/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it easy to get a Bachelor's degree in finance and not work with riba?

Mustafa16
04-28-2016, 08:42 PM
I know riba (interest) is a sin, but I love economics and I want to major in economics or finance.....I even got 99th percentile in the nation for the economics exams......is it possible to work in the financial sector and not work with interest? keep in mind, I live in Atlanta, so there aren't as many Islamic banks as in the UK cities.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
04-28-2016, 10:56 PM
The finance industry is a massive one - you can go into say consulting, or independent financial advisors. Heck, you could even get into accounts.

None of them would involve riba.

99th percentile? That's incredible - I emplore you to research job opportunities in the finance sector!

LaSorcia
04-28-2016, 11:34 PM
A relative of mine is the VP of finance of a major university. I don't know if you would count this as riba or not, since most students take out loans for university. I think most areas of finance are involved with riba at least indirectly, but not always. You could always try working for a non-profit institution?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.