/* */

PDA

View Full Version : good reasonable occupations/jobs for a 14 year old????

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 03:02 AM
:sl: and alo people of ib!

anyone can suggest some good work for a 14 year old girl? i've worked at an old home for 3 years, then as a dishwasher for over a year( 9 more months i guess) and now for a month, i'm working as a helper for a cook.
neither do they pay me well, it hardly covers up for my Mc donalds bill :( and no one at the place i work at respects me. i know absolutely nothing about cooking or baking. i'm neither good with knives. i want to leave this job by the end of this month.

but i dont know what else to do. a waiter is not going to work because i'm afraid i might always end up eating the orders :( ...and be breaking all the crockery :( i'm very careless and ill-mannered :( i cant handle food in my hands, being handed over to others :heated: no! thats never going to happen!:raging:

i want to do something good, and something that's going to pay well too!

i'll tell you somethings about me: i'm talentless, the only thing i'm good at is eating and basketball. i have a very bad temper, and use my hands and feet instead of words when it comes to..... i know a bit martail arts(kung fu!) .
i can do about 50-60 push ups and blah blah blah(i mean i'm physically strong enough i guess...). i suck at speaking and explaining. i'm somewhere under the underconfident and i'm unassertive. generally, i'm a bad girl. i loose patience often too. and in real life i talk very less, i mean it. i like my religion though and want to be a better muslim, i'm working on it!

anyone has any good options?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ReboundMuslimah
04-27-2016, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramen-thelegend
:sl: and alo people of ib!

anyone can suggest some good work for a 14 year old girl? i've worked at an old home for 3 years, then as a dishwasher for over a year( 9 more months i guess) and now for a month, i'm working as a helper for a cook.
neither do they pay me well, it hardly covers up for my Mc donalds bill :( and no one at the place i work at respects me. i know absolutely nothing about cooking or baking. i'm neither good with knives. i want to leave this job by the end of this month.

but i dont know what else to do. a waiter is not going to work because i'm afraid i might always end up eating the orders :( ...and be breaking all the crockery :( i'm very careless and ill-mannered :( i cant handle food in my hands, being handed over to others :heated: no! thats never going to happen!:raging:

i want to do something good, and something that's going to pay well too!

i'll tell you somethings about me: i'm talentless, the only thing i'm good at is eating and basketball. i have a very bad temper, and use my hands and feet instead of words when it comes to..... i know a bit martail arts(kung fu!) .
i can do about 50-60 push ups and blah blah blah(i mean i'm physically strong enough i guess...). i suck at speaking and explaining. i'm somewhere under the underconfident and i'm unassertive. generally, i'm a bad girl. i loose patience often too. and in real life i talk very less, i mean it. i like my religion though and want to be a better muslim, i'm working on it!

anyone has any good options?
You shouldn't mention any of that in a job interview if you want a job lol. Think positive girl I'm sure you're good at something.

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
You shouldn't mention any of that in a job interview if you want a job lol. Think positive girl I'm sure you're good at something.
ofcourse i am. obviously i'm good at something.
i'm good at being bad

and this ones a secret so shhhhh, i'm good at "nothing". nothing is not easy u should know.

Serinity
04-27-2016, 09:43 AM
:salam:

50-60 pushups? you must either have great physical strength, Ma Shaa' Allah, or you are very light-weight.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
04-27-2016, 10:00 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

Sis, seriously have some more confidence in your own abilities. No one isn't good at anything, you have your own unique characteristics gifted to you by Allah so celebrate them!

I have no idea, you're in Pakistan at the moment so not sure what is available there. In the UK there are more jobs available for teenagers I think. I know, why not try baby-sitting, perfect for you :D.

ReboundMuslimah
04-27-2016, 10:01 AM
Or a call center I know a lot of teenagers who do that where I live.

ConcealedGem
04-27-2016, 10:08 AM
Teach Tajweed/Quran if your tajweed is on point iA.

Or do tutoring for kids, maybe maths or English.

M.I.A.
04-27-2016, 11:59 AM
..work for Amazon :|

Picking and packing or lorry loader..

Eat less McDonalds.

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu Alaykum,

Sis, seriously have some more confidence in your own abilities. No one isn't good at anything, you have your own unique characteristics gifted to you by Allah so celebrate them!
#sarcasmatitspeak
please.....
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I have no idea, you're in Pakistan at the moment so not sure what is available there. In the UK there are more jobs available for teenagers I think. I know, why not try baby-sitting, perfect for you .
i'm going back to wales in 37 days yo!
baby-sitting............r u kidding me???? i would end up eating them for sure! i hate whining people anyway. i hate kids in general!

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ConcealedGem
Teach Tajweed/Quran if your tajweed is on point iA.

Or do tutoring for kids, maybe maths or English.
i suck at explaining, i already said that. plus ,my interpretation of the Holy QURAN is soooo bad. neither is my reading good( i learned it on my own, without a teacher)

nothing around teaching in any field please....

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..work for Amazon :|

Picking and packing or lorry loader..

Eat less McDonalds.
can 14 year olds do that?
i think i can, i'm the strongest girl in my class, and a lot stronger than more than half of the boys too(the others i've never tried). so maybe i could consider doing this job!

as for eating less Mcdonalds......i'd rather die:skeleton:

M.I.A.
04-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Maybe you should become a librarian?

..mc Donald's are haram in uk, the oil recycling system mixes fillet o'fish oil with chicken oil..

Although your tap water is recycled :/

Anyway, 14 yrs old..

Too young to be working unless it's for people you know.. I'm sure you will find something.

First proper job was at 17, museum ticket inspector :/

Good luck.

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Anyway, 14 yrs old..

Too young to be working unless it's for people you know.. I'm sure you will find something.

First proper job was at 17, museum ticket inspector :/

Good luck.
yeah i'm that kind of people ...u know... :(

Hamza :)
04-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Write articles

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
Write articles
i suck at writing...........

i'm going to fill it with "............................................. .... .................................................. ......."

i meant jobs like .....jobs that i can afford and i deserve....not outta my league!

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 02:53 PM
..mc Donald's are haram in uk, the oil recycling system mixes fillet o'fish oil with chicken oil..
oops! sorry, i meant mcdonalds in pakistan, as i'm in pakistan temporarily.

M.I.A.
04-27-2016, 03:01 PM
...newspaper girl.. I googled jobs for 14 year olds.

Ok then, enjoy McDonalds while you can.

ramen-thelegend
04-27-2016, 03:07 PM
...newspaper girl.. I googled jobs for 14 year olds.
bhahahahahahahahahahahaahah

i'm part time doing that too. the pay is very low! i didn't even consider it worth mentioning!

maybe it'll pay better in the uk. so i guess i'm going to try it there.
thanks though.
i mean thanks alot!

lonewolf007
04-27-2016, 05:24 PM
Aww sis I didn't know you were 14 masha'Allah so young lol and great I feel ancient now lol. I'll do dua for you and insha'Allah something will turn up, be patient and don't get worked up :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.