/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i hate kids! what do i do????

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 10:36 AM
alo and :sl: everyone.
now everybody put yo guns down! no ones hatin. i just need some advice.

i'll be meeting my cousins for the first time EVER in two days. they're coming from boston,MA. my grandparents are coming too. actually its kind of some family gathering i guess. and i've never been to weddings or family gatherings.

my mom has asked me to act normal around them i'm going to do that.yeah sounds hard but i AM, i'll try. before this my mom always used to ask me to leave the house if someone was coming :( (in wales, but now we're in pakistan so thats not happening) .i guess i'll handle the elders but i dont know what to do about the kids. i've never spend more than 15 minutes with kids or babies.

as for babies, i try to act nice around them...like if i'm simply looking at them...they'll be giving that i'm-going-to-tell-my-mom look and when i smile...they start crying!

as for kids...well there are about 2 or 3 kids i've liked in my entire life! all the others...they just want everything, like yeah everythings yours! they are annoying! i dont want to sound like a mad hatter but....i guess i am one.

BUT, its not my fault they dont understand the language of humans!what's worse? all my cousins, i mean as far as i know are under 11 or 12. i've talked to them once on skype and they seem to be wild and trynna be cool and funny...and when someone who's not funny thinks they're funny...aggghhhhhhhh...and they seem to act as if they're older than me, telling me i look like i'm singaporean and teasing me over the fact that i'm adopted...they think i care -_- and that it's funny -_-

how do i act nice??? i've tried playing with them( safu kaka(my grandparents driver)'s kids) for practice...and they ended up crying. i didn't do anything! we were just playing the stupid hide and seek game and i caught them and be like bhaaaaa!...and they started crying...then i tried to act human to them and tried talking about different stuff and they understood nothing -_-. my neighbours family also came from USA this week and i tried to mix with them, like maybe safu kaka's kids didn't get my english so...but they acted no different. they were NO different. making fun of my british accent, i mean copying whatever i said, as if i'm the kid and they're my elders!

what's worse? i have a bad temper....

help?!?! advice?

shout out to the big brothers and sisters @noraina @Hamza :) @ConcealedGem @Kiro @Serinity @sister herb @farhan @Umm Abed @anyone else?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
04-24-2016, 10:45 AM
:salam:

I am not good with kids, ya know.. I was..... I think I am........ But.. Yeah, just talk with them, play football with them - don't let them near the computer! I MEAN IT!

And when kids go outside, they'll stay outside, so be a bit 'bossy'.......... I guess. When I was a kid, I didn't want to go outside, they forced me to, and when I was outside, I didn't want to go inside! they'd force me inside! I was outside till 9 PM!

So I guess that is how kids work - if you want them outside - they won't..... And when you want them inside, they won't. I think.

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 10:49 AM
so @Serinity you mean i have to show them i'm the boss when their trynna be cool. no concessions.;D

what if they tell their mom and dad?

they dont understand the language of humans! how do you get them to talk to you? like you want chocolate is the only way? but i cant share chocolate...instead i'm going to eat theirs too...

ConcealedGem
04-24-2016, 10:52 AM
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله sis

Nawwww how cute. Remember to have the right attitude and mindset, make their time worthwhile and act as a good host, that is key, make them feel like they are welcome and in sha Allah play around with them to make it easy for the elders in your family.. If you don't play with them do you really want them to play within themselves? What's the point of them going on holiday then?

If I were you I'd play teacher/boss and make them all sit in a circle in one room.. I was in the same situation as you last week and what I did was find something that we all like to do and start from there. (I actually made all of them test me on my Quran and we all read surah Rahman together :p)

Also remember the amount of rewards Allah azzawajal will give you, do it for the sake of Allah so it can be accepted in sha Allah and remember to stay positive!! Save the grumpiness for later okay. Or even take them out, go exploring, you live in Pakistan... I'm not sure how young the kids are but do something safe iA, if they're really young just chill outside your crib, play sports with them like badminton or football..

May Allah accept it from you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
04-24-2016, 10:55 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I adore kids and I am quite good with them, if I don't admit myself.

With ALL children, no matter what age, you have to be kind and patient, but firm. They need to know you are in charge otherwise they will walk all over you, trust me. With toddlers, just be pleasant with them, speak with baby-tones, play imaginary games - if they cry it is nothing to be concerned about, I just take them to their mother. They're quite easy to handle

With older children, especially 10-year-olds, be a little more firm. Speak to them nicely, control what they fiddle with or do. If they have too much attitude, or are really getting out of control, gently tell them off or warn them. And if they really misbehave, report them to their mothers - who should be the ones taking care of their behaviour tbh. I don't put up with rudeness - they go straight to their mother and get the grilling of their lives.

Otherwise kids are quite easy to handle. Be kind to them, but make sure they respect you. :)

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 11:09 AM
so you all mean i make sure they know i'm the boss and if something wrong happens i tell their moms. but how am i going to do that? i'm the ill-mannered one...everyone, especially my mom is going to be like no! its you! its all your fault! u must have eaten their chocolate!

I'll come back here the day after tomorrow and i'll ask you some more questions. for now i'm going to consider everything you said.

thanks! :BeRightBack:

sister herb
04-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Sorry can´t give good advices as I have same - I haven´t never liked kids at all and I have tried to avoid them as well as I can. :heated:

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 11:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Sorry can´t give good advices as I have same - I haven´t never liked kids at all and I have tried to avoid them as well as I can. :heated:
so i'm not the only one! yhasss!:coolious::bump1:

noraina
04-24-2016, 11:33 AM
I adore children so much, ma'sha'Allah :D - although younger ones. For some reason, boys who are in the age range of 8-12 make it their life's mission to be little brats and misbehave when there are not adults around.

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I adore children so much, ma'sha'Allah - although younger ones. For some reason, boys who are in the age range of 8-12 make it their life's mission to be little brats and misbehave when there are not adults around.
i guess i can handle the 8-12 range...trying my kung fu with them and i guess they can play basketball and badminton. as for the misbehavior....*as if i've got manners and...*. when there are no adults around ...i guess i'm going to be more evil and bossy, we can fight! i can eat their food..;D atleast they wont complain to mommy right? or do kids that age also do it???

the younger ones....how do they understand what you're telling them? they dont understand the language of humans! they just want my kitkat and pringles i guess!

noraina
04-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Sis, I don't think I'd recommend physical violence :D, boys tend to be quite testing so if you can leave them to their own thing playing football or cricket outside.

Young children are extremely sweet, and you can speak to them. Three to four year-olds are capable of a good amount of conversation, just speak to them very clearly with simpler language, I find it so cute listening to their replies. They can befriend you quite quickly as well - read them stories if you want, make up stories in your head to tell them, it isn't hard to keep their attention actually.

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 12:21 PM
well... i have no idea what they'll be like, their ages or interests blah blah blah. i guess i should ask what to do about them when they're here tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow i guess.

sister herb
04-24-2016, 12:42 PM
Around 2 years kids are the most terrible. I had once one student, who had to take hers 2 years old with her to the lessons. No way to teach anything while this little cute monster took all the attention. While she tried to fall down from the chairs or tables or if not, she all the time tried to push objects into an electrical outlets.

:heated:

If her´s mom didn´t notice her all the time, then... endless screaming.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.