/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with criticism and discouragement

Arfa
05-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Aoa members,I wanted to ask you what happens has anybody of you gone through it if you have a dream in your life and constantly you are surrounded by negative mind sets who dull your shine and demotivate you??what can be done to keep oneself motivated.I read inspirational articles,watch motivational islamic videos and feel better but I still feel emptiness inside for a stronger support and I connect with Allah and know ARRahman won't abandon me so I move on,...but is there a medicine or cure fr dealing with negative people??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
05-01-2016, 03:13 PM
:sl:

Even running IB, yep I get plenty of those type of people. Indeed it gets lonely up there..

I read a few quotes on negative people, you should just raise the rent and kick them out :D. :ia: your life will become more peaceful that way.

But honest and genuine criticism, don't ignore because we all need to improve ourselves in some way :).

Also take a read of: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ve-people.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ple-drain.html
and
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-10-happy.html

:)

ardianto
05-01-2016, 03:16 PM

The only medicine for dealing with negative people is gather with positive people.

Arfa
05-01-2016, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

The only medicine for dealing with negative people is gather with positive people.
If it was that easy yes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-01-2016, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arfa A Khan
If it was that easy yes.
You don't have to move from environment of negative people into environment of positive people, if you can't. But you need to have enough interaction with positive people and do activities together with them. This interaction must be in real form which you really meet them physically, not just meet in internet.

I understand if you feel you can't do it as easy as some other people because environment maybe different. There are environment where easy to meet positive people, there are environment which not. But gathered and do activities with positive people is the only way to counter influence from negative mindset people. I found it from my study about human resources.

*charisma*
05-01-2016, 05:45 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

The only people who have the power to do that are the people you care about or care about you. Sometimes what we see as negative is only a sound of reason that we are choosing to ignore. Other times it could just be that the people don't understand your vision or are jealous of you. In any case there has to be a platform of understanding and communication and respect, without that there will not be any success.

If I have a dream and there's someone always putting it down, his opinion only becomes valid if he has experience in the subject, knows me, is communicating with me (not ignoring or acting indifferent or arrogant), and at the end of it all still wants the best for me and my akhira. If these are absent, then you have to leave them out of your plans for success.

Arfa
05-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Thankyou!farhan bro All Articles are insightFul specially loll at people who's sentences end with but its good

Arfa
05-01-2016, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
You don't have to move from environment of negative people into environment of positive people, if you can't. But you need to have enough interaction with positive people and do activities together with them. This interaction must be in real form which you really meet them physically, not just meet in internet.

I understand if you feel you can't do it as easy as some other people because environment maybe different. There are environment where easy to meet positive people, there are environment which not. But gathered and do activities with positive people is the only way to counter influence from negative mindset people. I found it from my study about human resources.
Yes agreed on this advice

M.I.A.
05-01-2016, 06:47 PM
The last ten years have been an up hill struggle.. Iv literally heard the worst of things from those closest to me.

...unfortunately I removed myself from my circle of friends around the same time.

..and thankfully they are successful.

It's insane how my path has been constricted.

But the narrower it gets the more I understand there is nothing else..

It would be easy to attribute it to the devil.. A lot harder to keep faith in Allah swt.

And if words are transgression then know I gave most of those up also.

Allah swt is swift to hold to account.. Probably..

I get my hair cut once a year, the barber says nothing will change..

There is no better voice to replace him with.

noraina
05-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Assalamu alaykum

One of the ironies of life is that the more you try to positively make a change, the more people may criticise you. Of course, there is a difference between constructive advice and someone actually attempting to discourage you, but I think from their very attitude the difference is pretty clear. :) Trusted family and friends, or people of sound knowledge and experience, are in a position to critique ideas or offer reasoning, imo, with others it can often be plain negativity.

Just learn to take on board any sound advice, and zone out the whining or discouragement. It can be difficult to at times, but minimising contact with such people, and not taking what they say to heart, can truly relieve you of so much stress and burdens. Keeping company with those who improve you as a Muslim and a person is so essential, do not be in the company of those who make you feel bad or inadequate.

May Allah SWT allow us all to keep good companions and keep any form of negativity away from our minds and hearts. Ameen :)

Arfa
05-03-2016, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Assalamu alaykum

One of the ironies of life is that the more you try to positively make a change, the more people may criticise you. Of course, there is a difference between constructive advice and someone actually attempting to discourage you, but I think from their very attitude the difference is pretty clear. :) Trusted family and friends, or people of sound knowledge and experience, are in a position to critique ideas or offer reasoning, imo, with others it can often be plain negativity.

Just learn to take on board any sound advice, and zone out the whining or discouragement. It can be difficult to at times, but minimising contact with such people, and not taking what they say to heart, can truly relieve you of so much stress and burdens. Keeping company with those who improve you as a Muslim and a person is so essential, do not be in the company of those who make you feel bad or inadequate.

May Allah SWT allow us all to keep good companions and keep any form of negativity away from our minds and hearts. Ameen :)
I agree sister regarding ignoring such negative people ,actually some people want to feel superior to you and that's why they like downgrading you judging you and make you feel bad naturally momentarily at least.my point is to be so full of positivity and faith that you don't waste your energy much on such stuff...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.