/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do I have enough to offer this potential spouse?

Mustafa16
04-24-2016, 09:48 PM
I want to get married early, so I am planning on getting a two year degree.....the girl I had in mind is my childhood friend, who lives in another state (one bordering my state)......but I do not have much to offer....I have autism, ADHD, OCD, panic disorder, take multiple medications, and I am not getting a driver's license until I am 18, and she lives far away....the average base salary of a bookkeeper in Atlanta is about 40000 a year (in dollars) and that is the job I can get with the major I plan on getting....also, her father is an imam, and I know they don't make much money...In high school so far (I am in 11th grade) I have a 82.4 Grade pint average, but this semester it is about an 88.....I pray 5 times a day, and often do supererogatory prayers, I don't listen to music (although in our community not listening to music is not seen as important), I eat non zabiha meat, I fast during Ramadan, I plan on paying zakat, I plan on going on hajj, I won't talk to namahrams, and I attend Friday prayer, eid celebrations, etc. and I often have trouble respecting my mother (she is single, so no discipline without a father). However, people say I am kind and honest.....
I was also considering radiologic technician or dental hygienist as a job. how important is pay, and what factors make a muslimah want to marry a muslim?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
04-24-2016, 10:40 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

To be honest, that's for her to figure out. If she wants to marry you, then it wouldn't matter that you don't have much to offer, and if she doesn't you could have everything and she'll still not accept. That's the reality. But you have to be confident; don't feel bad just because you may have some disorders or don't make enough money, and don't stress yourself out over one girl because she may not be the one you'll end up with. The worst thing to do to yourself is be hung up about one person. I've rejected guys who seemed perfect in every way, but for whatever reason, I wasn't destined to accept them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.