/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is aqeedah a difficult/boring subject for general muslims?

budi.sudaryo
04-24-2016, 02:32 AM
:sl:

Do you think aqeedah is a rather uninteresting, abstract topic for common muslims? It seems like almost every time I brought the subject people would seem puzzled or give the confused nod and the topic would die, even in a majlis, except with serious students of knowledge. If so, why do you think it is?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-24-2016, 03:15 AM
:wa:

Personally I don't think aqeedah as difficult or boring subject. But I see it as sensitive subject that can lead some Muslims easily accuse other Muslims as deviant. That's why I often avoid discuss of this subject. Maybe other Muslims who avoid discuss about aqeedah think like me too.

budi.sudaryo
04-24-2016, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
:wa:

Personally I don't think aqeedah as difficult or boring subject. But I see it as sensitive subject that can lead some Muslims easily accuse other Muslims as deviant. That's why I often avoid discuss of this subject. Maybe other Muslims who avoid discuss about aqeedah think like me too.
that is one possible explanation, but I was referring to more general muslims who are not even aware that "aqeedah wars" exist :D

ardianto
04-24-2016, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by budi.sudaryo
that is one possible explanation, but I was referring to more general muslims who are not even aware that "aqeedah wars" exist :D
Are you talking about Muslims in Indonesia?.

Oh, bro, they don't even know about the difference between Sunni and Shia. What they know is only the difference between NU, Muhammadiyah, and Persis.

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
budi.sudaryo
04-24-2016, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Are you talking about Muslims in Indonesia?.

Oh, bro, they don't even know about the difference between Sunni and Shia. What they know is only the difference between NU, Muhammadiyah, and Persis.

:D
Yes in Indonesia lol. But it's true, it can get abstract when you delve into the deeper aspects of aqeedah, the theological and philosophical sides of it.

s.ali123
04-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Obviously Aqeedah is important. But the thing is that in today's time, there are much more important topics which are making people leave Islam. I can only speak from my personal experience in Pakistan. People have formed big groups there based on Aqeedah. And general public only see them labeling on another based on aqeedah issues which they don't even feel much concerned about. So in short, aqeedah is important, but when it is left in the hands of furious khateeb and people, who don't understand tolerance and having a difference of opinion, it starts to create grouping among Muslims. And this grouping and labeling is also turning many muslims in my country away from religion. They say that the religious leaders are always fighting and labeling etc, where should we go! One group is kafir according to other, and don't even want to offer prayer behind the person of another group :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.