/* */

PDA

View Full Version : One of the Biggest Causes of your Unhappiness

strivingobserver98
04-28-2016, 04:36 AM
Overthinking

:sl:

Some of you may suffer from this. On this thread I will share some useful Islamic duas, advice and hadith. Also some general information on the subject :).

Rasul Allah :saws: said: “Seek out that which benefits you, seek help only from Allah and never say you can’t do it. If any adversity comes to you do not say: ‘If I had only acted in such-and-such a way, it would have been such-and-such;’ but instead, say: ‘Allah has decreed (it) and what He willed, He has done,’ for verily, (the word) ‘if’ opens the way for the work of Satan.” [Sahih Muslim]

"Over thinking creates a virus in your mind and causes you to focus on that which isn’t in your control, thus distancing you from your reliance on God, and begins to suck the very essence of peace out of your life. The best antivirus is faith and selfish selflessness - put your energy towards building your relationship with God and towards giving back to the community." - Nadir Keval

"Overthinking: The art of creating problems that don't exist."

"Don't overthink it was the Qadr of Allah and it was best for you, that's all you need to know. Your own way of making the problems even more worse. Its already written by HIM, the master of creation and the writer of all destiny."

"Stop over thinking and start trusting Almighty Allah :swt:"

"Hasbunallahu Wa Ni’mal Wakeel."
Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs for us. What an Excellent Guardian and Protector He is!

"The correct way is to believe that the outcomes are in Allah's control but behave like the outcomes are in our control." - Azeenab1

"Have good intentions and work hard" -
-Sheikh Abdullah Bin Bayyah (may Allah preserve him)

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet :saws: used to say: “Allaahumma aslih li deeni alladhi huwa ‘ismat amri wa aslih li dunyaaya allati fihaa ma’aashi wa aslih li aakhirati allati fihaa ma’aadi w’aj’al al-hayaata ziyaadatan li fi kulli khayri w’aj’al al-mawta raahatan li min kulli sharr (O Allaah, make me adhere properly to my religion, on which all my affairs depend; make this world good for me in which is my livelihood; make my Hereafter good for me, in which is my ultimate destiny; make my life increase in every good thing and make my death a respite from every evil).”

The Messenger of Allaah :saws: said: “There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says: ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatija naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.” He was asked: “O Messenger of Allaah, should we learn this?” He said: “Of course; everyone who hears it should learn it.”

Try to suggest that he change something in his daily routine, to allow himself the opportunity to do different kinds of permissible things that will relieve him of boredom and renew his energy. There is nothing wrong with travelling for leisure purposes or to relax, so long he does not go to extremes. Even better than that is if he can travel for the purpose of ‘Umrah and to visit the Prophet’s mosque, because a change of scene can be very beneficial.

He has to keep away from places that he feels make his worry and distress worse, or that stir these feeling up again. He should avoid reading novels that tell sad stories, and he should try not to sit with people who are worried and distressed, even if his intention is to console them. On the contrary, he should try to read useful books that will take him away from these worries. If he feels stressed and upset, he should not isolate himself or think constantly about his problems in this situation.
https://islamqa.info/en/30901

format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
Whatever your situation, problem, anxiety please learn this dua . It really is a life changer.

It is narrated in many ahadeeth that the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) would consistently make this duaa, and many of the Companions heard him repeat it over and over.

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْهَمِّ وَالْحُزْنِ وَالْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَضَلَعِ الدَّيْنِ وَغَلَبَةِ الرِّجَالِ
Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-hammi wal-Ḥuzni wal-'ajazi wal-kasli wal-bukhli wal-jubni wa ḍalaEid-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijal.

O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being overpowered by men.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-28-2016, 04:39 AM
8 Ways to Cure Over-Thinking and Regain Your Happiness

Let’s face it — over-thinking leaves you drained. It robs you of your peace and poise of mind. It’s mental exhaustion on the level of running a marathon every day. It’s a mind-numbing habit that keeps you stuck from leading a happy, healthy life. And who doesn’t want to be happier? Here are eight proven strategies to help you kick the over-thinking habit.

Stop! Enough!

The next time your monkey mind begins to produce a drama worthy of an Oscar, silently shout: “Stop! Enough!” Change the channel to something peaceful.

Visualization

Train your mind through visualization techniques. When your monkey mind gloms on to something from the past it wants to relive or gets its hooks into a future scenario, replace what your monkey mind wants to watch with something you want to watch. Visualize a happy memory or simply allow your mind to sink into its happy place. For me, my happy place is sitting in my beach chair with my toes wrapped in warm sand, a good book, and the sound of the Atlantic ocean as waves greet the shore.

Just Breathe

Turn your attention and focus on our breath. Focus on your inhales and exhales. Slow your breathing down. Take deeper breaths. Relax your jaw. Unclench your fists. Just Breathe.

Go For A Walk

Lace up your walking shoes and grab your iPod with your favorite uplifting playlists. Get out of your head, move your body. Swing your arms. Do a few lunges. Walk it out. Focus on each step. Pay attention to the way your foot makes contact with the pavement. Tune in to the movement of your body and not the replay of last week’s argument.

Journal

Sometimes, yesterday’s problems or tomorrow’s worries just want to be heard. Take a few minutes when you wake to simply write them down. I have found journaling to be especially effective for my own monkey mind. I keep a small journal with me (I have one that fits in my purse) and I’ve made an agreement with my monkey mind. If the complaint or drama even has the inkling of being persistent, I write it down. As a response, monkey mind goes quiet. Once written, the need to be heard has been met. No need to revisit.

Engage In Your Favorite Hobby

Over-thinking is not productive. In fact, it’s in cahoots with procrastination and making excuses. Over-thinking produces no results and offers no solutions. Switch gears and do something you enjoy!

• Read
  • Crochet
  • Knit
  • Hike
  • Bike
  • Paint
  • Garden
  • Workout
  • Dance
  • Sing
  • Play
  • Be Mindful

Whatever you decide to do, engage your full attention on that activity.

• Be mindful of each word your read.
  • Be mindful of each stitch you crochet or knit.
  • Be mindful of the sights and sounds as you hike or bike.
  • Be mindful of the texture of your paint and the colors you’re using.
  • Be mindful of the scents of the flowers in your garden.
  • Be mindful of each rep as you do sit-ups, push-ups, squats, and lunges.
  • Be mindful of each dance step.
  • Be mindful of each note as you sing.
  • Be mindful when you’re goofing off and playing in the sandbox with your kids.
  • Keep your focus on whatever it is you’re doing. It will help prevent your monkey mind from wandering.

Be Present

Over-thinking is all about dredging up the past and/or borrowing trouble from the future. The best cure for over-thinking is to simply be present. Be here right now.

Source

noraina
04-28-2016, 09:06 AM
This is so accurate subhanAllah, kudos to the author.

I had (have!) a wayward monkey mind and I used to overthink everything - the ridiculous part of it is that you spend so much time focusing on what you have no control over and is up to Allah SWT alone, and end up ignoring those things you do have control over and should change in your life.

I like going for long walks or painting - it distracts your mind in a soothing way. :)

Bhabha
04-28-2016, 09:33 AM
How to get over the fact that you realized that a friend whom you thought was your best friend doesn't care at all about you.. :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abumuslim82
04-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Salaam All

the biggest cause of unhappiness is lack of practice on Islam

Hearts with only find contentment in the remembrance of ALLAH

Bhabha
04-28-2016, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abumuslim82
Salaam All

the biggest cause of unhappiness is lack of practice on Islam

Hearts with only find contentment in the remembrance of ALLAH
People get sad too and it has nothing to do with lack of "practice of Islam" :/

abumuslim82
04-28-2016, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bhabha
People get sad too and it has nothing to do with lack of "practice of Islam" :/
sister, please trust me on this, inshaALLAH

how does a person get sad, is it a matter of the heart??

who controls the heart ?

ramen-thelegend
04-28-2016, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abumuslim82
sister, please trust me on this, inshaALLAH

how does a person get sad, is it a matter of the heart??

who controls the heart ?
i agree brother but at times ALLAH swt also .....wants us to go through hardships to learn self-restraint and sabr and ...to test us
“Great reward comes with great trials. When Allah loves a people, He tests them, and whoever accepts it attains His pleasure, whereas whoever shows discontent with it incurs His wrath.”Narrated and classed as hasan by at-Tirmidhi (2396); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah, no. 146

isn't it?

and :
"And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient. Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return."Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided.
[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving [Al-Qur'an 67:2]

..........................?

Serinity
04-28-2016, 12:48 PM
I overthink...... Very much.. sometimes!

I'll rely on Allah. There is a time where everything makes sense - good. But DON'T overthink, and think "I can take more!" and then you think over and over again...... and then you become confused, again.

Just rely on Allah.. Leave the rest to Allah. :)

I feel that overthinking can be a symptom / sign of lack of trust in Allah. So put your trust in Allah!

M.I.A.
04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
Lol, even my thieves say they are from Allah swt.

I live amongst a shameless people..

In heedlessness they are victorious.

I have bared witness the things they have put forward for tomorrow.

Over thinking is not the problem, I wish I had not followed them..

Wait, that sounds familiar.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.