/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nasheed concerts - to go or not to go

anonymous
04-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Salam

this an issue that really creates a divide amongst my family as on one side we have members of my family who attend these events with great anticipation and then you have me the boring one who avoids such events.

I think for those who have attended such events they will understand my reasons. For a start there's a complete disregard for segregation and this leads to many evils especially in an environment where there's a considerable audience of youth with most not even observing the most basic hijab. than there's the atmosphere which resembles a western pop concert with the girls drooling over the performed with no sense of self control. I just find the whole concept inappropriate.

I've explained my reason for refraining from such events but I'm countered with arguments that only a minority who behave in an immoral manner.

Also is there no fitna when women are watching young men performing or am I being extreme?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
04-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

I personally have never been to one and i do not intend to go to one if i am honest.

Number 1 - There is difference of opinion on nasheeds as to whether it is allowed or not.

Number 2 - The reasons that you have mentioned are everything that goes against Islam. Free-mixing should be avoided as much as possible.

Number 3 - In Islam we are encouraged to stay away from what is deemed to be doubtful so if there is something in you that thinks this is wrong then avoid it. Don't give in to the pressure that you may feel from your family. Stay firm and be assertive in your decision and insha Allah they won't keep asking you to tag along.

Number 4 - Even the terminology used 'concert' is mimicking non-muslims and we should try not to imitate non-muslims.

People look for inspiration & motivation in different ways and for me personally i love getting my inspiration from Quranic stories and the lives of the prophets peace be upon them all. You'll find a lot of wisdom reading about Islamic history. Alhamdulilah.

noraina
04-23-2016, 04:26 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Recently there was Sami Yusuf concert in Birmingham, I really like listening to his nasheeds but neither me nor my parents thought it was good idea to go. Many of my friends went, Allahu al'am, there could be worse concerts they are attending and I don't think badly of them.

For me personally, even if that may not be what the actual artist intends, if he is young and good-looking then some women will begin screaming and shouting praises for him which doesn't look good all around, I wish they could either segregate it or those girls could control themselves maybe. It can become like a regular celebrity concert no matter what the content or intention may be. Again, there are worst concerts you could attend with alcohol or indecent music and clothing so whatever you are comfortable with.

anonymous
04-24-2016, 07:29 AM
I like Sami as an artist and indeed listen to some his material but the whole concept of the concerts I find cringeworthy. All you can hear is screaming and clapping. I think I'm fully justified in my stance but some members have taken offence at my views lol. To the extent they've been blanking me since I voiced my opinions. I've just seen some clips and how can anyone say they can leave such an environment without sinning . It's simple as that in my opinion. With the lack of any segregation and music which by its nature changes a person's state I think there's only harm in these events.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ConcealedGem
04-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Don't go.. It doesn't make any sense to go, ask yourself if it's purposeful, it's not like going to a concert will rapidly increase your iman سبحان الله , if anything it will make it worse seeing as Sami Yusuf uses musical instruments..Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.