/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we pray when we are on our monthly cycles?

Khalid Saifullah
04-24-2016, 12:35 AM
A dear friend of mine explained it to me and it blew me away. May Allaah protect her always.

There is not a deed as great as the prayer. And no one is excused from it under any circumstances. Even men in battles are commanded to pray in whatever way they can.

But the only time a servant of Allaah is entirely excused from praying and from even making up the missed prayers is when as a woman you suffer from all the difficulties that come with menstruation.

I love how my friend worded the wisdom behind it.

"Allaah has mercy on you because He knows no one around you will"

Your boss doesn't care if you come late to work, because you were suffering with cramps in the morning. Your children don't demand any less on those days of weakness and tiredness. Your husband doesn't have any more patience with your mood swings, when sadness or anger overwhelms you for no reason. When you step out, nobody knows how much your body either aches or how much your mind is distracted by incessant thoughts. You are on your own.

So, Allaah the Most Merciful, Ar-Raheem, Ar Rahman, removes His obligation on you because no one else will. We could've been commanded to make them up - if the reason was purely taharah (purity) but we weren't. He gives us a break when no one will.

The other time a woman is excused is when she has given birth. Her body, her mind labours to bring another life into the world and becomes occupied with taking care of it - and again Allaah excuses her.

This is what makes me fall in love with Allah and Islam even more. For only Allah could know intricate details of our struggle and give us what we need the most - mercy.

By NadaUmm Nour

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-24-2016, 01:13 AM
Subhan Allah the beauty of Islam.

Even when we are travelling we are allowed to shorten our prayers to 2 rakats :). Allah :swt: makes everything easy for us.

raheela shaikh
11-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Mashallah ....

raheela shaikh
11-02-2016, 06:03 PM
What about cant perform tawaf n haj n even reading quran.?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.