the first to chant the words of the adhan calling Muslims to prayer. This gesture was nothing less than revolutionary for that time and place.

Another example from the sunnah, as recounted by Karen Armstrong in her book Muhammad, is the story of a poor man who had committed a minor crime and is told to give alms to the poor as a penance for what he did. Just as the man was telling the Prophet that he did not have anything to give away, a basket of dates was brought into the mosque by someone as a gift for Muhammad. The Prophet, in turn, gave the basket to the poor man and suggested that he use those dates to distribute to the poor. The man replied that he didn’t know anyone who was poorer than he was. Muhammad laughed at his response and suggested that he give the dates to his family as his penance.

Like Muhammad, Jesus spoke out frequently on behalf of the poor and disadvantaged. The famous teaching of the beatitudes, which were part of the Sermon on the Mount, are one example, and another is found in the Gospel of Luke, chapter four, where Jesus uses the words of Prophet Isaiah to refer to himself as he reads from the scroll:

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, and to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord” And he closed the book, …and began to say to them, “Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.”

Not only did Jesus preach this powerful message of love and justice for all the most marginalized members of society, but in his own actions he brought these words to life. The four gospels frequently make reference to Jesus’ special compassion for the sick, the poor, and the forgotten and neglected members of his society. In Matthew, 25: 31-46, he further suggests that his disciples will be known and judged by their actions of feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and visiting the sick and imprisoned. In fact, whenever one performs one of these actions to the “least” of his brethren, it is as if he were performing it for Christ himself. It is perhaps for this very reason that the Qur’an honors and respects Jesus. His sense of charity and justice, which is very much rooted in the justice proclaimed by the Hebrew prophets, is totally in sync with the vision of justice taught and practiced by Prophet Muhammad.

A third trait shared by both Jesus and Muhammad is their love for God. Jesus referred to God as abba, an Aramaic word which means “father” (or most closely translated, “daddy”), and Muhammad addressed God as Allah, the Arabic word for God. For both of them, God was the center of their lives. They lived their lives always deeply conscious of God’s power and presence and of themselves as the beloved of God. The gospels speak frequently of Jesus going off by himself to pray-either into the desert, or to a mountain, or to a garden (such as the Garden of Olives where he prayed the night before he died). The spiritual writer Anthony Padavano reminds us:

He prays at every turn, on any occasion, each day, during the night, while on the water, lost in the mountains, alone in the temple, forsaken in the garden, at supper with his friends, throughout the ordeal of the cross. (from his book, Dawn without Darkness)

The strength of Jesus’ ministry was the relationship that he cultivated with God in prayer. Jesus was a man of God because he was a man of prayer.

Likewise, Prophet Muhammad was recognized by all of his followers as a prayerful, deeply God-conscious person. The very revelation of the Qur’an came to Muhammad while he was praying on Mt. Hirat, and the two great moments of epiphany that Muhammad was privileged to receive, the Night of Ascent (laylat al- miraj) and the Night of Power (laylat al- qudr), are examples of his deep devotion to prayer and the deep intensity of his prayer. Indeed, of the night of power the Qur’an says: “The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.” The practice of salat five times daily is meant to keep each Muslim aware of God throughout the hours of the day, following the example of Prophet Muhammad in his deep devotion to God and all-encompassing God-consciousness. In addition to the five times of daily prayer, there is the prayer known as du’a, which corresponds more to the Christian understanding of prayers of petition. From the sunnah and hadith there are many traditions relating Muhammad’s devotion to prayer on many different occasions of the day and the long periods of time he often spent in salat (worship). As with Jesus, the rhythm of Muhammad’s daily life was one of prayer and devotion to God - God consciousness. Peace and praise be upon them both.

A fourth characteristic that Jesus and Muhammad shared was respect for the equality of women. Both of them lived in a highly patriarchal culture in which women were highly subjugated, had few rights, and were often treated unjustly and harshly. In speaking out on behalf of the rights of women, Jesus and Muhammad went against the prevailing norms of their respective cultural and religious heritage. We see, for example, in the ways that Jesus related to women a teaching that was quite revolutionary for his time. He would talk to women, and always treated them with the respect and dignity that they deserved. It is a woman, Mary Magdalene, who is recognized as one of his closest followers, and it was she to whom Jesus first appeared after his resurrection, entrusting to her the task of telling the other disciples that he had risen from the dead. In Jesus’ understanding of the Kingdom of God, men and women were equals.

Prophet Muhammad also courageously opposed the prevailing norms of his time with regard to women. In the fourth chapter of the Qur’an, Allah reminds believers:

“O mankind! Reverence your Guardian-lord, Who created you from a single Person, created, of like nature, his mate, and from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women; reverence Allah, through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (that bore you): for Allah ever watches over you. (4:1)

In addition to this ayat from the Qur’an, there is a hadith in which Muhammad says that “women are the twin halves of men.” These teachings taken together are compelling evidence of the essential equality that exists between men and women, as it was revealed to Muhammad. It is this recognition of equality that forms the basis for the various laws of the Shariah which protect the rights of women. There are, for example, laws that protect women’s right of inheritance, their right to divorce, their right to vote and run for office, their rights to alimony and palimony, and strict laws limiting polygamy. Indeed, one of the principle reasons for the limited conditions under which polygamy could be practiced was the protection of the many widows and orphans that lived without a husband or father in the often violent society of 7th century Arabia.

Though Islam is often criticized as being oppressive to women, the fact is that the teaching and example of Prophet Muhammad demonstrate something quite the opposite. Muhammad, like Jesus, was very counter-cultural in championing the rights of women. Yet it has often been the followers of Muhammad and Jesus who have misunderstood or misrepresented the true nature of their view of women and their rightful roles in society and in their respective religions.

Certainly, there are other convergences that can be pointed out between the lives of these two great messengers of God, and certainly there are some differences, but the four that we have mentioned-being the beloved of God and defenders of the poor, their devotion to prayer and speaking up on behalf of women’s rights-serve to highlight how much Muhammad and Jesus had in common. They lived several centuries apart, though they emerged from the same part of the world.

One cannot help but wonder and speculate that if they lived at the same time and knew each other how they would have responded to each other. It is surely a hypothetical question, but the evidence would seem to indicate that they would not have seen each other as rivals, but would rather have had nothing but the highest respect for one another. The famous Night of Ascent in which Muhammad was mystically transported to heaven (laylat al-miraj) bears remarkable resemblance to the gospel account of Jesus’ Transfiguration, where he was joined by the prophets Abraham and Elijah. In Muhammad’s ascension he was also joined by Jesus. What a beautiful image. What would they have said to each other? It is a fascinating question to ponder.

It is not hard to imagine them being glad to see each other, embracing each other as friends, and becoming engaged in deep and genuine dialogue. Indeed, it is not hard to imagine Jesus and Muhammad as friends, linked by their love of God and their vision of a world characterized by justice, compassion, and equality-a world where people lived in awareness of and submission to God. They would have recognized each other as friends because they were friends of God. They would have the same hope and expectation for their followers. May we, their followers, learn from them.

Thomas Petriano, PhD, is a faculty member at Religious Studies Department, St. Joseph’s College, New York.

Source

God bless

Scimi

M.I.A.
03-29-2017, 07:05 PM

Futuwwa
03-29-2017, 07:48 PM
God reveals the true religion in stages. The Prophet Muhammed and his followers endured persecution for 11 years. Then God commanded them to stand up and fight, and overthrow their oppressors. I don't know if Jesus would have done the same, but I'm glad Muhammed did.

I can respect a Christian pacifist's denouncement of Muhammed's militarism if he's pacifist enough that he would not resist despite being able to if ISIS came to behead him.

M.I.A.
03-29-2017, 08:18 PM
so where do you draw the line between submission and persecution?

within your own lives.

familam.

..because if you wrote the future with your mouths you would know what a twisted place the world is..

and how hard it is to keep your head.

99 names but nobody to lay claim to them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.