/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is my salat invalid?

Sami X
05-01-2016, 12:29 PM
I Always pray at work & recently i pray in a room who is for resting. So there was a coworker (a girl) who also needed to rest cuz of her bad back. So we shared the room, her laying on the bed & Me praying a few metres away. So the question is: Is my salat invalid?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
05-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Asalamualykum,

I think you should try your utmost to find an alternative room where you can pray.

Please have a read of the below answer:

If a woman prays alongside a man but there is a barrier between them, such as a wall, or a gap which is wide enough for a person to stand and pray there, then the prayer is valid according to the majority of scholars among the Hanafis, Maalikis, Shaafa’is and Hanbalis, but they differed with regard to a woman who prays beside a man with nothing separating them.

The Hanafis are of the view that she invalidates the prayer of three men: one to her right, another to her left and a third behind her, subject to conditions that they mentioned, which may be summed up by saying that if the woman is desirable, has reached the age of seven years or is of marriageable age, with some variations in the madhhab on this point, and she joins in a regular prayer with a man, which includes bowing and prostrating, and they join together simultaneously in the opening takbeer and the prayer, and the imam intended to lead women in prayer, and other details which may be referred to in their books.

For more information please visit: https://islamqa.info/en/79122

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.