/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inviting over

goodwill
04-23-2016, 08:35 PM
Greetings, new here! This question may well expose my ignorance. We have neighbors who are Muslim. If we invite them over to share a meal with us, is the fact that we have a dog in the house an issue at all? Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 02:23 AM
:welcome:
i dont think thats an issue. having a dog at their own house can be one but not at your house.

ps. they might not want to get licked by your dog though. so try to keep it away in the meantime

ardianto
04-24-2016, 03:08 AM
Greeting goodwill, welcome to the forum.

My Christian neighbor have two dogs, and I have no problem to visit their home. They always guard their dogs to not 'annoy' the guest.

But to be honest, I don't know about your Muslim neighbor, because as human, a Muslim can be different than other Muslims, although I hope your Muslim neighbor have no problem to visit your home.

:)

sister herb
04-24-2016, 06:50 AM
Hello to you and welcome to forum. I would advice you to ask this matter from your neighbors before they come to visit to your home. Basicly, better to keep the dog in another room. Anyways, some Muslims like dogs and they might have dogs too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
04-24-2016, 08:10 AM
have a look at this site
www.islamreligion.com they have a lot of good articles that are pretty simple for you to inshaallah understand a little about what your neighbours believe
inshaallah i think you will find this useful and it will hopefully help you understand where they are coming from
as for your dog question it really depends on the individual. some wont mind others may be a little freaked out. perhaps ask them
if need be you can keep the dog locked in a room while they enjoy their dinner

~ Sabr ~
04-26-2016, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Hello to you and welcome to forum. I would advice you to ask this matter from your neighbors before they come to visit to your home. Basicly, better to keep the dog in another room. Anyways, some Muslims like dogs and they might have dogs too.
Islamically you are not allowed to keep dogs.

~ Sabr ~
04-26-2016, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by goodwill
Greetings, new here! This question may well expose my ignorance. We have neighbors who are Muslim. If we invite them over to share a meal with us, is the fact that we have a dog in the house an issue at all? Thanks.
I think the main issue would be that you guys eat pork on the same plates...

ardianto
04-26-2016, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
I think the main issue would be that you guys eat pork on the same plates...
If the plate has been washed by water and soap, then it's okay for Muslim to use it.

goodwill
04-30-2016, 02:46 PM
Happy to report that dinner was a success. The furry critter behaved himself. Thanks to all the well-wishers offering helpful hints.

sister herb
04-30-2016, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
Islamically you are not allowed to keep dogs.
I know, thanks for reminding this but still many Muslims like dogs or (even) have them. So because of this, some may deal with tolerance when they meet someone´s dog.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.