/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feedback If YOU Were A Moderator...

BeTheChange
04-22-2016, 05:56 PM
Asalamualykum & hello to everyone,

Hope everyone is looking forward to the summer and the month of Ramadan Insha Allah.

This thread is created to collate your feedback about your experience on this forum.

The feedback can either be critical or it can be positive. The more critical & genuine the better i say because that's how we all improve something.

We can only learn from our mistakes and if we don't know what is troubling or annoying you it is hard to bring a change. So cheesy i know but BE THE CHANGE :D Insha Allah.

So if you were in a position of responsibility or you owned this forum what would you do differently (if anything)?

The more creative and beneficial the posts are the more chance of earning some reps!! Insha Allah.

Jazahka Allah for your time and suggestions.

May Allah swt help us all benefit from this forum Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-22-2016, 06:06 PM
:wa:

Yep, extra rep points for the suggestions. As long as it's not "Ban Farhan" :D.

piXie
04-22-2016, 06:21 PM
:w:

I'd have a time limit option so members get this message

Dear member, your 100 minute time limit has run out for the day. Now, get a life. :D

noraina
04-22-2016, 06:22 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I would say change the rep system for one. Sometimes I really like someone's post but I cannot rep them again, I have to 'spread around' some reputation, this has happened to me so many times. Perhaps change it from the amount of reps before repping someone again to a time frame, like you can only rep the same person again after an hour or something.

That's all, I'm going to have to think hard now. :D

JazakAllah khayr.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd-al Latif
04-22-2016, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan

Ban Farhan :D.
I second that motion.

sister herb
04-22-2016, 07:32 PM
I wouldn´t close the humor section for the time of Ramadan. We need some smiles also at this time.

Search
04-22-2016, 07:57 PM
:bism:

:sl:

If I were a moderator, I'd order everyone to pay me in real-world chocolates for all my hard work. (Winks.)

On a serious note, I'd just keep an eye on members who might be more accurately described as trouble-makers rather than sincere participants or earnest learners on the board. That's all. Sometimes, the simplest solution is also the best.

(Oh, please, I don't want a rep; I want to be paid in chocolate for my post. Anyone?)

format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum & hello to everyone,

Hope everyone is looking forward to the summer and the month of Ramadan Insha Allah.

This thread is created to collate your feedback about your experience on this forum.

The feedback can either be critical or it can be positive. The more critical & genuine the better i say because that's how we all improve something.

We can only learn from our mistakes and if we don't know what is troubling or annoying you it is hard to bring a change. So cheesy i know but BE THE CHANGE :D Insha Allah.

So if you were in a position of responsibility or you owned this forum what would you do differently (if anything)?

The more creative and beneficial the posts are the more chance of earning some reps!! Insha Allah.

Jazahka Allah for your time and suggestions.

May Allah swt help us all benefit from this forum Ameen.

Serinity
04-22-2016, 08:19 PM
:salam:
@Search , what about we send you money over paypal, so you can buy chocolate? :p

BilalKid
04-22-2016, 09:29 PM
less sections!! :phew

ConcealedGem
04-22-2016, 09:49 PM
I don't like spreading reps around xD I'd rather it be after repping every other person iA:) apart from that it's all good in the hood, forum is brill. :)

Search
04-23-2016, 01:36 AM
:bism:

Aww, that's very sweet - and you know, it's the thought that counts here and therefore all the good posts on this board are equivalent to all my favorite chocolates.

format_quote Originally Posted by farhan Fan 2
:salam:
@Search, what about we send you money over paypal, so you can buy chocolate? :p

Hamza :)
04-23-2016, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
I second that motion.
I third that motion.

The-Deist
04-23-2016, 06:56 AM
Disable my account.

sister herb
04-23-2016, 07:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The-Deist
Disable my account.
Here was before possibility as "Account Disabled On Request".

http://www.islamicboard.com/feedback...ccount+request

You can make a thread about this matter to Helpdesk section. Then only you and mods see it as kind of matter doesn´t belong to others.

Your posts will remain to here (this has explained to you before).

You can of course violate the rules and then the admin bans you - but I don´t, naturally, advice anyone to broke the rules.

The most simple, just log out and don´t return.

sister herb
04-23-2016, 01:38 PM

Yep, extra rep points for the suggestions. As long as it's not "Ban Farhan" :D.
Like this?

Oops, I meant, not like this...

noraina
04-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Mutiny! Does IB have any history of anti-Admin movements? The members here seem thirsty for an uprising. :D

Seriously, the staff, including bro Farhan, are doing a great job Alhamdulillah. I prefer this forum to others because of the hard work of the moderators. JazakAllah khayr.

sister herb
04-23-2016, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Mutiny! Does IB have any history of anti-Admin movements? The members here seem thirsty for an uprising. :D
Actually here have been many, but their organizers have disappered by mysterious ways later... most of them. The rumors tell that somewhere on the basement is a forgotten cell for them...

:phew

http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-...nes-li-57.html

noraina
04-23-2016, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Actually here have been many, but their organizers have disappered by mysterious ways later... most of them. The rumors tell that somewhere on the basement is a forgotten cell for them...
Gosh :o So you and me could one day disappear as well if we decided to organise an uprising?

sister herb
04-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Gosh :o So you and me could one day disappear as well if we decided to organise an uprising?
Sure. Better keep our secrets and not to tell them in forum... :omg:

The-Deist
04-23-2016, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
You can just leave like who's gonna force you to come back?? Are you addicted to this forum?;D;D;D
No, I just want people to know I am never coming back.

strivingobserver98
04-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Mutiny! Does IB have any history of anti-Admin movements? The members here seem thirsty for an uprising.
A little mini uprising: http://www.islamicboard.com/feedback...eeeeeeeee.html

He wants everyone to know he is not from Pakistan, do not forget :hiding:.

sister herb
04-23-2016, 07:24 PM
^^ Oh yes, I remember this one because surely he is not from Pakistan. There isn´t any paprikas in Pakistan anyways. Or is there?

noraina
04-23-2016, 07:53 PM
That mini uprising fizzled out quite quickly though, where did Paprika go then in the end? Pakistan?

sister herb
04-23-2016, 08:01 PM
That mini uprising fizzled out quite quickly though, where did Paprika go then in the end? Pakistan?
As I remember, he returned some months ago and still he wasn´t from Pakistan.

strivingobserver98
04-25-2016, 10:38 PM
As I remember, he returned some months ago and still he wasn´t from Pakistan.
Maybe he may return again :outta:.

lonewolf007
04-25-2016, 11:08 PM
I'd be too lazy to be a mod and would ask Farhan to do every little thing for me ;D

strivingobserver98
04-26-2016, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lonewolf007
I'd be too lazy to be a mod and would ask Farhan to do every little thing for me ;D
Would there be anything you would change on the forum? If so what would it be? :)

lonewolf007
04-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Would there be anything you would change on the forum? If so what would it be? :)
Hmm not really and it's nice to see that the mods are active but I would say to be a bit firm wig trolls but other then that it's all good :)

ConcealedGem
04-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Love this forum allahuma barik, the mods are excellent. :)

crimsontide06
04-27-2016, 04:37 PM
I'd make a poll "Do you like sweet tea, as it is made in the U.S"

People who answer "no"= auto ban for life ;D

Muezzin
04-27-2016, 08:15 PM
I actually was a moderator, so if I were a moderator, I would make myself a moderator again ;)

But seriously, beware of trolls. They seem to be crawling out of the woodwork.

Umm Abed
04-27-2016, 08:20 PM

I would make sure each Islamic question get answered by a resident forum scholar as soon as possible and within 3 days.

~ Sabr ~
04-29-2016, 01:55 PM
If my account is not disabled within 3 days, I will get myself banned.
Just don't return?

~ Sabr ~
04-29-2016, 01:56 PM
Ban trolls.

*charisma*
05-02-2016, 01:38 AM
Sell the forum.

05-02-2016, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Sell the forum.
Moderator, not admin/owner :p

BlissfullyJaded
05-02-2016, 06:04 AM
I almost thought this thread was serious, so I was gonna post a serious reply. Guess it's good thing it's not, I just saved myself some time... :hiding:

05-02-2016, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlissfullyJaded
I almost thought this thread was serious, so I was gonna post a serious reply. Guess it's good thing it's not, I just saved myself some time... :hiding:
It is a serious thread

BlissfullyJaded
05-02-2016, 06:28 AM
Is it? And this isn't an attack on the topic starter. But I'm trying to understand the actual need for a topic where the answers are fairly obvious... There is something that made IB special, and that spark is gone. Instead of reviving that spark, I've noticed that key members who played a vital role in shaping this forum are gone instead, which honestly just basically stamped out any chance of revival. Perhaps the forum is intending to go in a totally different direction though, in which case, any legitimate suggestions are useless.

That said, what is the purpose people are joining IB? What is motivating them? What is the attraction? Is it to learn about Islam? Is it better themselves? Is it get closer to Allah by having some connection with fellow Muslims? Or is it for jokes and having fun and whatever else? And I'm not against chilling out. I'm just genuinely curious what the members actually, truly want. Maybe if we figure what they want, it would be better to work from there. :)

05-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Is it? And this isn't an attack on the topic starter. But I'm trying to understand the actual need for a topic where the answers are fairly obvious... There is something that made IB special, and that spark is gone. Instead of reviving that spark, I've noticed that key members who played a vital role in shaping this forum are gone instead, which honestly just basically stamped out any chance of revival. Perhaps the forum is intending to go in a totally different direction though, in which case, any legitimate suggestions are useless.

That said, what is the purpose people are joining IB? What is motivating them? What is the attraction? Is it to learn about Islam? Is it better themselves? Is it get closer to Allah by having some connection with fellow Muslims? Or is it for jokes and having fun and whatever else? And I'm not against chilling out. I'm just genuinely curious what the members actually, truly want. Maybe if we figure what they want, it would be better to work from there. :)
I think what you've just said makes a lot of sense. Being a new member myself (well sort of) and browsing through the old threads, i can genuinely see that many threads that are created these days do not match the standard of those that were created 5-10 years back, and I myself am guilty of this. But there's always hope, there are many sincere and dedicated members here who are trying their best to promote the teachings and values of Islam.
Let's lead the way inshaAllah :)

Edit: Not referring to this thread btw.

greenhill
05-02-2016, 08:36 AM
With such a big archive, it gets harder to start original topics.. as such many topics recurr ...

My observation is echoing the comment made about spreading rep point around. Which means we have to give rep points away (even if we would not normally give them..) so as to comply.

Another point is the closing of some threads due to whatever reasons.. sometimes there are points that could be made but due to timing and stuff, I see it too late to post..

I also observed several one time posters asking some well thought out questions and never to be seen or heard off again .. (which means they don't even introduce themselves).. that is something the forum should take a look at - that it should be made compulsory for each new member to introduce themselves first.

On the whole, this site's objective to promote understanding of islam should be commended..

:peace:

*charisma*
05-02-2016, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
Moderator, not admin/owner
Considering that it seems mods don't have much power, I'd make an educated guess and say that most of these suggestions would be for the admin. I'll await my reps :D

Muhaba
05-03-2016, 10:54 PM
I would have the writing contest at a regular time each year, give three months for submitting stories and a month for voting and at least 3 months raising awareness for the contest prior to the contest so more members could enter. And even hold a short "write a story" course that could encourage people to try their hand at creative writing. this could be an anonymous training so participants could enter the same story in the contest. We've had the contest for years now but still so few members enter that there's no progress or fun.

Nothing else I can think of right now.

Muhaba
05-03-2016, 11:28 PM
And keep the IB serious culture and decrease the chitchat. This place was likeable for its serious culture. Its what made it unique. But I think it has changed. I miss the old IB. It was great as it was. The chitchat culture doesn't suit it. There are other forums like that. And people who want that sort of community can go there. And leave this place to be its old self.

Bhabha
05-03-2016, 11:33 PM
If I was a moderator, I would edit sarcastic and condescending posts all of the time. Lol

Qurratul Ayn
06-03-2016, 10:04 AM
:salamext:

Quite a few members have written about the rep point system where if one person has been repped, they have to spread rep around before repping again, I don't mind that, I like giving out reps.

What I do mind is that when the message comes up I've "given out too much rep in the past 24 hours", I don't approve of it. I'd rather reps be given out all the time but spread the reps around before giving to the same person again. Does that make sense?

Please change it. Or deeply consider the change

That said, what is the purpose people are joining IB? What is motivating them? What is the attraction? Is it to learn about Islam? Is it better themselves? Is it get closer to Allah by having some connection with fellow Muslims? Or is it for jokes and having fun and whatever else? And I'm not against chilling out. I'm just genuinely curious what the members actually, truly want. Maybe if we figure what they want, it would be better to work from there.

I haven't seen you message in ages! :wub: But then again I come and go so often. Excellent observation, my Sister BlissfullyJaded. Times change and people develop and move on, different topics emerge and different members join nd leave. I myself come and go from this forum.

I think, as in all things, the forum began building up slowly, then peaked, then came back down, then became average, peaked again and so on and so forth.

This place is still good, and it's great to see old members still here and there and it's lovely to see new members coming here and developing themselves into full time members, moderators and such.

Keep up the hard work everyone

Take care y'all

'Abd-al Latif
06-03-2016, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
If I was a moderator, I would edit sarcastic and condescending posts all of the time. Lol
Yes because we always need more of these :facepalm:

AabiruSabeel
06-03-2016, 11:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qurratul Ayn
:salamext:

Quite a few members have written about the rep point system where if one person has been repped, they have to spread rep around before repping again, I don't mind that, I like giving out reps.

What I do mind is that when the message comes up I've "given out too much rep in the past 24 hours", I don't approve of it. I'd rather reps be given out all the time but spread the reps around before giving to the same person again. Does that make sense?

Please change it. Or deeply consider the change
:wasalam:

:jz: to everyone for your excellent suggestions. We are starting to implement them one by one :ia:.

The reputation spread limit is now decreased and the daily rep limit is increased to 25. Enjoy repping :)

The limits are there to prevent abuse of the system. We don't want people to take out their personal grudge on anyone by serially neg-repping someone, right?

Insignificant
06-03-2016, 12:24 PM
....ittaqulah

The-Deist
06-03-2016, 12:42 PM
If I were a moderator, I would delete my account because I am still gettting emails

sister herb
06-03-2016, 01:06 PM
If I were a moderator, I would delete my account because I am still gettting emails
No need to be moderator for this: Open new email address, change it here and then, never open it again. You´ll never get emails from here again.

The-Deist
06-03-2016, 01:15 PM
No need to be moderator for this: Open new email address, change it here and then, never open it again. You´ll never get emails from here again.
I need my old email. So can a moderator do their job.

sister herb
06-03-2016, 01:33 PM
^^ They have informed you many times that they don´t delete accounts. Just change your email to the settings of this forum and you´ll never hear this place again. So simple.

AabiruSabeel
06-03-2016, 01:37 PM
We have disabled your subscriptions. You won't receive any emails now :ia:

noraina
06-03-2016, 01:38 PM
If you go onto your settings, then unsubscribe from all your threads, and click on the option of not automatically subscribing, and uncheck the boxes for getting PM notifications, and then uncheck the box for receiving Admin emails.

I have done all of these and I have not received a single email from IB since I joined.

And then you can log out and never return - on the FAQ it says the staff rarely ever delete accounts.

'Abd-al Latif
06-03-2016, 02:47 PM
I need my old email. So can a moderator do their job.
It depends. Can you say "please"?

LaSorcia
06-03-2016, 10:27 PM
The section at the bottom of the page, where it says, "similar threads"- I think it would be a good idea to set a cut-off date. Some of them are nearly 10 years old and it often isn't relevant to reply to such an old thread.

Scimitar
06-04-2016, 11:10 AM
If i were a moderator, I'd be a mooderator :D

Bhabha
06-05-2016, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Yes because we always need more of these :facepalm:
Wait a minute... is that.. I that what I think it is :facepalm:

'Abd-al Latif
06-05-2016, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
Wait a minute... is that.. I that what I think it is :facepalm:
I dunno. What do you think?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.