/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What brought you closer to Islam?

S.Ali786
04-21-2016, 10:04 PM
Salams, we all have that one thing that bought us closer to Islam. Please share yours without exposing sins.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-22-2016, 12:51 AM
:wa:

Just staring at the stars at night, reading and pondering about the universe and enjoying nature brings me closer to Islam every time :).

35. Were they created out of nothing? Or were they themselves the creators?

36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they are sure of nothing!

(Qur'an 52:35-36)

60. Who has created the heavens and the earth, and Who sends down for you water from the sky? Yea, with it We cause to grow well-planted orchards full of beauty and delight: it never has been yours to cause to grow. Could there be another god besides Allah? Nay, but they are people who swerve from justice.

61. Or, Who has made the earth firm to live in, and placed rivers in its folds, and set upon it immovable mountains, and made a barrier between the two seas (fresh and salt waters)? Could there be another god besides Allah? Nay, most of them know not.

62. Or, Who answers the one distressed when he calls unto Him, and Who relieves the harm, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? Could there be another god besides Allah? Little do they reflect!

63. Or, Who guides you through the depths of darkness in the land and the sea, and Who sends the winds as heralds of His Mercy? Could there be another god besides Allah? High is Allah above what they ascribe to Him!

64. Or, Who originates creation, then repeats it, and Who gives you sustenance from heaven and earth? Could there be another god besides Allah? Say, " Bring your proof, if you are truthful!"

65. Say: None in the heavens or on earth, except Allah, knows what is hidden. Nor are they able to perceive when they shall be resurrected (for Judgment).

(Qur'an 27:60-65)

19. He brings forth the living from the dead, and He brings forth the dead from the living, and He revives the earth after its death. And like so you will be brought forth (from death).

20. And of His Signs is this: He created you from dust, and then, behold you are human beings, ranging widely!

21. And of His Signs is this: He created for you mates from yourselves that you might find rest in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Behold! Herein indeed are Signs for those who reflect.

22. And of His Signs are the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations of your languages and colours. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who know.

23. And of His Signs is your sleep by night and by day, and your seeking of His Bounty. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who heed.

24. And of His Signs is this: He shows you the lightning for fear and for hope, and sends down water from the sky, and thereby revives the earth after its death. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who understand.

(Qur'an 30:19-24)

BilalKid
04-22-2016, 05:14 AM
islam lecture :shade:

The-Deist
04-22-2016, 07:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Ali786
Salams, we all have that one thing that bought us closer to Islam. Please share yours without exposing sins.
Not all

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
04-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

When I was around 14, I remember my mother slowly became closer to Islam, and then she taught me how to read salah :), I still remember that feeling the first time I did sujood. I especially remember being gifted a seerah of the Prophet (pbuh) by a friend. For me the Prophet (pbuh) was always a highly respected figure, but someone I didn't know or truly love. When I read his biography, it's effect was profound and it encouraged me to read more about Islam on the internet, and that was when I truly began to love Allah SWT and His Messenger (pbuh). Alhamdulillah.

Even now I feel myself becoming closer to Islam with each moment, the proof of His beauty and existence seems to just unfurl itself all the time.

eesa the kiwi
04-22-2016, 09:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
:wa:

Just staring at the stars at night, reading and pondering about the universe and enjoying nature brings me closer to Islam every time :).

35. Were they created out of nothing? Or were they themselves the creators?

36. Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, but they are sure of nothing!

(Qur'an 52:35-36)

60. Who has created the heavens and the earth, and Who sends down for you water from the sky? Yea, with it We cause to grow well-planted orchards full of beauty and delight: it never has been yours to cause to grow. Could there be another god besides Allah? Nay, but they are people who swerve from justice.

61. Or, Who has made the earth firm to live in, and placed rivers in its folds, and set upon it immovable mountains, and made a barrier between the two seas (fresh and salt waters)? Could there be another god besides Allah? Nay, most of them know not.

62. Or, Who answers the one distressed when he calls unto Him, and Who relieves the harm, and makes you (mankind) inheritors of the earth? Could there be another god besides Allah? Little do they reflect!

63. Or, Who guides you through the depths of darkness in the land and the sea, and Who sends the winds as heralds of His Mercy? Could there be another god besides Allah? High is Allah above what they ascribe to Him!

64. Or, Who originates creation, then repeats it, and Who gives you sustenance from heaven and earth? Could there be another god besides Allah? Say, " Bring your proof, if you are truthful!"

65. Say: None in the heavens or on earth, except Allah, knows what is hidden. Nor are they able to perceive when they shall be resurrected (for Judgment).

(Qur'an 27:60-65)

19. He brings forth the living from the dead, and He brings forth the dead from the living, and He revives the earth after its death. And like so you will be brought forth (from death).

20. And of His Signs is this: He created you from dust, and then, behold you are human beings, ranging widely!

21. And of His Signs is this: He created for you mates from yourselves that you might find rest in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Behold! Herein indeed are Signs for those who reflect.

22. And of His Signs are the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations of your languages and colours. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who know.

23. And of His Signs is your sleep by night and by day, and your seeking of His Bounty. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who heed.

24. And of His Signs is this: He shows you the lightning for fear and for hope, and sends down water from the sky, and thereby revives the earth after its death. Behold! Herein indeed are signs for those who understand.

(Qur'an 30:19-24)
Those verses are beautiful alhamdulilah they really hit me
Jazak Allah khair for sharing

ramen-thelegend
04-22-2016, 10:01 AM
in short, islam gave me a reason to live.

my life has never been that good, it neither is now. i cant recall one day to call it the best day of my life. i dont remember having any fancy dinner time with my family or when my mother(i dont have a father) discussed or talked about religion to me. i dont even remember the last time my mom told me she loved me. i am no more than someone to have a good laugh with for my class mates. but i'm happy the way it is. i have been punished for every single bad deed, that if someone else did, they certainly would not have been caught and punished.

i'm currently standing somewhere veeeeerrryy low in my deen but i know its better than being no where around it. i'm happy in the state i am in because with the state of mind that i have now, i couldn't handle any more or any less. i'm happy with the state of mind that i have now because with all this hustle, if i were someone else, someone not close to religion i probably would have committed suicide years ago. and if i were someone close to their religion, than i'd probably have lost faith by now. ( i mean some coward like me, not someone "really" close to religion)

nothing goes the way i want it to. everything that i ask for, ALLAH never gave it to me the way i want it.

but when i think over everything that has ever happened to me, think over what would have happened the way i wanted it and compare it with what ALLAH swt did. it tells me he is the best planner and he knows me alot better than i know myself.

islam answered all my questions. it told me why all this was happening to me. unlike any other book around QURAN makes sense and it is not corrupted or changed.

the more bad my life gets, the more closer it brought me to my religion. i dont know if that happens to everyone, but thats what happens to me.

~ Sabr ~
04-26-2016, 09:30 AM
:salamext:

1) I've gone through various situations in my life - (When I say gone through I mean I have been through sooooo much…subhaanAllaah) and at each time when I thought I was at breaking point, Allaah subhaan wa taala gave me relief by providing me ease and taking me out of my test…
And each time Alhamdulillaah Alhamdulillaah I have come out stronger than before. This has built up my Imân and bought me closer to Islâm. Alhamdulillaah.

2) Gaining knowledge from a young age has also bought me closer to Islâm – I was always interested in my religion since childhood because I had an Islamic upbringing – so my idea of a good time was being surrounded by Islamic Books.

3) Reciting Darood Shareef whenever I am not pre-occupied.

4) My duaas being answered - 1) By Allaah giving me what I asked for or by 2) Him giving me something better.

That’s all I can think of for now, hope it helped :ia:

EDIT - Also I remember when I was a little girl (around 7/8/9?) I heard someone telling my mum about a lady who opened the Qur'aan to read it and the words vanished and she couldn't read it - I loved my religion too much at a young age, so I thought (at that time) to not do anything bad as the words would vanish for me....:exhausted

~ Sabr ~
04-26-2016, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The-Deist
Not all
Please go and play with your action figures, little boy :) If you don't have something nice or relevant to say then don't say it.

Peace.

The-Deist
04-26-2016, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~

Please go and play with your action figures, little boy :) If you don't have something nice or relevant to say then don't say it.

Peace.
He said we all, yet not all have that.
PS. I don't even own any action figures.

ramen-thelegend
04-26-2016, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The-Deist
He said we all, yet not all have that.
PS. I don't even own any action figures.
i guess he meant it for those who are closer to islam. maybe? :)

crimsontide06
04-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Yasmin Mogahed lectures, at first, then reading English Quran..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.