/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Confused and Searching for the Truth

MuhammadIbrahim
04-23-2016, 08:51 AM
I need to know the reason of creating human beings. Why did Allah create Adam, allow him to enjoy everything in the paradise, and forbidden him from eating from one tree? What was the concept? Allah has created me from blood and flesh, so there are physical needs which must be fulfilled in a Halal way, but if Someone can't fulfill them this way. I know you will say [patience]. Why should one suffer from the inner conflict? I know you will say because the paradise will be the reward, but what is the concept behind that all; this suffering. Why do we have to suffer either in this worldly life or in the hereafter? Why?
I can't remember doing anything wrong before coming to this life. Why should I be suffering?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuhammadIbrahim
04-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Is there anybody who can answer me?

MuhammadIbrahim
04-23-2016, 09:05 AM
It seems nobody can answer that.:omg:

noraina
04-23-2016, 10:53 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

Mankind was created to worship Allah SWT, that is our main purpose as is written in the Qur'an. The reason the Prophet Adam (AS) was forbidden from eating the fruit of one tree in Heaven was because it was a test, Allah SWT gave him this first 'commandment' so to speak, this responsibility, and He gave mankind a freewill, a choice to do good or bad. In a moment of weakness, the Prophet Adam (AS) did eat the fruit, and Allah SWT sent him away from Jannah because of his disobedience.

The vital point thought, is that Allah SWT forgave him, for He is the all-Merciful, and that this was meant to happen, Allah SWT knew this was going to happen. That fact of mankind coming to earth is not a negative one, it is part of the fundamental part of Islam that we are in this dunya as a trial. Adam (AS) was sent to the dunya in order that he may struggle to obey God and ultimately, one day, return to Jannah, there would be no point in the Day of Judgement or free will if we lived a perfect life in Jannah from the start. Every single human soul is created in Jannah first, that is our first home, and inshaAllah Allah SWT has guaranteed that if we obey His commandments we will return to that home we always long for.

Allah SWT doesn't give you trials necessarily because you have done something wrong. This is like what I said above, if this life was perfect, then what would be the point of the final Judgement or Jannah? Allah SWT tests those who are close to Him, if you look at the Prophets of Islam, they suffered so much, the worst of trials, and yet they were among the most beloved to Him. “Or do you think that you shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: “When (will come) the help of Allah.” Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near!” (2:214)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
04-23-2016, 11:07 AM
Sometimes I get tempted to just give up.. But one can't do that. It just makes the trials more, yeah.

But you know what? you can do it!

don't see around you, of what people enjoy of life - that could be a punishment in disguise! Look, the rich, who lives his life satisfying his desires, and gets all that he wishes - that is the worldly life. But the hereafter is better. Allah may punish someone by hastening all the good in this world.. Saving the punishment for the hereafter..

Allah may hasten good for someone - not necessarily because Allah loves him. Rather it could be the GREATEST curse / or whatever you wanna call it.. The one who lives his life in pleasure will be like "What do I need religion for anyway?" they don't realise that they need Allah! What a terrible state!

Allah may punish someone by giving all the slave wants, as such the slave thinks that he is living 'the life' and thinking he doesn't need religion or God, or Islam.

These calamities are for our own good. :)

MuhammadIbrahim
05-16-2016, 12:27 PM
Dear brother, Serinity,
I had known about all what you have mentioned before I read it, but I believe it isn't our mind which can ease us; it's our hearts. Listening to the holy Quraan eases hearts and relieves pain. I want to thank you for your very good post! I appreciated it.
P.S.: Please, forgive me for the late respond!

Serinity
05-16-2016, 02:34 PM
Don't worry about it, and I agree 100% with you!

EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Sometimes I get tempted to just give up.. But one can't do that. It just makes the trials more, yeah.

But you know what? you can do it!

don't see around you, of what people enjoy of life - that could be a punishment in disguise! Look, the rich, who lives his life satisfying his desires, and gets all that he wishes - that is the worldly life. But the hereafter is better. Allah may punish someone by hastening all the good in this world.. Saving the punishment for the hereafter..

Allah may hasten good for someone - not necessarily because Allah loves him. Rather it could be the GREATEST curse / or whatever you wanna call it.. The one who lives his life in pleasure will be like "What do I need religion for anyway?" they don't realise that they need Allah! What a terrible state!

Allah may punish someone by giving all the slave wants, as such the slave thinks that he is living 'the life' and thinking he doesn't need religion or God, or Islam.

These calamities are for our own good. :)
I agree that money isn't everything in life, far from it but only a fool would think money isn't important. Yes there are some terrible people in this world which make more money than I could ever dream of but they're the worst kind of people.

If you put in the effort and work hard we can all enjoy the fruits of life that Allah has provided for us. Go travelling, give good zakat, buy nice things and live an enjoyable life. Being a Muslim should not prevent us to want to enjoy life while we're here... and money helps us do that. Make all the dua you want but you ain't driving a ferrari unless you got the cash :shade:

Just as long as we remember not to make money the centre of our lives... because that is where things can go wrong.

This is the car someone I know has

Foaming at the mouth :love::Emoji52:

Serinity
05-16-2016, 02:50 PM
Money is a provision from Allah SWT. Just like food is important for our survival, so is money in this day and age.

But for some, money can be a curse, for others, a blessing. and if you can afford a ferrari, then good. But it won't help you on the day of judgment. The only thing that you'll have with you is your deeds, Imaan, and knowledge. Allahu alam.

Perhaps you could derive some rewards from a hypercar?

Not saying you aren't allowed to have a nice, car, PC, etc. Obv you are, but if you can't afford it, then don't buy it.

To me, supercars, etc. Are awesome etc. But I see hypercars etc. as superficial. Allahu alam tho. Perhaps for some it isn't. But I don't feel comfortable owning a hypercar... :/

But a nice BMW or Mercedes would be nice. :p

EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Money is a provision from Allah SWT. Just like food is important for our survival, so is money in this day and age.

But for some, money can be a curse, for others, a blessing. and if you can afford a ferrari, then good. But it won't help you on the day of judgment.

Not saying you aren't allowed to have a nice, car, PC, etc. Obv you are, but if you can't afford it, then don't buy it.

To me, supercars, etc. Are awesome etc. But I see hypercars etc. as superficial.
Yeah there gets a point where more doesn't equal better. Like those people who spend £70,000 on a rolex... I mean cmon, it's a watch, it tells the time, just as any other watch. Although with cars, the feeling of the power the car provides and the rush of going fast in them really does feel amazing!

It's not just materialistic objects though, holidays can be very expensive if you want to go somewhere like the Maldives or perhaps a family member is ill and they need surgery which costs a lot. Money is for so much more than buying over priced objects. It's the people who buy to show off that will realise how little value their objects are on judgement day.

Serinity
05-16-2016, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess
Yeah there gets a point where more doesn't equal better. Like those people who spend £70,000 on a rolex... I mean cmon, it's a watch, it tells the time, just as any other watch. Although with cars, the feeling of the power the car provides and the rush of going fast in them really does feel amazing!

It's not just materialistic objects though, holidays can be very expensive if you want to go somewhere like the Maldives or perhaps a family member is ill and they need surgery which costs a lot. Money is for so much more than buying over priced objects. It's the people who buy to show off that will realise how little value their objects are on judgement day.
I love the noise car makes. But lets say you have 200.000$ or something, if you buy a 170.000$ car that is just toooo expensive.

I am interested in PCs. But I feel guilty if I buy more than 1700$ or some crazy 2500$ build it yourself PC.

Why? Cause I see no need, I may WANT something, but do I need it? What would Allah SWT say? How did I spend my money? etc. etc.

It won't benefit us either. I just feel empty if I paid a 1 dollar car, and drove around - I'd feel sick and guilty. Perhaps not others........ But I would.

EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 03:08 PM
I love the noise car makes. But lets say you have 200.000$ or something, if you buy a 170.000$ car that is just toooo expensive.

I am interested in PCs. But I feel guilty if I buy more than 1700$ or some crazy 2500$ build it yourself PC.

Why? Cause I see no need, I may WANT something, but do I need it? What would Allah SWT say? How did I spend my money? etc. etc.

It won't benefit us either. I just feel empty if I paid a 1 dollar car, and drove around - I'd feel sick and guilty. Perhaps not others........ But I would.
Hmm I'm not sure. If Allah has rewarded me or you or someone with money we should feel guilt free in buying nice things. Of course give zakat but it is ok to be wealthy in Islam.

Everyone is different I guess but I am sure Allah made this planet so beautiful so we can enjoy it.

Serinity
05-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Hmm I'm not sure. If Allah has rewarded me or you or someone with money we should feel guilt free in buying nice things. Of course give zakat but it is ok to be wealthy in Islam.

Everyone is different I guess but I am sure Allah made this planet so beautiful so we can enjoy it.
but I feel guilty in using and buying stuff unnecessarily, even if I want it. Yes to enjoy this life is ok. But I feel very very guilty in enjoying the blessing of Allah SWT to fulfill my own selfish desires only and not giving some of the money to the poor.

I once bought a 1000-1200£ laptop, and I felt very guilty.

give thanks to Allah SWT for whatever Allah SWT has given you. Personally, yes if I had 10£ million pounds, I'd use it to buy nice things.

But why did Allah SWT give me 10 million pounds? To test me. Allah SWT will question the wealthy. To give shukran to Allah is also to share with the poor. :p

Remember this life is short, and it is ok to enjoy this life, but one should accumulate as many deeds as possible. And BTW, if you give Zakaat in the cause of Allah SWT:

you do not lose wealth, you gain wealth. you're only sending goodness to your Akhira by giving Zakaat. :)

EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 03:18 PM
but I feel guilty in using and buying stuff unnecessarily, even if I want it. Yes to enjoy this life is ok. But I feel very very guilty in enjoying the blessing of Allah SWT to fulfill my own selfish desires only and not giving some of the money to the poor.

I once bought a 1000-1200£ laptop, and I felt very guilty.

give thanks to Allah SWT for whatever Allah SWT has given you. Personally, yes if I had 10£ million pounds, I'd use it to buy nice things.

But why did Allah SWT give me 10 million pounds? To test me. Allah SWT will question the wealthy. To give shukran to Allah is also to share with the poor. :p

Remember this life is short, and it is ok to enjoy this life, but one should accumulate as many deeds as possible. And BTW, if you give Zakaat in the cause of Allah SWT:

you do not lose wealth, you gain wealth. you're only sending goodness to your Akhira by giving Zakaat. :)
I absolutely agree we should give to the poor. In Islamic law does it specify a percentage of our wealth that should be donating to charity? So 5% of your monthly salary or something like this? Or whatever you can afford?

Gosh you make me feel so bad now for spending £350 on a pair of shoes :embarrass

Serinity
05-16-2016, 03:21 PM
I absolutely agree we should give to the poor. In Islamic law does it specify a percentage of our wealth that should be donating to charity? So 5% of your monthly salary or something like this? Or whatever you can afford?

Gosh you make me feel so bad now for spending £350 on a pair of shoes :embarrass
minimum obligatory Zakaat is 2.5 % of your wealth. Afaik.

Personally I just feel very guilty in overbuying stuff.

I'd max use 70 $ on shoes tbh. Everyone is different. I don't see much benefit in using 1000$ on shoes. It is just shoes, and I am not that self-conscious to care how my shoes look - as long as it looks clean enough.

my desire says "yes buy it, I want it" but something else makes me feel guilty, perhaps because I know that Allah SWT gave me wealth, and as such I'd feel guilty in wasting it away on stuff I could've used on something else.

EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 03:28 PM
minimum obligatory Zakaat is 2.5 % of your wealth. Afaik.

Personally I just feel very guilty in overbuying stuff.

I'd max use 70 $ on shoes tbh. Everyone is different. I don't see much benefit in using 1000$ on shoes. It is just shoes, and I am not that self-conscious to care how my shoes look - as long as it looks clean enough.

my desire says "yes buy it, I want it" but something else makes me feel guilty, perhaps because I know that Allah SWT gave me wealth, and as such I'd feel guilty in wasting it away on stuff I could've used on something else.
Well you have good self control alhamdulillah. Plus you're not a woman so you won't understand about shoes :p

If I see a pair of shoes I love I will nag my father endlessly until he buys me them hehe. When I get my own job I will certainly give zakat and when I "shuffle off this mortal coil" I'll leave some money for my children Inshallah but donate the rest.

Serinity
05-16-2016, 03:33 PM
Well you have good self control alhamdulillah. Plus you're not a woman so you won't understand about shoes :p

If I see a pair of shoes I love I will nag my father endlessly until he buys me them hehe. When I get my own job I will certainly give zakat and when I "shuffle off this mortal coil" I'll leave some money for my children Inshallah but donate the rest.
Yeh, just like you wouldn't understand if I bought an expensive PC, with a GTX 980, CPU i7 6700k, and that awesome 16GB 1866Mhz ram. That awesome motherboard with over-clocking ability, oh and it can go on SLI too!

You'd think "Why not just buy a pre-built? And go medium? It is just a game, who cares about graphics, duh"

greenhill
05-16-2016, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuhammadIbrahim
Dear brother, Serinity,
I had known about all what you have mentioned before I read it, but I believe it isn't our mind which can ease us; it's our hearts. Listening to the holy Quraan eases hearts and relieves pain. I want to thank you for your very good post! I appreciated it.
P.S.: Please, forgive me for the late respond!
Perhaps, but there is a fine line, I believe.

From what I get, it is like pain. The suffering. The antidote is, in modern medicinal terms, painkillers. But that works physically. The Quran, is more 'spiritual'.

Although the miracle of Allah can work in ways not known to us, understanding it in context and using relevant parts of it as a guide, because we 1) understand it 2) see the relevance in it to what it is we are facing 3) act on it because that is the way etc will be the as sure a way that the heart would start to feel joy.

The mind is key. And it can find a way to change the heart. If it can't it will always be in conflict (well, not always), or it could be in denial..

If the heart is trained well, it can be a beautiful thing.

We don't want plasters and painkillers.

:peace:

EgyptPrincess
05-16-2016, 03:36 PM
Yeh, just like you wouldn't understand if I bought an expensive PC, with a GTX 980, CPU i7 6700k, and that awesome 16GB 1866Mhz ram. That awesome motherboard with over-clocking ability, oh and it can go on SLI too!

You'd think "Why not just buy a pre-built? And go medium? It is just a game, who cares about graphics, duh"
:exhausted sounds like gobbledygook lol. As long as it plays the sims :D

greenhill
05-16-2016, 03:36 PM
But coming to the OP....

I suggest you watch Jeffrey Lang on YouTube. The Purpose of Life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifllgTA2pmY

It's about 93mins short. He was on to a good thing, but had to rush the final bit.. sad...

Let me know if he did not hit the spot.

Cpt.America
05-17-2016, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
But coming to the OP....

I suggest you watch Jeffrey Lang on YouTube. The Purpose of Life. youtube.com/watch?v=ifllgTA2pmY

It's about 93mins short. He was on to a good thing, but had to rush the final bit.. sad...

Let me know if he did not hit the spot.

Excellent advice in that video Mashallah. Should cover all of OPs questions from the post I think.

Cpt.America
05-17-2016, 04:06 AM
I agree that money isn't everything in life, far from it but only a fool would think money isn't important. Yes there are some terrible people in this world which make more money than I could ever dream of but they're the worst kind of people.

If you put in the effort and work hard we can all enjoy the fruits of life that Allah has provided for us. Go travelling, give good zakat, buy nice things and live an enjoyable life. Being a Muslim should not prevent us to want to enjoy life while we're here... and money helps us do that. Make all the dua you want but you ain't driving a ferrari unless you got the cash :shade:

Just as long as we remember not to make money the centre of our lives... because that is where things can go wrong.

This is the car someone I know has
458 italia?

Lol that surely can't be his daily driver though. Ferraris are usually reserved as track cars or secondary cars.

Money is important.
But we have to remember that our provision comes from Allah
Wealth is something that may be tested in life, as in sometimes we will have wealth and we must remember to be grateful to Allah for it.
And sometimes that wealth may be taken from us
as a test, and we must remember it is not the wealth that was important, as money is only a matter of this world, and still turn to Allah.

If we have the means to buy nice things, then by all means, there is nothing wrong in buying nice things. (Everyone likes nice clothes, nice homes, good food, and fast cars.)
But at the same time we should keep in mind, if I start spending more on myself, then it is best that I should also start spending more on the poor.

"The Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him said, “Eat, drink, dress and give charity, but without extravagance or arrogance.” (Sunan An-Nasaa’ee: 2559)

As the Qur’an states, “Say, ‘Who has forbidden the adornment of Allah, which He has brought forth for His servants and the good things, clean and pure, which Allah has provided for them?’ Say, ‘They are [lawful] for the believers in the present life but they shall be exclusively for them on the Day of Resurrection.’ Thus We explain Our signs for a people who understand.” (Soorat Al-A‛raaf, 7:32)"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.