/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is astrology in ALL forms haram?

Mustafa16
05-01-2016, 09:36 PM
I know it is shirk to try and predict the future using astrology...but that's not what I'm referring to.....what I mean is when they say that if you were born in a certain month than you have a certain personality....also, what about numerology?
is this haram?
salam,
Mustafa16

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
05-01-2016, 09:46 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

I for one am sceptical of all forms of astrology. To give certain characteristics to numbers and stars which they do not have, or to assign any form of significance to being born in a particular month or believe that this has an effect on your personality or destiny - sounds a little too close to shirk and associations to me.

SubhanAllah being Aquarius or being born on the 5th of a month has no meaning whatsoever, whatever your personality may be depends on yourself and whatever your destiny may be is entirely up to Allah SWT. Stars and such are signs of His existence, of course, but don't have any play to role in how your life unfolds and are in no way attached to 'telling' us something about ourselves.

I would steer clear from it - it is honestly superstition and nonsense and many of these so-called astrologers are frauds who rob people of their money.

Maybe I'm just sensitive to this issue. I'm into astronomy and way too many people confuse this with astrology, and I'm like please don't insult my deen or my intelligence :facepalm:

ardianto
05-01-2016, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16
what I mean is when they say that if you were born in a certain month than you have a certain personality
I know zodiacs of some people around me, but honestly, I don't see relevance between zodiac and character.

Kiro
05-03-2016, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

I for one am sceptical of all forms of astrology. To give certain characteristics to numbers and stars which they do not have, or to assign any form of significance to being born in a particular month or believe that this has an effect on your personality or destiny - sounds a little too close to shirk and associations to me.

SubhanAllah being Aquarius or being born on the 5th of a month has no meaning whatsoever, whatever your personality may be depends on yourself and whatever your destiny may be is entirely up to Allah SWT. Stars and such are signs of His existence, of course, but don't have any play to role in how your life unfolds and are in no way attached to 'telling' us something about ourselves.

I would steer clear from it - it is honestly superstition and nonsense and many of these so-called astrologers are frauds who rob people of their money.

Maybe I'm just sensitive to this issue. I'm into astronomy and way too many people confuse this with astrology, and I'm like please don't insult my deen or my intelligence :facepalm:
its kinda fun to see what sign you have according to the stuff like Zodiac.

But I know you shouldn't really believe in them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
noraina
05-03-2016, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
its kinda fun to see what sign you have according to the stuff like Zodiac.

But I know you shouldn't really believe in them.
It is fun I suppose, I think I'm Aquarius - random fact, lol. It reminds me of the gypsy palm-readers at the market, they used to creep me out when I was younger - I haven't seen them for years though.

Just drives me up the wall when I see people, especially Muslims, taking seriously voodoo like this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.