/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Attitude towards life

dreamcatcher
04-22-2016, 04:19 PM
Should I follow the attitude that Allah knows and everything will eventually get better ? What if nothing improves till the death comes ? Is Allah in control of my life ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
04-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Asalamualykum,

I believe it is a balance of fear and hope. My general attitude to life is positive but realistic too. I am very hopeful and i plan for the things that i want/need but ultimately i know everything lies in the hands of Allah swt.

I found a relevant article addressing your question. Please have a read but also ensure the site follows your school of thought:

Praise be to Allaah.

Belief in al-qadar (the divine will and decree) is one of the pillars of faith, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, when he answered Jibreel’s question about faith: “(It means) believing in Allaah, His angels, His Books, His Messengers and the Last Day, and to believe in al-qadar (the divine decree) both good and bad.”

What is meant by al-qadar is that Allaah has decreed all things from eternity and knows that they will happen at times that are known to Him, and in specific ways, and that He has written that and willed it, and they happen according to what He has decreed. [al-Qada’ wa’l-Qadar by Dr ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Mahmoud, p. 39].

Belief in al-qadar is based on four things:

1 – Knowledge, i.e., that Allaah knows what His creation will do, by virtue of His eternal knowledge.

2 – Writing, i.e., that Allaah has written the destiny of all creatures in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz.

3 – Will, i.e., that what Allaah wills happens and what He does not will does not happen. There is no movement in the heavens or on earth but it happens by His will.

4 – Creation and formation, i.e., that Allaah is the Creator of all things, including the actions of His slaves. They do their actions in a real sense, and He is the Creator of them and of their actions.

Whoever believes in these four believes in al-qadar.

If you wish to read more please visit https://islamqa.info/en/20806

M.I.A.
04-22-2016, 06:24 PM
I feel I have yet to learn how to live with myself..

So hate is an emotion I'm familiar with although it pasess.

...playing on hard mode apparently, first world problems.

The joke is that hate is no substitute or firm foundation with which to work from..

The better answer is.

dreamcatcher
04-22-2016, 07:11 PM
why is life so difficult for some and so east and pleasant for others ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
04-22-2016, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
why is life so difficult for some and so east and pleasant for others ?
Asalamualykum,

That's the assumption you make brother. Not all is as it seems.

You may perceive someone to be happy but deep down they may be very distressed.

People's actions and behaviour does not always reveal the real truth.

If they are not experiencing pain or difficulty in the same area as you then they may be experiencing pain or difficulty in another aspect of their life.

If this dunya was pain-free then we would be in heaven right brother? This is the nature of dunya it comes with pain and temptations.

Islamically every believer is going through their own trials and tribulations according to what he/she can carry.

“Do people think that they will be left alone because they say:

‘We believe,’ and will not be tested.
And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allaah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allaah knows all that before putting them to test)”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:2-3]

Please visit https://islamqa.info/en/13205

ramen-thelegend
04-23-2016, 02:29 AM
the attitude that Allah knows
uhhhhh....what is that supposed to mean?

What if nothing improves till the death comes ?
yo man u got to improve it yoself, you cant just sit back and be waiting for some miracle
Is Allah in control of my life ?
ofcourse he is. but not about what you do about it. he guides you(by various means), satan misguides you. you choose which one to take, guidance or misguidance. ALLAH swt has full knowledge of what we'll be choosing too, but he doesn't force it on us or something, he knows it.

looks like you're having a rough and tough time imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.