/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allah is known through reason

whosebob
05-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Recently I read Harun Yahya’s book called Allah is known through reason mashallah. It’s a great book that opens up one’s mind about the logic of Allah’s existence mashallah. The sections that I found fascinating are the way Allah created animals to mimic nature and the surroundings mashallah. Here’s an extract from his book. I hope it helps those looking for proof of Allah’s existence inshallah.

False Eyes shapes in animals

There are some incredible and unimaginably interesting defence methods in the animal world. One of these is false eyes. With such false eyes, various butterfly, caterpillar and fish species convince their enemies that they are 'dangerous'.

The butterflies open their wings as soon as they sense a danger and display a pair of eyes on each of their wings which appear quite threatening to their enemies.

Let us take our time and think: can these extremely convincing eyes be the result of a coincidence? How does the butterfly know that a pair of scary eyes appear when it opens its wings and that this view would frighten its enemy? Has the butterfly happened to see the pattern on its wings and decided that this pattern was frightening and that it could use it in a
moment of danger?

Such a convincing pattern can be the result only of a conscious design, not of coincidences. Moreover, it is by no means possible to think that the butterfly is aware of the patterns on its wings and discovered this as a defence tactic by itself. It is obvious that Allah, Who created the butterfly, bestowed on its body such a pattern and inspired in the animal the instinct to use it in moments of danger.

All Harun Yahya’s books are frees to download mashallah.
Here’s a link to download the book.

http://www.harunyahya.com/list/type/...eason/limit/20

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
05-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by whosebob
All Harun Yahya’s books are frees to download mashallah.
There's a reason his books are free.

If you think Harun Yahya is a good role model for Muslims to learn from, I suggest you have a look at his Turkish TV show.

Peace

whosebob
05-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Why are you on this forum? You looking for hope right. With everything that you have read you still don't believe. The same thing happened with Pharoah. God sent Moses to him and evens granted Moses Miracles to show Pharoah the way, yet he still did not believe. When Moses parted the red sea by Allah's command and saved the Jews, Phaorah was so ignorant that he still went into the sea. Allah then released the oceans. Only then did he believe when he saw Allah's power but Allah told him, It's to late. Don't be like Phaorah when you die Czgibson. Change while you still can.

Pygoscelis
05-02-2016, 03:32 PM
The butterflies open their wings as soon as they sense a danger and display a pair of eyes on each of their wings which appear quite threatening to their enemies.

Let us take our time and think: can these extremely convincing eyes be the result of a coincidence?
These convincing "eyes" are the result of mutation and natural selection. That is not random and is not coincidence. Nor is it consciously designed.

How does the butterfly know that a pair of scary eyes appear when it opens its wings and that this view would frighten its enemy? Has the butterfly happened to see the pattern on its wings and decided that this pattern was frightening and that it could use it in a moment of danger?
The butterfly doesn't know. It is a butterfly. It doesn't have much of a brain and doesn't think like a human. At best, perhaps it will learn that opening its wings scares away some predators, but I doubt it even knows that and think it is probably just a reflex also built in through natural selection.

Such a convincing pattern can be the result only of a conscious design, not of coincidences.
Evolution is not coincidences. Selection is active. It just isn't conscious design.

It is obvious that Allah, Who created the butterfly, bestowed on its body such a pattern and inspired in the animal the instinct to use it in moments of danger.
You don't need Allah to explain it. Mutation and natural selection is enough. I challenge you to actually think about it, and perhaps show us what Allah adds that can't possibly happen without Allah. Do it convincingly, without a god-of-the-gaps argument, and you could win a Nobel Prize.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
05-02-2016, 03:39 PM
:salam: whosebob

There is conscious design everywhere, people just need to open their eyes.

whosebob
05-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Keep on telling yourself that. It's so logical that evens a child understands what I am trying to explain. A child has a clearer perpective and they innocent. It's adults that loose there way by reading intellectual notes by clever people that have a way of twisting the truth. May Allah guide you guys. Just take note Satan got you so twisted that you are blind. The only thing that will save you is a miracle.

czgibson
05-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Greetings,

Why are you on this forum?
Hang on, you've started a thread about Harun Yahya, and now you want to derail your own thread and talk about me? I'm here to learn more about Islam and talk with Muslims. Do you have any objection to that, or should I have checked with you first?

How about we get back to Harun Yahya? What do you think of his TV show?

Peace

Serinity
05-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Keep on telling yourself that. It's so logical that evens a child understands what I am trying to explain. A child has a clearer perpective and they innocent. It's adults that loose there way by reading intellectual notes by clever people that have a way of twisting the truth. May Allah guide you guys. Just take note Satan got you so twisted that you are blind. The only thing that will save you is a miracle.
Ikr. May Allah SWT protect us from such blindness. Ameen.

I gotta advice you, don't stump down to their level of blindness, otherwise they'll confuse you with experience.

Hhj
05-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Isn't he a freemasonist?

M.I.A.
05-02-2016, 07:47 PM
I had a misunderstanding with a young man, that left after being passive aggressive..

He turned up a week later and I didn't shake his hand when offered..

He asked me why and I explained, it was a heated exchange..

Although even with my words I said the only reason was for change for the better..

He explained that he talks to the local children to give them dahwa and prays five times a day..

Using different words he still says the same thing as last week..

He walks away to be greeted by local children at the door..

Honestly, sometimes there is no reasoning.. People say whatever they can say and any questioning is a challenge to belief.

But there is no denying the keeper.. For either of us.

The tongue can be a cruel thing..

I would think that applies to all.

Although he did ask me if I was Muslim o_0

...I'm not sure I'm doing an 84 hour week.

goodwill
05-02-2016, 09:28 PM
God's creatures are so fascinating. I discern intelligent design in the crude camouflage of military uniforms. How much more in the sophisticated camouflage of butterflies and other creatures, including the lizards that live just outside my house.

anatolian
05-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Salam. Those books re not written by Harun yahya. He just pays people to write them. He even pays Christians. Maybe that book Was written by a christian. I dont say it is wrong. It is indeed good. However, as czgibson says he is a really so funny character. He has a great lust for women. However again, this doesnt disprove the authencity of those books. There can be good points to learn from.

whosebob
05-03-2016, 05:00 AM
Backbiting is'nt a good thing. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all. Those are the words of the Prophet. His a good man that has given so much to Islam. Don't let other peoples sway you from reading his books. There are so many gems his shared with his writings mashallah.

Abz2000
05-03-2016, 06:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
These convincing "eyes" are the result of mutation and natural selection. That is not random and is not coincidence. Nor is it consciously designed.

The butterfly doesn't know. It is a butterfly. It doesn't have much of a brain and doesn't think like a human. At best, perhaps it will learn that opening its wings scares away some predators, but I doubt it even knows that and think it is probably just a reflex also built in through natural selection.

Evolution is not coincidences. Selection is active. It just isn't conscious design.

You don't need Allah to explain it. Mutation and natural selection is enough. I challenge you to actually think about it, and perhaps show us what Allah adds that can't possibly happen without Allah. Do it convincingly, without a god-of-the-gaps argument, and you could win a Nobel Prize.
Pygo, if what we see around us and within ourselves has come about through an evolving process, the initial matter being a gasseous/misty/precipitated substance, wouldn't it be even more amazing if Adam was the first being defined as man in that process, and the mold of Adam along with all physical traits which he would develop at a certain age was already displayed verbatim and interviewed before the angels before the evolutionary process even started?

Would you then, after taking into consideration the harmony and dependent interconnectedness of celestial objects, wonder if it was just random, selection semi aware self selection or would you say that there is a very vast and deep source of intelligence and power with the ability to shape and decree, with plans that span billions of years at least?

1. You would have to be honest with yourself and wonder at the import of being able to know precisely future events that have a variety of seemingly random and haphazard unco-ordinated factors shaping them (something that God has displayed through those whome He chose as objects of demonstration).

2. In order to deny the Creator you would have to present a rationally explainable alternative source of all physical material, without hiding or surpressing relevant knowledge and evidence that would prove or indicate otherwise and explain where the spark of intelligence to choose and evolve came from, explain how two/three items which cannot function without the others somehow all appeared at the same time and began to work together (doesn't sound like unassisted positive evolution does it?)

Kiro
05-03-2016, 08:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam: whosebob

There is conscious design everywhere, people just need to open their eyes.
I think the brother here explains it well. I find it hard to believe otherwise

Pygoscelis
05-03-2016, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Pygo, if what we see around us and within ourselves has come about through an evolving process, the initial matter being a gasseous/misty/precipitated substance, wouldn't it be even more amazing if Adam was the first being defined as man in that process, and the mold of Adam along with all physical traits which he would develop at a certain age was already displayed verbatim and interviewed before the angels before the evolutionary process even started?

Would you then, after taking into consideration the harmony and dependent interconnectedness of celestial objects, wonder if it was just random, selection semi aware self selection or would you say that there is a very vast and deep source of intelligence and power with the ability to shape and decree, with plans that span billions of years at least?

1. You would have to be honest with yourself and wonder at the import of being able to know precisely future events that have a variety of seemingly random and haphazard unco-ordinated factors shaping them (something that God has displayed through those whome He chose as objects of demonstration).

2. In order to deny the Creator you would have to present a rationally explainable alternative source of all physical material, without hiding or surpressing relevant knowledge and evidence that would prove or indicate otherwise and explain where the spark of intelligence to choose and evolve came from, explain how two/three items which cannot function without the others somehow all appeared at the same time and began to work together (doesn't sound like unassisted positive evolution does it?)
Sure. I would be amazed, but more because your "What if" includes the existence of Angels and Gods. If Angels and Gods exist, then any magical and otherwise irrational thing isn't so amazing or unlikely.

And Yes, Gods COULD exist, though we have no good reason to believe that they do. My point was that you don't NEED them to explain what was being discussed. Eye spots on butterflies are perfectly explainable by natural selection and mutation, and all evidence we have points in that direction.

M.I.A.
05-03-2016, 02:21 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution

Butterfly's.. Em...moths are a good example.

Maybe after flies they are easy to see evolution in... Probably...

Let's not stay here the moths are black.. Said no one ever..

Also...I haven't seen a robin since the 80's :/

ardianto
05-03-2016, 02:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

There's a reason his books are free.

If you think Harun Yahya is a good role model for Muslims to learn from, I suggest you have a look at his Turkish TV show.

Peace
Greeting.

I prefer to learn Islam from sheikh in traditional madrasa than learn from Harun Yahya. Harun Yahya is type of Muslim who make his own interpretation of Islam to be fit with science, although actually doesn't fit.

One of his popular flaw is he interpret seven heavens as seven layers of atmosphere. If seven heavens is really the seven layers of atmosphere, then the paradise in the seventh heaven already could be seen by satellite.

M.I.A.
05-03-2016, 02:46 PM
The cow 210, sorry not far in really..

:/ ...anything is possible or extremely difficult to explain.

czgibson
05-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Greetings,

Backbiting is'nt a good thing. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all. Those are the words of the Prophet. His a good man that has given so much to Islam. Don't let other peoples sway you from reading his books. There are so many gems his shared with his writings mashallah.
Thankfully I'm not bound by the Prophet's restriction on backbiting.

Adnan Oktar (aka Harun Yahya) is a transparent charlatan, an egomaniac who covers himself in gold jewellery and surrounds himself with young blonde women with suspiciously similar "surgical enhancements". His naive creationist texts show a staggering ignorance of basic biology, and have been unanimously rejected by the mainstream scientific community. As the leader of an "Islamic Sex Cult" (not my words) he has faced several criminal arrests and incarcerations, as well as countless accusations of sexual abuse and drug use from former members of his organisation.

He is a disgrace to your religion, practically the living embodiment of all that is haram, yet people continue to fall for his con because of his glossy, smartly-printed books and the ill-informed prejudice against evolution in parts of the Muslim world.

Peace

anatolian
05-03-2016, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
He is a disgrace to your religion
I want to object this statement...No one is a disgrace to my religion. Neither to all Muslims. People just do mistakes. He can be a disgrace to people who follow him only.

Abz2000
05-04-2016, 07:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Sure. I would be amazed, but more because your "What if" includes the existence of Angels and Gods. If Angels and Gods exist, then any magical and otherwise irrational thing isn't so amazing or unlikely.

And Yes, Gods COULD exist, though we have no good reason to believe that they do. My point was that you don't NEED them to explain what was being discussed. Eye spots on butterflies are perfectly explainable by natural selection and mutation, and all evidence we have points in that direction.
Will be made clear soon inshaAllah,
The op's post was about the miraculous nature of the phenomena and how it assists the creature, the op's foundation is based upon a rational explanation from start to finish, the claim that it just so happened with no basis of origin and no source of intelligence sounds irrational, it reminded me immediately about scene in a comedy :called "the piglet files" i sometimes watched when i was little, they find a man who they'd locked up with a spy woman dead and he's been poisoned with a syringe, the woman
decides to blame them and they all stand around the agent who'd picked up the syringe still containing traces of liquid, they discuss and decide to send it off to the lab in order to find out what it is, but one of their agents chimes in "you don't have to send it to the labs to find out what it is, i already know!" They all go silent and focus on him in anticipation, "why it's a syringe!" he jubilantly and proudly proclaims.........

Serinity
05-04-2016, 08:13 AM
To say this came without an intelligent designer is like to say a car spawned out of nowhere, from minerals or what not..

it is more rational to say that our universe is a product of intelligent design, who is conscious. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

I don't and won't buy that a butterfly in whosebob's post could come without intelligent design - it is simply ridiculous. It is more rational and logical to say that Allah SWT created it.

It is like saying a programming language like Java script came unconsciously, simply ridiculous. Java scripts has rules etc. Did you know our genetics etc. Are coded by Allah SWT? Only Allah SWT could create such a being like us.

czgibson
05-04-2016, 09:07 AM
Greetings,

To say this came without an intelligent designer is like to say a car spawned out of nowhere, from minerals or what not..

Peace

Pygoscelis
05-04-2016, 01:42 PM
No. It is not like that at all. And I have explained this to you before. Your comparison doesn't have ANYTHING needed for evolution. There is no replication, mutation or natural selection in "a car spawned out of nowhere, from minerals or what not". Why are you trying so hard not to understand what evolution is?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.