/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About debit cart

Faiza Khan
04-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Assalam o alaikum....
Im seeking advice about the usage of my debit card.
I have a current account so can i use my debit card to avail discounts offered by my bank at certain shops/restaurants?? Will it be halal?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-27-2016, 04:39 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam. Welcome to the forum, sister.

I don't see any reason to say it's haram. The discount actually is given by the shop/restaurant. If they give discount only to those who hold that debit card, it's because they are targeting the card holder as their potential consumer.

Giving discount only to people from specific group is one strategy of marketing, with purpose to make people from this group feel get privilege, and then feel motivated to shop.

You can use your debit card to shop from shop/restaurant that give you privilege to get discount.

anatolian
04-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately, we can no where escape from riba in this "modern" global economic system unless you dont live in a small utopia village where money is not used...

strivingobserver98
04-27-2016, 09:04 PM
:wa:

Nice Typo :O.

The thread title reminded me of this... :D

182476261 credit card in shopping cart gettyimages?v1&ampcIWSAsset&ampk2&ampdNIvNufmbXe6ahXrCTSDu2FfR4Zqh5WTs9o0MjYLQlMkc9X suySKJa2BWAOrf4FKX02B -

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
04-27-2016, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
:wa:

Nice Typo :O.

The thread title reminded me of this... :D

Debit card is not dangerous like credit card. In debit card you need to have balance in your bank account, then when you shop the payment will taken instantly from your balance. Different than credit card which you don't need to have balance in your bank account, and then when you shop you automatically take a loan from the bank. It can encourage people to shop although they have no money, and then trapped into debt.

Faiza Khan
04-28-2016, 08:44 PM
Jazak Allah....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.