/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to understand trials?

dreamcatcher
05-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Allah should care more about his broken believers but he breaks them beyond repair for some unknown reason where suicide is the only option left.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ramen-thelegend
05-03-2016, 04:10 PM
there are a million reasons for that. i know it! but i cant explain it:embarrass

dont worry you'll get answers soon.

in btw, ALLAH does not care for some specific people man...neither does he break them nor is suicide the only option, suicide is failing..which is the easier way out.

~ Sabr ~
05-03-2016, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
Allah should care more about his broken believers but he breaks them beyond repair for some unknown reason where suicide is the only option left.
:salamext:

You are falling prey to the shaytaan if you think this. Allâh subhaan wa taala Loves his creation x70 more than their mothers. Would your mother want to hurt you?

Muslim Woman
05-03-2016, 04:44 PM
:sl:

don't miss salat , recite Quran daily. Focus on hereafter rather than this dunya . In sha Allah , life hereafter will be better for us .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
05-03-2016, 04:48 PM
I know it seems hard to believe sometimes, but it is the evil in the world trying to make you think that Allah is harming you and driving you to despair. It is an illusion! Allah does not do this. Even if your mother would harm you, Allah would not.

sister herb
05-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Allah's grace is boundless, but His followers' understanding is not always enough to understand His love and mercy.

This reminded to me a story about a man who saw a dream where he walked on the beach with the God. Obiviously it´s not originally Islamic story but it´s suitable to this:

"One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my God.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my God.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the God about it.
"God, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

(Mary Stevenson)

noraina
05-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Suicide is not the only option left, it is at times like this when pressing your forehead to the ground in sujood is so liberating.

There is this hadith which says 'when Allah SWT wishes well for His servant, He afflicts him with trials'. Basically that through trials is when you can receive expiation for your sins and gain closeness to your Lord.

It goes without saying we can be heedless when everything is going well, when hardships come we realise this world is just temporary and true perfection and happiness is in Jannah, which is what we should be striving for inshaAllah.

Maybe this is a little redundant of me to say so, but read the lives of the Prophets (AS), especially Ibrahim (AS), and Ayyub (AS) and the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), subhanAllah they went through so much trials and hardships, and yet remained patient and were rewarded with Jannatul Firdaus.

noraina
05-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Consider this quote: “For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction" Perhaps Allah SWT tests so that we can realise - and reach- our full potential.

Serinity
05-03-2016, 05:53 PM
:salam: dreamcatcher

Don't judge Allah, ever, for that is ignorance. Will you judge a doctor who operates on a patient, and say "wow, how evil is that doctor!"

Btw, whatever mankind does in this world, should never be attributed to Allah. YEs, Allah SWT wills it, yes Allah SWT decrees it, yes Allah is aware of everything.

Why does this evil happen? because we don't turn to Allah. Will you judge a dentist or doctor and say "How evil you are!" the doctor says "why?" cause I see people on the street with cancer and people with pain!

But you know what? The people with cancer never came to the doctor, etc. If we don't turn to Allah SWT, we will get corrupted by the shaytaan.

And ever has shaytaan, to mankind, been an enemy.

Allah SWT is all-wise, and All-knowing, don't let this fading world delude you. Don't turn your back to Allah SWT.

The closer to Allah SWT you get, the harder it gets. Your imaan gets stronger, your tests gets harder.
I seek refuge within Allah from ill intentions and the accursed shaytaan. Ameen.

hisnameiszzz
05-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Hmm. I kind of agree with the OP to a certain extent. It's only some people that are troubled whilst most other people seem to fly through life regardless of what they do which is something I struggle to understand. I don't think suicide is the only option, although sometimes I guess that seem like the only option available.

I hate it when people say "you will be so blessed in the afterlife". If someone is going through so much trouble and hassle in their life, it's hard to get from one day to the next. The last thing someone in turmoil is going to think about is their afterlife. I work with people who are in very troubled situations and I know what it can be like. Yes, some of these people I work with are Muslims also.

I am at crisis point at the moment, and things seem to go from bad to worse from day to day. I know I am grateful for what I have, but you end up thinking "why me" again? I know being a victim is not good, but when you see all the people around you doing everything that Islam prohibits but have fabulous lives, you do end up thinking "**** that, I don't even know why I bother anymore"? I don't know if it's Satan speaking to me, whether I actually have lost the plot or what I am thinking is actually correct!

I do think suicide is my best option at times, but I am too much of a scared cat to cut my wrists and bleed to death. I just end up wondering who will look after my Mother and the other siblings?

M.I.A.
05-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Lol, plz don't die...

No but seriously, Allah swt says it's just a test to determine which of us believes.. And which of us is better..

Depends on what you think of as better..

No sucide allowed, broken minds can be mended..

Although we should all be greatful we don't live for ever.

Maybe you could aim for bipolar.. I'm kidding.

Nothing stays the same for ever.. Maybe you should seek better company.

Good brother
05-03-2016, 06:13 PM
Assalam alaikum,

As a slave, u should learn to respect your master, owner and creator.
إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِرَ اللَّهُ وَجِلَتْ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَإِذَا تُلِيَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُهُ زَادَتْهُمْ إِيمَانًا وَعَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ
The believers are only those who, when Allah is mentioned, their hearts become fearful, and when His verses are recited to them, it increases them in faith; and upon their Lord they rely -

Anfal:2

Every breath of a human, every moment of his or hers life in islam, its teachings, its guidance, its viewpoints, its perspectives is worth more than a priceless gem. These breaths the human being takes in order to survive in life and the moments of life itself are like the pearls of a necklace. Just as a pearl will embellish the appearance of that neck that wears the necklace of pearls, in the same way the life of a individual is enhanced by that person who looks after the moments of his life. No Treasure trove of any Ruler, no Sultanate of any Sultan, no Kingdom of any King, no Rulership of any Queen in tantamount is equal in value to one moment of an individuals life. Life in-fact in numerous places of the Quraan, either directly or indirectly, is described by Allah as a favour on human beings.
Read this:
http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/suicide-in-islam/
http://www.missionislam.com/health/suicidenotescape.htm

BeTheChange
05-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Asalamualykum all,

Why do we feel we are entitled to happiness when we lead a life full of sins?

Why make the assumption that Allah swt is punishing you? What if Allah swt is removing your bad deeds?

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “No pain, hardship, sickness or grief befalls a believer, not even worry that befalls him, but some of his bad deeds will be expiated.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5642) and Muslim (2573).

Allah swt is never unfair in what HE has been written for us.

Little do we understand and little do we know. We think we know but in reality we do not know anything and the knowledge that we do have is very limited and only an interpretation of our life.

Clearly it is easy to walk on the devils path & it takes courage and determination to stay steadfast on the deen.

Suicide is a major sin, and the one who does that is faced with a warning of eternity in the Fire of Hell, where Allaah will punish him with the means that he used to commit suicide. It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself will be throwing himself down in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever drinks poison and kills himself will be sipping it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron will have that iron in his hand, thrusting it into his belly in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5442) and Muslim (109)

I don't know what has happened in your life or what had led you to consider suicide but you must try and find the root cause of why you feel like this and take appropriate measures to remove the pain/depression in your life.

Change your perspective about Allah swt and read about the lives of our prophets peace be upon them.

Serinity
05-03-2016, 06:27 PM
What you may see as a punishment may in fact be a blessing, what you may see as a blessing may be a curse.

you think the kafirs who live their lives, etc. live a good life? How do you know?

One of the ways Allah SWT can misguide someone is giving them whatever they want - which makes them think that "I don't need religion" what a terrible state. @hisnameiszzz read my post, try to and change how you view things, how you approach them.

And Allah knows best. Don't look at what you have, and don't judge Allah. For Allah SWT never wrongs us, we wrong ourselves, so we ought to watch our mouthes.

piXie
05-03-2016, 06:51 PM
ALLAH is so unfair. Why?
Why dont we complain to Allah instead of complaining about Him ? Yes life can be hard but honestly, we will only make it harder for ourselves if we do the latter. Do we think that Allah will not test us? Why is it that some people grow in strength and faith through their trials and some people grow weak and lose their Eeman ? We need to question ourselves and ponder over this.

The problem is with us, not with Allaah. We are weak and we do not ask Allah for help - we do no even read our morning and evening adhkaar for protection against the shaytan and our nafs and going astray. We are weak and we do not complain to Allaah about our weakness. We are weak and we do not use the tools (prayer, Quran etc) that Allah has given us. Where are we going to get our strength from? And then we complain why our life is getting dark? Don't look at the sinners and compare your life to theirs, look and read the seerah of the Prophet :saws: He was Allahs most beloved and what didn't he go through? Answer this question.

Life is difficult but what is it compared to what is happening to the children in Syria, in Palestine? What are they going through and by Allah, they put us to shame because they are children and they trust and know their Lord more then we know ours. We think that complaining about Allah will make matters easy ? We need to get down on our knees and read astagfaar.

May Allah protect and forgive us all. Aameen.

abumuslim82
05-03-2016, 07:35 PM
No one will be tested beyond their capability.

Please think before u speak of our RABB

dreamcatcher
05-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Nothing seems to be working. Allah's plan for me is brain haemorrhage or severe depression.

sister herb
05-07-2016, 06:48 PM
^ You can´t know what is Allah´s plan for you.

dreamcatcher
05-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Nothing seems to be working. No Zikr, No Tahajjud, No Fasting or Night Prayers during shab e Qadr. Please give me some advice or dua to solve my situation.

Serinity
05-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Whenever your duas aren't answered, NEVER question Allah SWT. ALWAYS question yourself.

Try to ask for forgiveness from Allah. Cry to Allah SWT, that you are sorry. PERHAPS Allah SWT is putting you through this BECAUSE He SWT wants you CLOSER to Him SWT. Perhaps it is a call from Him "come closer, oh slave!"

Don't you see that if you were in ease ALWAYS, you wouldn't have called upon Allah SWT, as much? Don't you see because of what you are going through, you seek and want Allah SWT so desperately?

Rather than complain about Allah SWT. complain to Allah, get closer to Him SWT!
Please don't despair, for Allah SWT puts through trials those whom He SWT loves.

sister herb
05-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Pray from Allah a patience and strength to face your problems. Other advice I can´t give as I don´t know what´s your situation.

dreamcatcher
05-07-2016, 07:07 PM
One more thing is there no limit to Allahs test. I seriously feel I cannot handle it anymore. It will now either lead me to angina or heart attack.

Serinity
05-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Stop being negative. Ask Allah SWT for sabr. Relay your burdens to Allah SWT. Ask Allah to help you.

Perhaps what you lack is to rely on Allah SWT? Whatever your burdens are, relay them to Allah SWT.

Oh and btw, you forgot a " ' " when saying Allah's.. Remembre the atmostrophe or however you spell it!

Omegaboy
03-27-2023, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Whenever your duas aren't answered, NEVER question Allah SWT. ALWAYS question yourself.

Try to ask for forgiveness from Allah. Cry to Allah SWT, that you are sorry. PERHAPS Allah SWT is putting you through this BECAUSE He SWT wants you CLOSER to Him SWT. Perhaps it is a call from Him "come closer, oh slave!"

Don't you see that if you were in ease ALWAYS, you wouldn't have called upon Allah SWT, as much? Don't you see because of what you are going through, you seek and want Allah SWT so desperately?

Rather than complain about Allah SWT. complain to Allah, get closer to Him SWT!
Please don't despair, for Allah SWT puts through trials those whom He SWT loves.
(Allah SWT puts through trials those whom He SWT loves.) As you said this so I'm gonna ask you is this only for Muslims or for non Muslims as well ? If this is only for Muslims then why non Muslims are suffering from dangerous disease and other stuffs? Why Allah puts non Muslims through trials? Allah knows that there's no Jinnah for non Muslims but still he's testing them hard ? What's the meaning of that ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.