/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Perennialism

MayAllahForgive
04-30-2016, 10:16 AM
I have been getting waswasa about Perennialism most recently, I keep telling myself that Allah only gave us Islam and there are proofs about that. Can you counsel me on how to clear any of these doubts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
04-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Salam bro.

Dont make it a waswasa. I have read the book "The Perennial Philosophy" of Aldous Huxley some years ago. I indeed view that as a proof of Islam. You know how we believe. There was Islam at first and then people corrupted it. So, still there is some truth in every religion and philosophy (since most of the philosophies are influenced from religions) that comes from the very first true teaching that Allah revealed.

Actually I had a similar kind of a waswasa once upon a time and I overcame of it by this way of thinking.

Serinity
04-30-2016, 05:23 PM
:salam:

Serinity
04-30-2016, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreedomStands
Maybe cover your eyes from the truth if you think it is best not to be aware of things and learn about things. Be sure to plug your ears as well though if you really wish for more security.

"Perennialism in education is the belief that schools should teach ideas that are everlasting."

Ah, so that is what I was apparently accused of. Well, I guess I can't deny teaching about what is Everlasting (Allah).

Now how do I unbold this? Hold on, let me cover my eyes and plug my ears and then tell me.
Stop mocking me. Edit this post. I will edit mine.. If you ever try to mock me again, I will report you. May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

And your sarcasm is not welcome. Stop it.

Humans can't teach ever lasting ideas. Only ALLAH can. Ie. Timeles Ideas. And Allah SWT is NOT an idea, Audhu billah! May Allah forgive us. Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MayAllahForgive
04-30-2016, 05:35 PM
Now I get waswasa about Quran, my mind keeps on trying to find contradictions even though I don't want to. Everytime I try to read the English version if the Quran I always read a bit and close it because my mind is telling me im trying to find contradictions.

Serinity
04-30-2016, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MayAllahForgive
Now I get waswasa about Quran, my mind keeps on trying to find contradictions even though I don't want to. Everytime I try to read the English version if the Quran I always read a bit and close it because my mind is telling me im trying to find contradictions.
Ignore them, The Quran is perfect, and if you've doubts, ask scholars here. Don't be afraid to ask, and learn how to ask questions.

May Allah SWT protect us. Ameen.

MayAllahForgive
04-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Would studying comparative religion help strengthen my deen and clear any doubts or waswasa? Or will it lead into a deeper ditch of confusion? I want your opinion on this people please.

Serinity
04-30-2016, 05:52 PM
Would studying comparative religion help strengthen my deen and clear any doubts or waswasa? Or will it lead into a deeper ditch of confusion? I want your opinion on this people please.
No, don't go to the comparative religion section. Ask in the Clarifications about Islam. You'll only accumulate more doubts, and perhaps fallacious doubts, and viruses.

It is like saying "I've a virus, perhaps knowing more viruses will make it better?" don't get me wrong, doubts can be a means for you to become a better Muslim.

I mean you could, but I think it is best that you ask a scholar all the questions you have.

anatolian
04-30-2016, 06:12 PM
I dont think it will help you right now but it may cause more confusion. Just know that there can be some truth in every religion but Allah revealed the ultimate truth 1400 years ago for all mankind to clear the falsehoods. Allah confirms that it will not be corrupted.

Quran 17:81 "And say: The truth has come and the falsehood has vanished; surely falsehood is a vanishing (thing)."

Quran has no contradictions. Read it to understand what it is saying. Meditate on it.

Quran 4:82 "Do they not then meditate on the Quran? And if it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy"

abumuslim82
04-30-2016, 06:22 PM
Salaam all Muslims

Shaytaan is our enemy, ha wants to lead us to jahannum

But heyyyyy guess what , we not afraid of him, why ?

Coz we the best of creation.

Make alot of dua brothers and sisters, ALLAH will help us, inshaALLAH

MayAllahForgive
05-03-2016, 08:53 PM
If anyone else has waswasa about this annoying Perennialism heres what I concluded after a long battle with my mind (please correct me if this is anyway wrong); OCD NOTES:
Tuesday 3rd May 2016:
Today I had OCD thoughts about Perennialism, however I finally cleared these thought by realizing Allah only gave us Al-Islam, and all the other religions are not really religions but they just falsified the messages given from Allah to the prophets and made it into their own 'religion'. They are just 'way's of life' that they made, and the only religion Allah gave us is Islam, and no other religion can conpare to Islam, Islam is the only religion that Ibrahim and the other Prophets and Messengers followed. Allah only called it Islam in the Quran but the ultimate meaning is submission to Allah, so before it was called Al-Islam, all the prophets and messengers were still teaching mankind about Islam.

Muhaba
05-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Well, you won't find any contradictions. There are none. The Quran has been read and disected by all types of people for over 14 centuries and no one was able to find any contradictions or discrepancies, so what makes you think you will.

Just read it with an open mind and not any preconceived ideas and you'll be all right. One more thing, if you hear it being recited, listen to the recitation instead of doing anything else that keeps you from paying attention. otherwise you may have your ears covered - and that's a physical barrier. Allah says to listen to the Quran when it's being recited so mercy may be done to you. The opposite is also true. If you ignore it, you won't have any mercy and you may be led astray.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!