/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Random Small Act of Kindness Makes a Big Difference

Khalid Saifullah
04-22-2016, 11:53 AM
A few days ago I was at a bus stop in town during the evening. The bus came on time & I took the window seat. The bus route was by the seashore & I was enjoying the breeze while watching the sea waves.

After a few minutes the bus made it's next stop. A young couple entered the bus. They were left standing when the bus took off. I glanced at them curiously & realized that all the window seats were occupied. They could sit but not together.

Suddenly a different wave passed through my body & my inner mind gave me the instruction to get up. I got up & offered them my seat (so that they could sit together) The young lady smiled affectionately & said, "thank u very much."

I occupied the other seat & we parted our ways. I don't remember whether I got off the bus before them or not.

Months passed by. Suddenly one day while I was standing at the same bus stop waiting sometime for the bus to arrive I heard a voice.

"Excuse me Uncle," I glanced in the direction of the voice. It was a heavily pregnant, young lady.

Puzzled, I said, "I do not recognize u."

She said, "But I do u. Do u remember u gave us your window seat?"

Puzzled, I said, "Maybe, but what is so great in that?

She said, "Uncle u simply acted like an angel for me. Had u not given ur seat on that day, perhaps I would have not sat with my husband. By sitting together it helped us bridge a misunderstanding that had been between us for quite some time & we were thinking of getting divorced. . Do u know we are getting our first baby next month?"

"Good! God Bless both of u," I replied.

The young lady again said thank u & went onto her journey. I realized the importance of Giving that day. I also realized that small things can create great happenings in life. This was a great lesson for me.

✽✽ ✽✽ ✽✽

Never overlook any act of kindness that u can do for another. Sometimes it may mean like nothing to u, but to the receiver it can make a world of difference.

Even a mere, insignificant small action when done with sincerity to please no one but اللّه Subhana Ta'ala may just be the deed that will attract the Mercy of اللّه
Subhana Ta'ala & can be our means to attaining Jannah.

Rasulullah sallallaahu alayhi wasallam said;
Do not consider anything act
insignificant, even meeting your
brother with a happy face.” (Muslim).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.