/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this suicide? please please help!

ramen-thelegend
04-29-2016, 03:29 PM
:sl: people.

this question might sound absurd to you but ....if someone comes to know they have cancer or might be having symptoms...and they ignore it in order to die more fast, is this suicide or not?

in case if they dont see a reason to live, they dont consider themselves worthy of living any more and their only family, their mom and brother want to get rid of them too and neither can they pay for it anyway.

maybe they can do a favour for their family by not causing any more problems and not wasting money on some useless crap who dreams so big, but in reality is .....nothing but ..........*many words can count here* ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-29-2016, 04:05 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam ramen.

If someone got cancer, he/she should not give up and expect to die fast, because this is suicide. But he/she must try to survive although might be destiny would say differently.

That's what happened to my beloved wife. She got breast cancer. But she tried to not give up, and struggle for four years, although finally Allah took her return to Him at June, 2013.

These are the threads that I have made about my beloved wife.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ping-wife.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...one-allah.html

*charisma*
04-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

No one knows how his/her life will end. There are many stories of people overcoming cancer. One should strive to live so that he can do more ibaadah and get more rewards. If Allah is giving you life then who's to say you're not deserving of it? Our families are there to take care of us through all the hardships we endure, that's what a FAMILY does. So instead of being in this depressive state, they should be positive and put their trust in Allah. A positive attitude brings so many changes in one's life.

ardianto
04-29-2016, 05:46 PM
I didn't mean to scare anyone. The point in my previous post is, do not ever give up if attacked by cancer. Of course, there are people who survive and cured from cancer too.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
04-29-2016, 07:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramen-thelegend

this question might sound absurd to you but ....if someone comes to know they have cancer or might be having symptoms...and they ignore it in order to die more fast, is this suicide or not?

in case if they dont see a reason to live, they dont consider themselves worthy of living any more and their only family, their mom and brother want to get rid of them too and neither can they pay for it anyway.

maybe they can do a favour for their family by not causing any more problems and not wasting money on some useless crap who dreams so big, but in reality is .....nothing but ..........*many words can count here* ?
Well, the person could be asked by Allah why he didn't get treatment. so what will be his response. also, it's possible that the cancer or disease gets worse and then people find out but by then it's reached the stage that it can't be cured and you're taken to the hospital and end up in more pain that lasts a long time and you spend a lot more on treatment too but the treatment doesn't help but only prolongs your suffering. So it's best to get treatment early. Even if it's by ruqya. And if you're certain you might have cancer, then do the tests and get treatment early. You may eradicate the cancer easily if it's in its early stages. You'll live a healthier life and not spend as much money. On the other hand, people who find out late that they have cancer end up being in the hospital for years , spending a lot more money on treatment and not being able to finish the cancer completely.

So the best thing is to get treatment early. And yeah, ruqya can cure cancer without medication.

ramen-thelegend
04-30-2016, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Wa'alaikumsalam ramen.

If someone got cancer, he/she should not give up and expect to die fast, because this is suicide. But he/she must try to survive although might be destiny would say differently.

That's what happened to my beloved wife. She got breast cancer. But she tried to not give up, and struggle for four years, although finally Allah took her return to Him at June, 2013.

These are the threads that I have made about my beloved wife.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ping-wife.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...one-allah.html
i am sooooooo sooo soooooo realllyyy really sorry for your wife.

the thing is, you guys can afford it, your wife was loved, thats not the same for me. neither does anyone love me, or want me to stay alive, my mom n my brother have always prayed for my death, always cursing and abusing me. nor can we afford the treatment.

i guess i should rewrite my question something like....

my moms family came over 2 days back. one of my uncle is an oncologist and he started asking me questions about my routine and diet and blah blah blah. after i told him everything he said i could seriously be diagnosed with some type of blood cancer. a day passed and now he thinks i really do have cancer, i got all those symptoms and i should go and do some tests and confirm it.
i dont want to.

wait..........
if i have been told/warned by a professional that i might be having blood cancer, i observe all its symptoms but i refuse to confirm it through tests because if i do so, and turns out i really do have cancer and THEN i refuse to get treatment its going to be suicide. that is why i dont want to confirm it, i mean i want to ignore it and carry on with my daily chores, my dialy routine the same way it was before.

but what if i die within a month or so, i mean i really did have cancer...will ALLAH swt take it as suicide bcz i knew/had been warned about it.

?????
the thing is...i dont want to confirm it. if it is cancer or not, i dont care, i'm still the same i was yesterday and i'll remain the same tomorrow, its not like i'm going to sit back and wait for my death or be telling people that i'm sick or something. i just want to ignore this thing but i'm not sure if that's acceptable in islam. and islam matters to me. the afterlife matters to me. ALLAH swt orders matter to me.

noraina
04-30-2016, 12:07 PM
Assalamu alaykum

First of all, sis, there is no need to work yourself up or worry. I am sorry to say but I would question your uncle's judgement on your condition, you know him better than I do, but to diagnose someone with 'blood cancer', without performing any blood tests is something I wouldn't imagine a professional doing. And even if he was suspicious, I don't think he should have told his fourteen-year-old niece without confirming it first.

But as he has told you, and he is an oncologist, I would suggest you should have those tests done. I do not know the fiqh perspective from it, but as a Muslim life is sacred, we should do everything in order to preserve that life - look back to the Islamic Golden Age, Muslim physicians and doctors were the leading authorities in disease prevention, diagnosis and cure. This is because of the teachings of Islam, for example:

‘“Allah has not sent down any disease but He has sent down a cure for it.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5678.

There is a cure for every disease except death, and I believe to refuse having a possible problem diagnosed and hence delaying treatment would be a misjudgement. You should not wait around for death or for Allah SWT to miraculously give shifaa - this isn't how it works. And this does not compromise tawaakul - the same way eating and drinking does not compromise tawaakul. It is our duty to ensure we remain in the best of health, and within halal means heal ourselves when unwell. This is faith in Allah SWT, when following His commandments we use the means He has provided for us on this earth, tawakkul should not make one fatalistic or helpless - that mindset actually goes against this concept.

So go for those tests if you are concerned. To be suspicious and not go may not be suicide, but it would be ignoring the means Allah SWT has provided mankind with to heal themselves, and that would be wrong, because it is His mercy that He has given the cure for ever disease - we should protect life to our highest ability.

And also, you are not unloved in the slightest. We all love you, and most of all, Allah SWT and His Messenger (pbuh) loves you more than anyone here could, and that is all the love you need.

ramen-thelegend
04-30-2016, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu alaykum

First of all, sis, there is no need to work yourself up or worry. I am sorry to say but I would question your uncle's judgement on your condition, you know him better than I do, but to diagnose someone with 'blood cancer', without performing any blood tests is something I wouldn't imagine a professional doing. And even if he was suspicious, I don't think he should have told his fourteen-year-old niece without confirming it first.

But as he has told you, and he is an oncologist, I would suggest you should have those tests done. I do not know the fiqh perspective from it, but as a Muslim life is sacred, we should do everything in order to preserve that life - look back to the Islamic Golden Age, Muslim physicians and doctors were the leading authorities in disease prevention, diagnosis and cure. This is because of the teachings of Islam, for example:

‘“Allah has not sent down any disease but He has sent down a cure for it.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5678.

There is a cure for every disease except death, and I believe to refuse having a possible problem diagnosed and hence delaying treatment would be a misjudgement. You should not wait around for death or for Allah SWT to miraculously give shifaa - this isn't how it works. And this does not compromise tawaakul - the same way eating and drinking does not compromise tawaakul. It is our duty to ensure we remain in the best of health, and within halal means heal ourselves when unwell. This is faith in Allah SWT, when following His commandments we use the means He has provided for us on this earth, tawakkul should not make one fatalistic or helpless - that mindset actually goes against this concept.

So go for those tests if you are concerned. To be suspicious and not go may not be suicide, but it would be ignoring the means Allah SWT has provided mankind with to heal themselves, and that would be wrong, because it is His mercy that He has given the cure for ever disease - we should protect life to our highest ability.

And also, you are not unloved in the slightest. We all love you, and most of all, Allah SWT and His Messenger (pbuh) loves you more than anyone here could, and that is all the love you need.
thanks sis.

my uncle clearly knows about my relation with my mom. he is a professional, but he's in a different country and to get things/stuff/tests/whatever done in a proper ...blah blah blah he wants me to get stuff/tests done...blah blah blah

i dont understand why i'm never clear enough^o):heated:.i'm sorry. why does everybody keep saying i should confirm it when i'm telling you i'm not doing it! anyroad!(for many reasons)

my question simply is: if someone has very clear and exposed symptoms of cancer and he/she ignores them( for a thousand good reasons) and then they die because of it in sometime, will that be considered as suicide( i mean committing suicide which is haram!)?

ardianto
04-30-2016, 03:17 PM
my question simply is: if someone has very clear and exposed symptoms of cancer and he/she ignores them( for a thousand good reasons) and then they die because of it in sometime, will that be considered as suicide( i mean committing suicide which is haram!)?
If someone still has chance and ability to get medical care, but he refuse to take medical care because he prefer to die, this is suicide. However, if someone has tried to get medical care, but all healing method which he has taken failed, or he has no chance to get medical care, and finally he choose to wait whatever will happen to him, this is not suicide.

abumuslim82
04-30-2016, 03:56 PM

Have honey and live life as per normal, and never lose hope in the mercy of our RABB.

There is a hadith about having honey at least 3 times a month. Have it with yaqeen, don't stress about the outcome, trust me if these conditions are met, life will be good no matter what

anatolian
04-30-2016, 04:02 PM
Yes it is suicide clearly. If you dont go to a doctor and die because of this you go to hell.

Serinity
04-30-2016, 05:18 PM
:salams

WHY? GO TO THE DOCTOR!

Seriously! you may end in Hellfire! Think! If you go to the doctor, get it treated, and become healthy In shaa' Allah, then good! but if you don't do anything and die, it may classify as suicide, thus in Hell.. Secondly if you DIE while having tried your best to cure yourself, then In shaa' Allah a shaheed, and may Allah SWT Bless you with Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen.

Think..

If you wait and die --> suicide --> bad. (Assuming that it is, ALLAHU alam!)

if you seek cure and die --> great may Allah SWT Bless you. Ameen.

If you seek cure and are cured --> great. May Allah bless you with good deeds!!

EITHER WAY, it is a WIN WIN if you go there, In shaa' Allah.

May ALLAH forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

This is from the assumption that this may classify/is suicide.

hisnameiszzz
04-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Go to the GP. It could be something else. I have had symptoms of Crohns Disease which scared the living daylights out of me but once I was tested, it was only Colitis which is a step down and not as bad.

If you do have cancer, which hopefully you won't have, no one is going to force you to have medication or chemo. Numerous people are told options and they choose not to. Some are still living now. 3 elderly people had terminal cancer in my street a few years ago, none of them had chemo and they are all still alive a few years later.

You believe in Allah. If your time has come, you will go. There are no two ways about it. Don't you think it would be nice to explore all the paths available before you write yourself off? Also, just out of interest, have the GP's told you it's cancer or they think it is or have you looked online re: the symptoms on Google? My Dad was told his kidneys had failed and then it went to some kind of chest infection before they told him it was cancer. They are not always right. These days if you have a cough for more than a month, they tell you it's cancer which it probably isn't! Also, please don't look on the internet re: symptoms, you will find horror stories most of which are untrue.

Please keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing. Wishing you all the best.

PS. With regards to suicide, I don't know. I am not qualified enough. But it sounds like you just need someone to talk to. Where are you based? Do they have cancer organisations like McMillan/Marie Curie in the UK? They will talk to you one on one and will be able to help you.

ramen-thelegend
05-01-2016, 02:00 AM
there are a million reasons i dont want to confirm it.
my mom and my brother have always hated me and prayed for my death. cursing and abusing me everyday. i feel like ALLAH swt has answered their prayers. they'll be alot happier without me.

my mom was already a primary school teacher, and taking out the money for our school fees(we went to a private school), there was always little left.

in addition, my mom lost her job a couple of months back, she was a spoiled rich kid who wasn't interested in acedemics so....we came pakistan almost three months back so she can sell some of her parents property and they'll give her enough money to buy our own house back in wales(we lived in a rented one previously) and get some more qualifications.

now in that kind of financail status, who's going to pay for it?

i want to continue my life the way it was, ignoring this cancer thing.

someone told me about a cancer hospital in pakistan, that treats poor patients free of cost, but even if i go there i cant carry on because i have to leave pakistan in less than 40 days. as for all those kind of stuff in the uk, i lived in neath, there are no cancer hospitals in neath and there's no way in hell my mom will want to shift places because of me.

i cant just go out and beg someone to help me, plus i'm 14 so i cant do it on my own. i dont want to force it on my mom either, because i've always caused problems for her and whenever i've complained about her behavior towards me she's ended up crying and blaming herself for everything and i seriously feel like killing myself at that piont.

all the symptoms that the ocnologist mentioned....well they have been along for a year and a half now. i hid the throwing up of blood while coughing thing because it was really disgusting, i was happy about not getting fat even though i ate 24/7. i thought the pains came from the fact i had to go to work and school and some martail arts classes too. i was so much used to the fever, previously my class mates called me flu.

theres so much more but i dont know where to start?

no one's really interested in helping me anyway. neither am i. i want to ignore it and die when i'll die. yeah now i know there are more chances i'll die earlier but that can help in me wanting to become a better person fast.

ramen-thelegend
05-01-2016, 02:19 AM
so you people mean that all people who refuse to get treatment( they got reasonable excuses) and take risk, and die in that way are committing suicide???????

Hamza :)
05-01-2016, 08:58 AM
so you people mean that all people who refuse to get treatment( they got reasonable excuses) and take risk, and die in that way are committing suicide???????
If they can get treatment but they don't, then it's wrong

ramen-thelegend
05-01-2016, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
If they can get treatment but they don't, then it's wrong
so the famous quid-e-azam....committed suicide?

i dont think so......

05-01-2016, 09:06 AM

i dont think so......
I didn't say it was suicide, I said it was wrong.

I don't know about his case tbh. If he could of gotten the treatment but still refused it, then famous or not, what he did would be wrong.

ramen-thelegend
05-01-2016, 09:30 AM
this is soooooooooooooooo messed up....

a girl on another forum finally said since i've tried to get advice from various sources so its ok then.............

05-01-2016, 09:36 AM
this is soooooooooooooooo messed up....

a girl on another forum finally said since i've tried to get advice from various sources so its ok then.............
'Since you said you can do nothing about it'. Are you sure you can't do anything about it?

ramen-thelegend
05-01-2016, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
'Since you said you can do nothing about it'. Are you sure you can't do anything about it?
yes. i can only whine....and wait for my death, try to get some useless home remedies for blah blah blah. and i seriously dont want to waste anytime on that. i'll die when i'll die.

tell me what you would have done?

05-01-2016, 09:44 AM
yes. i can only whine....and wait for my death, try to get some useless home remedies for blah blah blah. and i seriously dont want to waste anytime on that. i'll die when i'll die.

tell me what you would have done?
Not sure. maybe go to the doctor

noraina
05-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Go to the doctor sis, khalaas. As Muslims we should do everything we possibly could to prolong life, life is a sacred trust form Allah so we should take care of it, to suspect and then not take heed of a problem, and bury your head in the sand, would be an ignorant thing to do. At least go to confirm it.

There is a difference between refusing treatment because even the doctor's say it probably will not work, and then refusing treatment because you just want to leave it all to Allah SWT and wait for death.

It may not be suicide, but you would not want to take the risk of being asked as to why you didn't try to help yourself.

ramen-thelegend
05-01-2016, 10:06 AM
i'm going to ask my mom. but if she refuses to take me to a doctor to confirm this thing then its not my fault right?

Aisha
05-01-2016, 10:25 AM
^ You can go to the doctor by yourself. Your school can even help you.

Cancer cannot be diagnosed so easily.. There would have to be tests. I'm puzzled as to why a professional would even put this thought into your mind. Get checked by the doctor to put your mind at rest.

As for cost.. You live in Wales. Treatment for any illness doesn't cost a thing. Prescriptions are also free. I thought you'd know this? Try to stop worrying and start making Dua for Allah to make things easy for you and give you the strength to deal with your family.

ramen-thelegend
05-01-2016, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
^ You can go to the doctor by yourself. Your school can even help you.

Cancer cannot be diagnosed so easily.. There would have to be tests. I'm puzzled as to why a professional would even put this thought into your mind. Get checked by the doctor to put your mind at rest.

As for cost.. You live in Wales. Treatment for any illness doesn't cost a thing. Prescriptions are also free. I thought you'd know this? Try to stop worrying and start making Dua for Allah to make things easy for you and give you the strength to deal with your family.
thanks sis but i'm currently in pakistan. i do know all that. the professional asked me to do the same that everyone here is, i.e to diagnose it.

maybe i can try all that in wales in i guess....34 days...if i live....but i cant do that in pakistan,

plus i'm not sure of going back to wales..i really dont want to,my life there wasn't really good, i mean a lot worse than it is in pakistan. i've changed a lot here and i dont know what i am going to do when i go back there. in addition, they only close people to me, where i worked, they passed away 4 days back so i really dont feel like going there. i was just thinking of making another thread as to which place would be better.
plus its not like my mom is dying to take me back.

anyways, theres only 1% chances i'm staying.
so until i'm in wales i can wait?

anatolian
05-01-2016, 12:57 PM
so until i'm in wales i can wait?
Dear sister. If you wait it may be worse than before. Cancer is such an illness. Now you know that a doctor told you that you might be cancer. You must look for all possible ways that you are able to. There are doctors in Pakistan right? Otherwise it means you want to die and it means suicide...If you dont go to doctor you go to hell for ever!

Aisha
05-01-2016, 02:06 PM
The first step is to have some tests done.

This comes even before convincing yourself you have cancer. Stay positive and hope for a good result.

Once you've done that, we can help you further. Until then, us advising you is useless as you haven't actually been diagnosed. So there's a high chance it might not be cancer.

sister herb
05-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Salam alaykum

As you are still a child (14, not adult yet, sorry if the word child doesn´t feel good), your family has a duty to take care about the financial costs of your treatment. You write you don´t want to return back to Wales? You really should want to if you can be sure you will get treatment in there (if you have any serious disease). Think your own brains dear sister and you surely know what is the best option to you.

And listen these others in here whose give to you excellent advices.

By the way; what kind of doctor can give you such a shocking diagnosis without telling it to your parents too? :heated:

sam789
05-01-2016, 02:43 PM
i am sooooooo sooo soooooo realllyyy really sorry for your wife.

the thing is, you guys can afford it, your wife was loved, thats not the same for me. neither does anyone love me, or want me to stay alive, my mom n my brother have always prayed for my death, always cursing and abusing me. nor can we afford the treatment.

i guess i should rewrite my question something like....

my moms family came over 2 days back. one of my uncle is an oncologist and he started asking me questions about my routine and diet and blah blah blah. after i told him everything he said i could seriously be diagnosed with some type of blood cancer. a day passed and now he thinks i really do have cancer, i got all those symptoms and i should go and do some tests and confirm it.
i dont want to.

wait..........
if i have been told/warned by a professional that i might be having blood cancer, i observe all its symptoms but i refuse to confirm it through tests because if i do so, and turns out i really do have cancer and THEN i refuse to get treatment its going to be suicide. that is why i dont want to confirm it, i mean i want to ignore it and carry on with my daily chores, my dialy routine the same way it was before.

but what if i die within a month or so, i mean i really did have cancer...will ALLAH swt take it as suicide bcz i knew/had been warned about it.

?????
the thing is...i dont want to confirm it. if it is cancer or not, i dont care, i'm still the same i was yesterday and i'll remain the same tomorrow, its not like i'm going to sit back and wait for my death or be telling people that i'm sick or something. i just want to ignore this thing but i'm not sure if that's acceptable in islam. and islam matters to me. the afterlife matters to me. ALLAH swt orders matter to me.
You should strive to survive and taking precautions to ensure your safety and health should be your first priority. Please go to the doctor and check if you have cancer to prevent any serious damage. You might be able to do something about it if it turns out you really do have cancer and it hasn't developed to a later stage yet. Not going to a doctor or wanting to treat yourself just because you fear you might commit suicide while being aware of the sickness is a poor reason and not strategic or beneficial on the long run, plus you are basing your actions just on assumptions. Instead of worrying wether you commit suicide or not try to cure yourself and help yourself as good as possible, that way you are free of any blame and tried anything in your ability to stop the death from occuring. You also are doing yourself a great favor by trying to ease or prevent suffering as much as you can. Don't ignore a treat that endangers your life please, it's only sensible to prolong your life as much as possible.

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Dear sister. If you wait it may be worse than before. Cancer is such an illness. Now you know that a doctor told you that you might be cancer. You must look for all possible ways that you are able to. There are doctors in Pakistan right? Otherwise it means you want to die and it means suicide...If you dont go to doctor you go to hell for ever!
you're scaring the **** out of me

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 01:00 AM
ok everybody ..........

my question was simple......is it ok( i mean not the best option, but the last option) to ignore symptoms of some illness????

i think yes, since you're not sure and if the treatment is worth nothing.

i dont understand why u all be like stop saying its cancer, get it diagnosed, get some tests done and all that............

thousands of good people do that...........i dont think that was such a big issue.
i seriously am not interested in lying in beds in hospitals and feeling helpless and wasting time and having restrictions over my diet and all that....

if i dont go for the tests, i'm living the same way i was before(doesn't matter i got cancer or not,yes i can, i've been doing that for over a year now) and if i do so.......i guess its better i dont.

Aisha
05-02-2016, 01:13 AM
^ The answer is pretty simple too.

First find out if you have that illness. I'm not sure why this is even being contested. It's common sense.

If you do, go for treatment. One is not allowed to cause harm to themselves by refusing treatment.

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 01:16 AM
^ The answer is pretty simple too.

First find out if you have that illness. I'm not sure why this is even being contested. It's common sense.

If you do, go for treatment. One is not allowed to cause harm to themselves by refusing treatment.
the whole point is I DONT WANT TO FIND OUT IF I HAVE THAT ILLNESS FOR SURE OR NOT

i can live without knowing that

Aisha
05-02-2016, 01:23 AM
^ Cool. So there's no point to this thread then.

*charisma*
05-02-2016, 01:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Little missy, you need to stop being so dramatic over this all. Either you check yourself or you don't. The whole point of this is, if you care about your iman and your deen you will prevent your body from harm, and if you don't care then you can let it disintegrate and in the end who's going to judge you but Allah? No need to continue this discussion. I think you've gotten great replies.

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 01:31 AM
^ Cool. So there's no point to this thread then.
the thread's point was to know if what i'm doing is ok or not?

............i think i dont know what i'm talking about........i think i just dont want to help myself.......i'm so messed up......i dont know what to do

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Little missy, you need to stop being so dramatic over this all. Either you check yourself or you don't. The whole point of this is, if you care about your iman and your deen you will prevent your body from harm, and if you don't care then you can let it disintegrate and in the end who's going to judge you but Allah? No need to continue this discussion. I think you've gotten great replies.
well ok then.
i'm going to talk to my mom. but not today, tomorrow, when her family leaves. i dont want to ruin this time for her, this is the first time she's met her family ever since my she's adopted me.

Souljette
05-02-2016, 02:02 AM
Asalamualaykum sis ramen,
Hope you are well so far, now the way you are talking about your body is as if it's yours and you made it..you didn't..it is what Allah gave you..it's an amanah from him to you..it's a gift that you hv to take care of ...since Allah has said to take care of ur health before it goes bad you have to..and the answer to your question is if you don't do anything about it it's suicide so stop telling yourself it's not..another thing is I understand he's ur uncle but I a doc too and we never say cancer until we are completely confirmed to the patient party so that was really weird..whatever the case stopthinkin so far and just get a blood test done in sha Allah that will give an outlook of what goes on in your body

abumuslim82
05-02-2016, 02:41 AM
Salaam sis,

I posted earlier on about the honey, was just thinking now,

Time of death is written, so have the honey and medicine you have, dont suffer.

May ALLAH grant us n ummah complete shifaa, ameen ameen ameen

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2016, 08:17 AM
:salamext:

Sis, how old are you? Try and busy yourself in gaining Islamic knowledge - honestly, once you get deep into the knowledge of Islam, it is soooooooooo interesting :ma:, you will not want to stop gaining knowledge.

Would you like a friend to talk to? PM me x

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
:salamext:

Sis, how old are you? Try and busy yourself in gaining Islamic knowledge - honestly, once you get deep into the knowledge of Islam, it is soooooooooo interesting :ma:, you will not want to stop gaining knowledge.

Would you like a friend to talk to? PM me x
*you asked me that before* i'm 14 .

islam already is interesting to me, its the only reason why i'm living..

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2016, 09:36 AM
*you asked me that before* i'm 14 .

islam already is interesting to me, its the only reason why i'm living..
Apologies, we've had many young members on the forum recently.

May Allaah grant you relief from your hardship, Ameen x

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 09:49 AM
everything is really confusing and over my head...i have no idea what's going on or what i should be doing... but i talked to my grandmother instead.

my mom started crying and then they're both speaking in spanish and blah blah blah( i have no idea what they were talking about) i understood some of it...i guess they're trying to get rid of me or i guess handing the responsibilities to my grandmother or something. she cancelled her flight and is taking me for some tests.........

i still dont know what is going on...........

~ Sabr ~
05-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Sabr . . . :ia: - Recite Darood Shareef when you are stressed.

"On no soul does Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear."
[Qur'aan, Chapter 2, Verse 286]

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 10:44 AM
...........i got to go for the tests! salam!
be right back!

ardianto
05-02-2016, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abumuslim82
OP, please this lady is ignorant, go see her posts on the polygamy thread. what an excuse for a human being.
If you have problem about polygamy with sister sabr, you should argue her in polygamy thread, not in this thread.

@Moderator Please delete all off-topic posts.

ramen-thelegend
05-02-2016, 02:56 PM
thank you so much @Eric H @noraina @~sabr~ @ardianto @anatolian @hisnameiszzz @*charisma* @Muhaba @Serinity @Hamza :) @Aisha @sister herb @sam789 @Souljette

i was so not ready to go for it but i did so...and turns out i've been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. the doctors said i have to be hospitalised asap. a bone marrow transplant could work( i dont want prolonged chemotherapy and stuff) for now. and maybe after the surgery i'll have to keep visiting the hospital after a fortnight or so.

i dont remember the details...as i'm writing this , my mom and my grandma are arguing about the surgery. my grandmother wants to get it done in wales and get proper treatment while my mom wants to get rid of it in pakistan. i cant really do it in pakistan because my brother is giving his o'level exam on wednesday..........

i dont know what i should be doing...

Serinity
05-02-2016, 03:06 PM
:salam: @ramen-thelegend

Bismillahi rahmani raheem

when did you notice you had cancer? Cause I read on Wiki that

"As an acute leukemia, AML progresses rapidly and is typically fatal within weeks or months if left untreated."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_myeloid_leukemia

May Allah SWT, The Most Merciful, Cure you. Ameen. And May Allah SWT protect us from any disease. Ameen.

sister herb
05-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Oh dear sister. May Allah be with you and help you to recover. imsad But anyways good that you met a doctor. The sooner your treatment can begin, that´s better for you.

I´ll make duas for you - and a lot.

Aisha
05-02-2016, 03:21 PM
That was a very speedy diagnosis.. Especially if you consider the fact that it doesn't just require a simple blood test.

hisnameiszzz
05-02-2016, 03:59 PM
I doubt you will be allowed to fly to Pakistan if it as serious as it sounds. When my Dad was really poorly, he wanted to go and see his sisters back home in India but the consultant told him no.

Get it treated here as soon as you can dear. And never give up hope.

Please feel free to pm me if you want to chat to someone. A few others have also offered this to you.

And please stop worrying about your brothers exams. Your health is more important at this moment in time. We need to get you healthy again so you can grow up to be a lovely pious Muslimah.

Muslim Woman
05-02-2016, 04:41 PM
:sl:

to my knowledge , he was under house arrest . Did not have power to take decision of his own . So , if he could not go hospital , it was not suicide but a kind of murder . And Allah knows Best.

sis , don't waste time , tell ur parents . Do the necessary actions and keep praying dua to Allah .

Prophet (SAW)'s Prayers
For the cure of any illness
Ayesha (R.A.) stated that when anyone among them had an illness, Prophet Mohammad (SAW.) used to rub the area of the pain reciting the following dua:
أَذْهِبِ الْبَأْسَ رَبَّ النَّاسِ وَاشْفِ أَنْتَ الشَّافِي لَا شِفَاءَ إِلَّا شِفَاؤُكَ شِفَاءٌ لَا يُغَادِرُ سَقَمَاً
"O Lord of the people, remove this pain and cure it, You are the one who cures and there is no one besides You who can cure, grant such a cure that no illness remains".
"Ayesha (R.A.) stated that when Prophet Mohammad (SAW.) was ill, he used to recite the four Quls, blow on his hands and pass them over on the back and front. He also recited these surahs, blew on his hands and passed them over his body during his fatal illness".

(Bukhari, Muslim)
http://www.searchtruth.com/dua/index.php?dua=81

anatolian
05-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Salam again ramen. Didnt the doctor tell you whether you need to get the treatment asap or you can wait until you go to wales?

ardianto
05-02-2016, 10:28 PM
My niece Ramen,

I understand if you are so shocked by diagnose result. But you should not lose your hope. There are many people who cured from this illness, and reach their dream. This is what you have to become, stay strong, and reach your dream in the future.

I am not doctor. So I can't give medical advice. The only thing that I can do for you is giving you spirit, and make dua for you, like I have done after I performed salah. I am sure people around you do the same thing too. It's because they want you stay strong, reach your future dream, and become the legend. So, don't disappoint them. Don't lose your hope.

We love you, Ramen. :)

sam789
05-02-2016, 11:03 PM
May i ask what the symptoms you experienced were that made your uncle diagnose you of a possible cancer?
I'm sorry to hear about the official diagnosis :( , insha'allah you'll be able to recover with the surgery. Remember that Allah willed this to happen so if Allah wills you can get cured too. To think about Allah's horrific power and meditate on these things leaves one in absolute fear.It just proves that we don't control anything and can't help but surrender and just pray for the best things to happen. We can only pray and hope, but to allah belongs the true power.
May allah grant you good health and patience.

ramen-thelegend
05-03-2016, 12:47 AM
i'm sorry but i need advice from one of the very wise members here, who's not muslim ( Eric H) and i guess the purpose of the thread is finished so i'll reply to all you people here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post2892334

abumuslim82
05-03-2016, 04:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
If you have problem about polygamy with sister sabr, you should argue her in polygamy thread, not in this thread.

@Moderator Please delete all off-topic posts.
Nafsaniyat

05-03-2016, 08:05 AM
thank you so much @Eric H @noraina @~sabr~ @ardianto @anatolian @hisnameiszzz @*charisma* @Muhaba @Serinity @Hamza :) @Aisha @sister herb @sam789 @Souljette

i was so not ready to go for it but i did so...and turns out i've been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. the doctors said i have to be hospitalised asap. a bone marrow transplant could work( i dont want prolonged chemotherapy and stuff) for now. and maybe after the surgery i'll have to keep visiting the hospital after a fortnight or so.

i dont remember the details...as i'm writing this , my mom and my grandma are arguing about the surgery. my grandmother wants to get it done in wales and get proper treatment while my mom wants to get rid of it in pakistan. i cant really do it in pakistan because my brother is giving his o'level exam on wednesday..........

i dont know what i should be doing...
may Allah ease your affairs

Muhaba
05-03-2016, 07:59 PM
May Allah cure you. Yeah, get treatment asap . Don't wait. And read ruqya too. A lot. Because it can finish the cancer. Cancer is an awful disease that is life threatening at times and if the disease by itself doesn't kill you, then the treatment can because chemotherapy can badly damage the body. And ruqya and the power of dua I greatly believe in.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.