/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Music and islam !

aay_k
04-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Lately I have been questioning myself because I have seen so many posts regarding this .... If anyone can help me do guide JazakAllah khair ... I am a muslim girl Alhamdulillah I do hijab ,I complete every sunnah I can as far I recite and pray too but the only thing that itches me is "is listening to music will make all this go in vain" . I only listen to music when doing my homework and sometimes when in the car (mostly not) I mostly listen to songs which don't use abusive harsh words and most of all the songs are just limited to listening it never provokes me to do sin . So I wanted to ask still should I quit if its no harm to whatever I do ....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
04-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Musical instruments other than the duff, and possibly the flute, are haram by the ijma (consensus) of scholars..regardless of the lyrics..and musical instruments are only to be played on special occasions, like weddings, and Eid.

Mustafa16
04-25-2016, 08:56 PM
However, nasheeds with singing only is allowed

Bhabha
04-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Is it talking about music that is made by instruments that were used during the time of our prophet (PBUH) to engage in idol worship?

Because it does not mention the piano or other kind of instruments used to make music. As there is no mention of computers, vehicles, cell phones, etc. So how about music that is made through technological instruments? Creates sounds? These sounds are then translated into waves?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
revertsister88
04-25-2016, 09:18 PM
Assalam alaikum

I too would be interested to know more about the permissibility of music - in the UK music is everywhere, you almost cannot escape it wherever you go!

Kiro
04-26-2016, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aay_k
Lately I have been questioning myself because I have seen so many posts regarding this .... If anyone can help me do guide JazakAllah khair ... I am a muslim girl Alhamdulillah I do hijab ,I complete every sunnah I can as far I recite and pray too but the only thing that itches me is "is listening to music will make all this go in vain" . I only listen to music when doing my homework and sometimes when in the car (mostly not) I mostly listen to songs which don't use abusive harsh words and most of all the songs are just limited to listening it never provokes me to do sin . So I wanted to ask still should I quit if its no harm to whatever I do ....
format_quote Originally Posted by revertsister88
Assalam alaikum

I too would be interested to know more about the permissibility of music - in the UK music is everywhere, you almost cannot escape it wherever you go!

<br>

aay_k
04-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Jazak Allah :) that helped alot and i saw that video of mufti menk too that was also great :) May Allah guide us all to the right path ameeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.