/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My First Ramadan

revertsister88
04-25-2016, 10:02 PM
Assalamu alaikum

It is my first Ramadan coming up and I am excited but nervous as I think I will be alone quite a lot for the month - any tips from other reverts who may have been in a similar position?

I have joined a sisters group at the local masjid (although I say local, it is a 45 minute drive away!) and so I hope to be able to share iftar with them some nights inshaAllah but the rest of the time I am likely to be at home alone and I have read so much about how people are looking forward to Ramadan and it is such a great time alhamdulillah and I want to feel this way too.

Are there any certain sunnahs I should read during Ramadan?

JazakaAllah khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
04-25-2016, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by revertsister88
Are there any certain sunnahs I should read during Ramadan?
breaking fast and starting fast dua :shade:

strivingobserver98
04-26-2016, 06:53 PM
:wa:

Hope you have an amazing first Ramadan! You'll definitely enjoy it :).

Stay close with your local sisters and attend Ramadan events for sisters too.

Here is a handy Ramadhan dua list, save the thread or print it out to keep reference: http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...duaa-list.html

revertsister88
04-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Thank you :) I am looking forward to it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
04-26-2016, 07:29 PM
The joy of Ramadan is one of the things what make me Muslim...Although you dont have real community over there you can live this joy here in internet with us.

revertsister88
04-26-2016, 07:42 PM
JazakaAllah khair brother that is kind :) thank you. InshaAllah this will be the first of many amazing Ramadans to come.

lonewolf007
04-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Aww sis it's an amazing feeling honestly it's like a legit buzz high lol. visit the mosque and go to sister circles etc and it really will benefit you being in good company subhan'Allah, also every now and then watch a few short Islamic reminders on YouTube it's pretty awesome and it's good to be reminded as we tend to get but lazy every now and then.

Remember the whole ummah in your duas sis and I'll keep you in mine :statisfie

noraina
04-27-2016, 10:16 AM
Wa Alaykum Assalam,

Sis, Ramadan is such an amazing month. Once it begins there is this unmistakeable atmosphere in the air subhanAllah, I always really strongly feel my identity as a Muslim during this month, fasting is the one deed for which the reward is with Allah SWT alone. I also find it is an excellent time for dawah or educating others about Islam, people are so fascinated when they discover you are fasting. I'm already so excited now, the Ramadan vibes are already here. :)

Whenever you can do go to the mosque for iftar, or perhaps meet up with one or two other sisters if possible and break your fast with them. Watch Islamic lectures, learn more about Islam, and increase your worship during this sacred month, it really is like a spiritual purification. And Alhamdulillah you have the community here at IB, :), you can speak to us and share your experiences whenever you want to.

Here is the dua you make after suhoor, it more like pronouncing your intention for the beginning of the fast:
Wa bisawmi ghadinn nawaiytu min shahri ramadan
I intend to keep the fast for tomorrow in the month of Ramadan

And this is the dua for the end of the fast:
Allahumma inni laka sumtu wa bika aamantu wa alayka tawakkaltu wa ala rizq-ika-aftartu
O Allah! I fasted for You and I believe in You and I put my trust in You and I break my fast with Your sustenance

BeTheChange
04-29-2016, 07:19 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

I can't remember my first ramadan but the feeling of anticipation & excitement never leaves you Alhamdulilah.

"O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious)." [Soorah al-Baqarah (2):183]

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Whoever fasted the month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith (i.e. belief) and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his past sins will be forgiven, and whoever stood for the prayers in the night of Qadr out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven ."

Please visit http://www.kalamullah.com/ramadan.html for relevant Ramadan literature.

Make sure you drink lots of water and fruit the night before insha Allah and try and fit a nap in your day if your schedule allows you insha Allah.

Let us know how you get on!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.